It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 Wealthiest families in History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I came across this link. It basically lists 30 of the richest families in history.

What are your opinions on the validity of te information?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I think this is a good starting list - however I doubt the order of wealth represented there is accurate.

Some of the wealthiest famalies are the best at hidding the chain of custody of their true assets.

I highly doubt the Rockefellers are wealthier than the Rothchilds...

anyone have more insight into this?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I would doubt there is any possible way the publishers and owners of Fordbe's could ever report on these matters accurately.

They still think in Billions.....

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Has anyone read Niall Ferguson's books on the Rothschilds?

Just asking. I don't doubt that their footprint on the planet is significant, but differentiating fact from friction is difficult. Thinking that they are the top of the pile...well, wouldn't other big families keep them in check?

Anyways, any other opinions?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
How is this a list of the Wealthiest families in History when the lowest they go is to the year 1000 and there had to be more families that were wealthy between 1000 and 1450 than just 3 families.

If they wanted a real historical list they could have at least started at 1AD why is there no one from the Persian, Roman, Egyptian, Mongol empires on there if you were to calculate there wealth and converted to amounts proportional with today most of them would be at the top of the list especially the Egyptians and Mongols.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by jatsc]

new topics

top topics

join