It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello! I am old to this forum...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Well, hi there!

I have been around posting for a couple of years now, and I think a short presntation should be in order.
Read it and weep!

Basic facts (might as well disclose it. If they would like to come get me, they will):
Resident of Stockholm, Sweden. Kind of content with that, besides the fact that it is a mid-sized/major city (roughly 2 million inhabitants, suburbs included), so in the case of major disaster things will be pretty "hairy", so to speak.
Born and raised in the area as well.
Extremely content with being a Swedish citizen (and yes, I tend to be rather cocky about it, thus annoying my fellow Scandinavians- Stockholm is the "Capital of Scandinvia" you know, and Swedish should be the official tongue! Mooahahahaaa!!!)
Any questions about local politics and general oppinions of my homeland will be answered. Happy to enlighten you and take part for your hilarious prejudisms!

Did military service in 2002, for 299 days, in the Army. Security and Convoy protection unit called G2. They change the names all the time so I don't know if this name is still in use.
It was great fun and I got to master both the AK5 and the Ksp58.
We did quite some time in "active" or "sharp" duty, and yes, I have seen "stuff". Enough said (no secret E.T.-labs though!)

Currently working as a security officer, which is an ok job. Have been around and done my fair share of "tricky situations" and I must say I am glad I made it in one piece so far! Right now I have settled down somewhere quiet and nice and try to stay away from working at clubs and malls and such.
Sill a little reluctant to give away my present place of occupation though, but that is just because, ok?

I have no specific education except what I have taught myself. I tend to spend lots of time doing independant research and "education". Nevertheless, I did 9 compulsatory years in school, and 3 years more in sort of "high school" in the "music-aesthetic" program (I am a drummer boy).
Not to forget, I did 6 months of intense studies in the Russian language in the Hertzen University of St. Petersburg, Russia. More on that later on.

I am a very spiritual individual and I am on the quest to "seek God". Without being all too confindent in myself, I say that I have come across many great insights and my thirst for knowledge is never ending.
I do not confess to any certain religion, but I do relinquish the major ones. This has to do with disagreements concerning the basic principles. I can not stress enough however, that I never, or seldom
attack any individual for their personal choice of religious approach, since it is not up to me to judge the next guy. But the concept of any system of belief is often subject to my endless rantings...
If there was an ultimatum set up for me to chose sides, I would go for the native norse religion (or rather religious philosophy). This because I believe in archaic wisdom and that enviroment and history builds the intended religious path for the soul to walk and be happy with (speaking for myself). I have no problems adopting this religion because they feel familiar and are very easy to relate to.
Still, my path is my own, and the big picture is a jig-saw puzzle with the pieces scattered throughout the universe, throughout eternity...
How poetic of me!

Besides, my main idol for worship is Mother Nature. That kind of does it for me.

I am very peaceful at heart and a calm and easy-going character. I try to rid myself of all bias and I seek to know the truth of everything I come across. Still, I keep an open mind and I am a hopeless romantic.
There is a conflict inside me that I confront every day; my childhood was painted olive-drab and my father was for many years involved in different types of Special Forces (all his career until retirement), so I am very militaristic in my way of life. Yet, I am extremely aware of the stupidity of war and I would never do service abroad. I love playing war games, the military service was awesome, I love shooting guns, blowing things up and so on...but I could not turn my barrel on a fellow human being, deliberatly. I think it will have serious conscequences in the life beyond death, to say the least... My younger sister is doing her best to enter the military (she already did her service in the Army) and climb the ranks. I somehow encourage her to do this, if she feels that she is doing what is her own best, but I make sure to give her many ethical dilemmas. She must know that she is treading the road to war and with all that choice includes.

I like to consider myself a "cosmopolitan", the world is my country. I have done lots of travelling in my life and I love it! Especially Russia has been my primary destination. Geographicly speaking, that land is so underestimated! Keep in mind that it occupies 1/6th of the surface of the earth! Politics and social culture is a whole different issue though. More of a "love-hate" relationship when considering that aspect.
I also adore south-east Asia very much.

I love spending time out doors in the wild. Survival exercises and hiking for days, or even weeks, is what I prefer to commit myself to. My dream has always been to be fully self-sufficiant and independent. In many aspects, I dislike "society" and if I could fully embark on my true quest in life, I would totally detach myself from "civiliazation".
Sure, modern society has its treats, but when considering the costs of withholding and maintaining it, I see the whole cost/gain ratio to be totally absurd! People starve so that we can be fed, people are poor so that we can be rich. People live in war so that we can have peace... I feel sick by thinking of this. That is the main reason my respect for society is declining, a little more every day that pass...

My username "Raud" is derived from an ancient Scandinavian myth about a character by that name. You can read about it here: "Raud the Strong". There you finally have it!

