It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Bush really as bad as he is made out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Aa a UK citizen im kind of in the middle. Im into the 9/11 conspiracy being an inside job and watch docu's with a keen interest. However, I cant help likeing Bush. I find him to be friendly, honest and far from agressive. When people say he is behind the 9/11 attacks and his decisions have brought the USA into economic breakdown i just dont know what to think.
I mean does someone who is so dopey manage to portray any evil inside him?

Personally im sure he has always done what he believes is right. Decisions to go to war were def not made by him alone. He would have had the top government enforcers feeding him information and recommendations which i think he would have acted upon.

Im not saying he is faultless but i get the vibe that there is a majority hatred for him. He had a tough job and im sure if it were you or me behind the desk we would make decisions that would upset people.

At the moment Obama is the golden boy, good luck to him, but the minute he makes a bad decision it will all change for him.

Oh and if we ever find out that 9/11 was an inside job and he was behind it, of course ill hate him. AS i say im in the middle. I think there are things going on that the president arent even privvy to.........

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
At the very least, Bush will be known for missed opportunities. He could of taken great advantage of situations that he didn't.

When 9/11 happened he could of asked Americans to do more. Instead of spending and going about everyday life.

He squandered surpluses. He did nothing about social security, he did nothing about immigration.

He ignored SCHIP, and we need it most now because he didn't want to crowd out small insurance companies.

He could of put the US in the lead when GW became unavoidable, instead we are buying solar panels and electric car batteries from Asia. Kenya is the biggest user of solar power. So we missed a very good technical boom.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
no he was worse. he had already pardoned himself so to speak from ever being tried on the war crimes he has committed, the effective date that the bill went back to is guess what? 9/11/01
that speaks volumes.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Any head of government that goes to war, without it's own borders being attacked is bad in my book.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Is he as bad as he's made out to be, especially around here? I don't think its actually possible for someone to be that bad , so the answer is no. I generally share your opinion that Bush is basically a good guy, but that one that surrounded himself with a few very influential, but apparently terrible advisors.

As I stated in one of the earlier threads, I think its going to be interesting to see what we learn in the coming years and decades with regards to the behind-the-scenes dealings of the Bush administration and what information crossed his desk that didn't make it into the public's hands. Only then can we accurately judge his legacy and whether he was truly justified in taking the actions that he did while in office. For my part, I believe that history will likely judge in his favor, at least to a significant degree, once we're able to see the entire picture.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Yep, Bush was a screwup. He also has demonstrated an absolute indifference for the welfare American citizens. He has been part of the wholsale screwing of the American taxpayer and the selling out of our country.
The bigger crime is that he is getting all of the blame and the US Congress is not held to their part in everything that has gone on and is still going on under our new president.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
yes and no... "no" being that he's much worst then he is made out to be.

There is a proverbial cliche that goes "Actions speak louder then words" & " You can't judge a book by it's cover". If you apply both to bush you'll see how really "bad" he really is.

He was bad news before he even started his first term, and his parting deeds will reach as far as our grandchildren... and possibly their children's children.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
To be fair Bush is not the onyl one to blame; Congress, the Senate, the lobbyiests, and heck, even the public, are to blame for putting him there and not saying "no."

But IMO bush is a disgrace to my country, my state, and about to be a disgrace to my city.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Bush and crew are perfect examples of arrogant leadership, thumbing their noses to many perils taught by history, and introducing a few of their own...

Even if you give him and those within his administration the benefit of the doubt with respect to their intentions, I still think you arrive at a conclusion that is less than favorable about their many efforts.

I, for one, am glad to see him gone...and I hope his example teaches many 'how it shouldn't be done'.

Yeah, I know...fat chance.

Nonetheless...

My $0.02.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by loam]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by daxman

With what is known, Bush let down this country big time. However there could be unkowns that provide more basis for his actions.There are also some known or probable known unkowns such as spying, torture, financial theft, etc. that would make think that we were let down as well. Myself and the average citizen simply have insufficient information to actually make an informed decision either way. maybe time will tell, maybe not. We do have a habit of turning goats into heroes.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
A ruthless member of Skull and Bones furthering his org's cause. So he was worse than most people think. They think he was an imbecile, but it was all intended, all acted out, imo.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

We do have a habit of turning goats into heroes.

America also has a habit of turning heroes into goats. I was thinking about this very topic today. For one, I despise what has happened in the last 8 years. Our economy is in shambles. Much of the world hates us because of war and the deaths of thousands. Spending is out of control and nothing is being done about it.

There is one thing that I can say positive about Bush. No attacks here since 9/11. No Americans have died do to "terrorist acts" since 9/11. To be quite honest i thought it would have happened by now...although i still think it will. It's inevitable in mind.

I will give Bush credit in this.

One man is not responsible for all of it alone...just like Obama won't be.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Bush has led an unexamined life. Clearly he is not clear.
He is a young - very young soul.
It doesn't take a big brain to recognize that. He's not that different than many of us.

The problem - is that he was making decisions that someone who has led an unexamined life should not be making. It isn't his fault necessarily - just not good situation.

A good reminder for the rest of us though -
Think for yourself.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
An excellent summary on Bush:

top topics

join