It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the US military can't beat Terrorist, in iraq or elsewhere.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter

The goal of the war in Iraq was to remove Saddam Hussein's regime.

I thought the goal was to rid Saddam of WMD's, which were not found.

Yeah. The goal was to remove the threat of WMD. Since none were found, and there are plenty more in other countries, we've accomplished absolutely nothing, IMO.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
wmd?

a better Iraq?

OIL OIL OIL OIL OIL OIL OIL OIL!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It's too bad so many people are compaing in Iraq without giving solutions. The best way to beat them is to lure them. Urban warfare requires trap tactics. I was thinking sending unmaned vehicles that take pictures of what ever shoots at it. Or using care bombs when they come to raid it. Anything to deter civillian death.

There seems to be people who think the US is killing civillians on purpose. Most critics of war are do it for political reasons or are trying to rationalize their blind hatred using the war as a medium.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Care bombs hahaha oops.

Though....bombs that explode with purple happy faces doesn't seem all that bad.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
While it's okay to label those going after civi's terrorist, those involved in combat with troops are not.

I'm not sure exactly why these people
turned up the notch at this point, but I'm just guessing that they are not happy with the government the US is installing.

I'm also guessing that they exhausted other options before they decided to start all this latest fighting & kidnappings.

I think this is just the begining of the civil war and these attacks are a last minute attempt to get the US to change the government that is being installed.

They must believe they can have more effect now then if they wait until after the turnover. Otherwise I don't see any purpose for them to be fighting like they are.

I know they're locked into their religious mindset, but I don't think they're stupid. They know we have rules to play by and they are taking advantage of that weakness. They know they can't win in the long run, but maybe they're are only trying to get enough attention to make some changes.

Bottom line it's their civil war they don't want us to back their oppostion (duh), so they want us to just say f it lets let them fight among themselves. Of course we have to have a friendly government in there for the oil, so when it comes down to it were really just fighting for the oil. I really think making the people more free is just secondary or a line of bs.

While the terrorist do want to kill all non-muslims I don't believe these Iraqis we are fighting are terrorist for the most part. I really don't think these guys hate us & I just think they are making a last attempt to get a different government - bottom line.

Not being one of them or knowing what it's like to live there I'm not sure we would do less if in the same situation - minus the mutilation. It's really had to judge this whole thing with the limited amount of news we have and having a different perspective of the world as well.

While nuking them would be the easiest thing to do militarily, it would really be wrong. We will never nuke them unless they nuke us first. Even then I'm not so sure we'd hit em back unless we believed they had more nukes to hit us with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join