I love ATS with all my heart, and it is the forum I have been active at the longest in a row. I intend to stay here for some time ahead as well. So prepare to meet my eternal flame!
One day, you might very well be subdued by its mighty heat too!
It took me some effort to gain access to R.A.T.S, mostly thanks to the applauses I recieved through my work in the Burma Uprising Thread. I still think I only did 50% of the job, but I'm not the one to deny an applause!

About R.A.T.S, I won't say too much, more than that it is just like the regular ATS but more of the "upper crust" of everything. Same ratio facts/BS anyhow. Still, well worth points spended!

If you woud like to know more about my fields of interest, check out my profile. Make sure to drop a line in the "comment box"!

Nice to have your attention!
Peace!

/Raud

(Ps. If you are headed to Stockholm any day, make sure to U2U me. I'll gladly show you around. For free!
Ds.)

[edit=typos. Most probably some more in there]

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Raud]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Hello.
the women in your country have always amazed me.
I used to watch them on Benny Hill. gota love the trampoline.

Mike

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Yeah you betcha! Was thinking of it this morning even, as I went to work.
There are alot of hotties everywhere!

Even the ugly ones looks kind of ok!

Doesn't make much easier though. They are all aware of how pretty they are.
See but not touch!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Hi there, neighbour! I live in Oslo, THE head capitol in Scandinavia.

And my username is derived from... Well, not that hard to guess, eh?

Anyway, see you around the board, søta bror!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Well howdy fellow Northern!

Thank you for all the Black Metal!

"Jag är norsk och jag är ond,
jag bär smink och dricker blod!
Darknorsk! Darknorsk!"

I'm sereious though. I love Norwegian metal.

But conserning the "Capital" issue...let me just add:

[Edit to add: I see you are into space- and UFO stuff. Have you been to Hestenes (or how you spell that)?]

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Raud]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Hello, Raud!
I hope your stay here is informative and helpful!
Thanks for the introduction!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It is! And has been! And most probably will be!

No problem, you are welcome!

Stay safe!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Wow, really enjoyed reading your bio. I was hooked. Are you single?? I think we may be soulmates.
Coming to you straight from the USA.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Hahaha! How neat!
Yes I am!

...I am a dude you know...(?)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Hestenes?!

Hessdalen, søta bror. Repeat after me: Hessdalen Light Phenomena!

No, I have not been there myself, but I plan to go some day. So you like Norwegian metal? Then I just have to post this one!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Thank you for your introduction. We don't usually get such a detailed description of new members.

It's a pleasure meeting you.

Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
One of my very favorite things about ATS is its global reach and international flavor. I never cease to be amazed by the people around the world who are so fluent in English. Even after a couple of years of French and German at the high school and college levels, I don't know enough of either language to even fake it.

Anyway, thanks for your participation.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Besides Kristina Från Duvemåla, my complete experience with anyone Swedish has been a nightmare!
But, I’d never let a few bad apples ruin the whole bunch.
Welcome to ATS and I look forward to getting to know you and your views.
Just think - my whole view of the Swedes now rests on your shoulders.

No - not really.
Enjoy ATS and I’ll keep an eye out for some of your posts.

silo

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
Hestenes?!

Hessdalen, søta bror. Repeat after me: Hessdalen Light Phenomena!

Hahaha! I was waaay off!

Well yeah, I mean that place!

I have been to something familiar at another location, but Hessdalen seems pretty neat!
It will happen sometime during the summer...sometime.

The video was awesome! Hahaha, you crazy Norwegian people!

There was actually some pretty good tunes in there as well!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
One of my very favorite things about ATS is its global reach and international flavor. I never cease to be amazed by the people around the world who are so fluent in English. Even after a couple of years of French and German at the high school and college levels, I don't know enough of either language to even fake it.

Anyway, thanks for your participation.

That was just about the best thing I have ever read in a long, long time.
I am deeply flattered and overwhelmed with positive emotion.

I wish I could just print this out and use it as a CV for my next job and/or university appliance.

Thanks man.
I appreciate it more than you think.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Besides Kristina Från Duvemåla, my complete experience with anyone Swedish has been a nightmare!
But, I’d never let a few bad apples ruin the whole bunch.

If you mean the musical, I would say it's the other way around!

But thanks for the resisted bias!
If it is something I have truly learned in my travels around the globe, it is that people remain people. Location is not of any importance. And the best thing is- the majority of all the humans here on earth are kind, respectful and good individuals. We seem to forget that every now and then.

Welcome to ATS and I look forward to getting to know you and your views.
Just think - my whole view of the Swedes now rests on your shoulders.

No - not really.

Well, if it was only so...

I must admit that not everybody here in ol'Sweden is a bright and proper as I am!

But if I make a really good impression here, maybe you could...eeer, let's say: cheer for us in the next hockey world championship?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I am also at "Media @ ATS" now.

Check it:

media.abovetopsecret.com...

Take care!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS!

new topics

top topics

join