It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama acceptance speech virus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Obama acceptance speech virus

www.snopes.com

It has recently been brought to our attention that some scam emails are being propagated with a subject line of any of the following. Please do not open any of these messages, simply delete them.

McCane dies of heart attack
Amazing speech by Obama
Election Center 2008: Primary Results
World Welcomes Obama's Win
Barack Obama in Danger - McCain will fight for president post

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I know we all get these crazy things forwarded to us by well meaning friends. I am always in the habit of checking to see if they are real or fictitious nonsense. Snopes says this is a real virus so I thought I would let people know.

With so much interest in Obama, it seemed prudent to at least make this available on ats.

www.snopes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It's kinda sad but I'm not really deterred by things like this. Personally I don't get infections often and my job is to remove and repair mostly malware on a daily basis. Been doing it for a year now. Without malware I don't think I would have a job right now.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
For me, it could be serious. My computer was an investment that would be nearly impossible to do again and I do all that I can to protect it. I have so much stuff on here to protect it is comical to some people. I have even got a java script thing that I have to authorize scripts on each page I visit. Living alone and being housebound during the winter months this is my connect to the world.

I didn't think this would get much interest, but I felt it was worth the time to at least put it out there.

red

top topics

join