It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War as entertainment in Israel ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
What does a family do on a Sunday? They go to the zoo, have picknick in nature, an excursion in a park or watch a sports event. But now there is a new entertainment: The war!

There really are families (or were, while it lasted) who go up on hills at the Gaza border to WATCH THE WAR! For entertainment! HOW SICK CAN YOU GET?

Here is a link to a video from one of the major German TV broadcasters that shows just this:
www3.ndr.de...

Remember that critics of Israel politics and antizionists are NOT antisemites, or there would be a lot of antisemitic Jews ...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by memyself

SHOWS israel=nazi germany , israel has become what its nemesis was

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Am i wrong or whole bunch of ATS users saw direct feeds from Gaza, watching the same war? So there are people who like to watch this kind of stuff. How sick can it get? According to you it depends whether you are an Israeli or not.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Unless someone here can speak German, you can't assume what is being said.
They could be protesters, refugees, or journalists.

No way to tell what is going on.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I saw this being reported on the day they launched their attack on the people of Gaza, and it shocked me at how twisted some Israelis are.

Isn't it kind of strange, the Israelis proclaim that Hamas are evil, and yet those same people are the ones watching from the hills while their government slaughters innocent people in Gaza, and they see nothing wrong with it?

As I've said before, Israel has learned a lot from history, but it seems what they did learn was from the opposing side. They seem to have adopted some of the methods of their previous oppressors.

We have to remember though, not all Israelis support what their government has done, and is doing. Some of them are just as sickened as the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Am i wrong or whole bunch of ATS users saw direct feeds from Gaza, watching the same war? So there are people who like to watch this kind of stuff. How sick can it get? According to you it depends whether you are an Israeli or not.

The difference is intent.

I personally thought it was wrong to watch live feeds from Gaza. I felt a moral objection.

But, the families having a nice little picnic while they watch a people being annihilated is far more gross a situation than others who view with concern.
And I'd feel just as much hatred toward those people if they were any other nationality.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Nah, i speak Hebrew (and some of them spoke English) and people were saying that they came to look at the war/support the military.
Even taking moral values out of this, it is kind of stupid since these places are fired at with rockets/mortars.
But people like this exist everywhere. So to use it as an anti-Israeli propaganda is cheap trick.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Unless someone here can speak German, you can't assume what is being said.
They could be protesters, refugees, or journalists.

No way to tell what is going on.

We know exactly what was going on because it was broadcast several times, here in the UK at least. They were there to celebrate and watch. There were on camera interviews.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I have not seen it here so I can only go by what the video is saying, which I don't know. So to me it can be interpreted many ways.

While I think it is sick in some ways, it is not any different then people watching fires and accidents.

And, a small population of people on a hill is not indicative of an entire population.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by nixie_nox

Nah, i speak Hebrew (and some of them spoke English) and people were saying that they came to look at the war/support the military.
Even taking moral values out of this, it is kind of stupid since these places are fired at with rockets/mortars.
But people like this exist everywhere. So to use it as an anti-Israeli propaganda is cheap trick.

It's not propaganda, they are there watching the war. Whether this happens in any other war (not any I've seen) is not the debate.

I'm sorry you don't like the ugly facts about some hate-filled Israelis coming out, but that's what they get when their government slaughters hundreds of innocent people.

Israel deserves every ounce of shame poured on it as a government without moral decency.

They deserve far more than a little thread exposing the shameful antics of some citizens, and they'll get it through continued international condemnation, continued international boycotts and continued embarrassment through international media.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
I saw this being reported on the day they launched their attack on the people of Gaza, and it shocked me at how twisted some Israelis are.

Isn't it kind of strange, the Israelis proclaim that Hamas are evil, and yet those same people are the ones watching from the hills while their government slaughters innocent people in Gaza, and they see nothing wrong with it?

As I've said before, Israel has learned a lot from history, but it seems what they did learn was from the opposing side. They seem to have adopted some of the methods of their previous oppressors.

We have to remember though, not all Israelis support what their government has done, and is doing. Some of them are just as sickened as the rest of us.

Ats had live feeds of the war posted-Are you saying ATS is all sick Nazi's????
There were many member here who watched the feed, are "THEY" all sick nazi's??

This is nothing more than anti-Israeli tripe

Btw, since no one knows what was being said, they may have been look-outs for Hamas mortars and rockets.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Reply to nixie_nox:
I understand German very well. They NOT protesters nor refugees nor journalists. The really are families ENJOYING it! Yes it is hard to believe, but that is what the video clearly tells.

Reply to ZeroKnowledge:
detachedindividual already gave a proper reply. It certainly is a vast difference between doing like these persons on the hill and watching a video as a part of the news!

This is not meant as anti-Israeli propaganda, dear nixie-nox. Yes, there are such crazy persons all over the world. By the way, what would you say about Palestinians who enjoy watching their rockets hit targets on the other side of the border?

To detachedindividual:
There is a lot of difference between this and watching fires and accidents, which were not caused intentionally. This is like watching real murders and gang-rapes just for fun!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Reply to nixie_nox:
I understand German very well. They NOT protesters nor refugees nor journalists. The really are families ENJOYING it! Yes it is hard to believe, but that is what the video clearly tells.

Reply to ZeroKnowledge:
detachedindividual already gave a proper reply. It certainly is a vast difference between doing like these persons on the hill and watching a video as a part of the news!

This is not meant as anti-Israeli propaganda, dear nixie-nox. Yes, there are such crazy persons all over the world. By the way, what would you say about Palestinians who enjoy watching their rockets hit targets on the other side of the border?

To detachedindividual:
There is a lot of difference between this and watching fires and accidents, which were not caused intentionally. This is like watching real murders and gang-rapes just for fun!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
By the way: take a look at the two posts by Anonymous and lazy of 7-1-2009 on this page:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01
SHOWS israel=nazi germany

Godwin's law

"As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."

The rule does not make any statement about whether any particular reference or comparison to Adolf Hitler or the Nazis might be appropriate, but only asserts that one arising is increasingly probable.

overuse of Nazi and Hitler comparisons should be avoided, because it robs the valid comparisons of their impact.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
It is interesting to see that the discussion stopped after my last post above.
THIS SEEMS TO BE THE D E F I N I T I V E ARGUMENT!!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
...except for only one more, that is ..

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

I wonder how high the probability is that it ends up in no sense...
What happened thousands of years ago can hardly have anything to do with a guy like Hitler... (unless he was there in an earlier incarnation)...

Therefore: Not a credible argument...

top topics

join