It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 Dead After Suspected U.S. Missile Strike in Pakistan-Fox news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

18 Dead After Suspected U.S. Missile Strike in Pakistan-Fox news

www.foxnews.com

At least five foreign militants were among those killed in the strikes by unmanned aircraft in two parts of the frontier region, an intelligence official said without naming them. There was no information on the identities of the others.

Pakistan's leaders had expressed hope Obama might halt the strikes, but few observers expected he would end a tactic that U.S. officials say has killed several top Al Qaeda operatives and is denying the terrorist network a long-held safe haven.

The United States has staged more than 30 missile strikes inside Pakistan since August last year — a barrage seen as a sign of frustration in Washington over Islamabad's efforts to curb militants that the U.S. blames for violence in Afghanistan and fears could be planning attacks on the West.

Pakistan publicly protests the strikes in the northwest as violations of its sovereignty that often kill civilians and undermine its own campaign against terrorists that have also launched bloody attacks on domestic targets.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I fear that this could be the beginning of a bloody road. I wanted to believe that Obama wanted peace and would be sensible about this issue but it seems that he going through it as if it were Bush. Something extremely wierd is happening now and I have a horrible feeling I can't shake.

Is Obama really here for chane?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join