It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda cell killed by Black Death 'was developing biological weapons'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Al-Qaeda cell killed by Black Death 'was developing biological weapons'

www.telegraph.co.uk

The group of 40 terrorists were reported to have been killed by the plague at a training camp in Algeria earlier this month.

It was initially believed that they could have caught the disease through fleas on rats attracted by poor living conditions in their forest hideout.

But there are now claims the cell was developing the disease as a weapon to use against western cities.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I know the source is originally The Sun, but that just makes it worse. This is the sort of disinformed clap-trap that the masses will simply eat up, despite the "caught from rats because of their impoverished condition" observations.

"Dr Igor Khrupinov, a biological weapons expert at Georgia University, told The Sun: "Al-Qaeda is known to experiment with biological weapons. And this group has direct communication with other cells around the world.

"Contagious diseases, like ebola and anthrax, occur in northern Africa. It makes sense that people are trying to use them against Western governments." "

I have direct contact with my freaking mother, for crying out loud, thanks to the telephone. Stir some more, corporate media, you haven't fully cemented the boogeyman into people's minds, yet!

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

This is the exact sentiment I had.

The bubonic plague? Are the propaganda machines becoming a little desperate?

Why would Al Qaeda even try to use the black death as a biological weapon? Conditions are much more sanitary than they were in the 1300's, and the bubonic plague is highly treatable with modern medicine.

That and the assumption that they were working on biological weapons is entirely that - an assumption.

I don't know who's dumber, Al Qaeda operatives or the western media.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Haven't the past few years' warnings been of biological weapons--the "next big attack"? This does concern me, as it goes further than simple speculation of a possible method. I wouldn't, however, put it past terrorists to try to create biological weapons. But I wouldn't put it past any government, either.

Just more cheery news to add to my growing file.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
No worries. Their kind don't have the sort of brain power nor basic *motor skill* to work with that weaponized stuff and we all know better than to assume they are capable of anything more than misinterpreting written word, sitting in western strip clubs and karaoke bars. Very dumb bunch they've proved themselves to be. Throw them a deli meat sub and a low level booby magazine or a cheesy 80's glam cd and watch them stop terrorizing.

The IRA or the Tigers would eat them alive in a true terror skill competition.

The media is "fluffing" us for action. Something is obviously sliding down the chute...

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Atlantican]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I suppose this was supposed to be some sort of secret camp, given that they expect us to believe they were manufacturing biological weapons.

One thing I really wanted the article to tell me was, who found it? Military? Reporters?

Or when the SHTF, "Al-Qaeda" went running to the press?

Or maybe we're just not supposed to question it because...

Experts said that the group was developing chemical and biological weapons.

That magic word again. "Experts".

Not that they tell you who they are.

In other words, "don't question their judgement, because they know more than you do. Just believe it".

[edit on 22/1/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Completely correct.

The best thing we can do in this propaganda war is let them know we are on to their game.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Exactly this.

I love how the guy says they were "known to have communication with" how exactly were they known to have communication with anyone? Surely if that was the case they would have been bombed out long ago?

I never read the Sun, it's not news, it's BS made to sell a paper and scare people. It's misinformed rubbish designed to make people angry for half an hour about the way the world is going. The entire paper is written by idiots of the worst kind, knee-jerk, wannabe journalists who couldn't get a job in the proper news media.

Well, if they were planning to attack with an old and easily curable disease, bring it on. I'd prefer that over seeing planes hitting buildings and the government using that as an excuse to monitor us and watch our every move for our own safety.

Terrorists use tactics that cause mass panic and a media blitz. Having hundreds (or thousands) of people with an upset tummy is not going to further their cause. We have that in the UK every winter with a new flu-like bug!

CX

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
If this did indeed happen, for all we know it could have been an operation by our sides special forces?

Use some nasty stuff on them, then turn it around to say that they either caught it due to their poor living conditions, or better still say they were making something to use against our cities.

I wouldn't put it past terrorists to do this, and i wouldn't put it past our guys to do this either. You're not telling me that what with all the latest gizmos our goverment comes up with to use in combat, they haven't thought of inserting a disease into a community and letting it do their dirty work for them?

It's hard to know what to believe nowadays.

CX.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Plague is quite common, and not something that can simply be epxerimented with ???? These are not biological engineers ffs......

There is a massive breakout of Dengue fever in Queensland Australia at the moment and you dont hear the government don under screaming holy shiite its a jiihad mozzy.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Just another reason to bring 'Al CIAda' to the minds of people, yet another reason to have another terrorist attack.

" See? we told you they had the Plague and now they've released it into a massed transit system", " Thousands dead, must be Al-CIAda, lets attack another country for oil, Oops I mean for the war against terror"

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Ok there saying Al Qaeda is making biological weapons.
I don't know what you guys think of Zeitgeist: Addendum but at 1h:13min:43sec they say "The truth is, there is no Islamic army or terrorist group called Al Qaeda. And any informed intelligence office knows this. But there is a propaganda campaign to make the public believe in the presence of an identified entity... The country behind this propaganda is the US".

???

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
my first thought was "Look at that, they gave the kids a biological agent to play with, and now the kids killed themselves..."

the plague, huh....have to be a souped up version of it to do much harm. heck, believe I read about a case recently here in the states...oh, oh....the biological terrorists must be on our soil!!....but well, the victim is okay, the plague is easily treatable...

I know everyone has high hopes in obama....but well, this seems to indicate that the same crap is still gonna be going on, maybe there will be a few bends in the road, but the destination will be the same one bush was heading for...after all my left hand and my right hand are sill controlled by my brain, and it's my brain that tells my feet to head in one direction or another, there's no way that my left hand will ever end up in florida while my right is in ny unless someone or something (ahh..yes, divine intervention...)intercedes in the matter!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Of all the organisms readily available to use as a biological weapon plague isn't one of them. As has already been mentioned, it may have been a biological contender in the Middle Ages (when public health conditions were drastically different) but today it is easily prevented and treated. Without question they certainly could obtain far more effective and lethal organisms and likely already have.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Bubonic plague is one of the diseases of concern in my profession, vet med. It is endemic in the western US esp. desert areas but many other areas of the world also including Africa and the mid east. It is treatable with antibiotics if caught early but if not it can be fatal. One to three thousand deaths a year can be expected.

I have always understood it to be a sporatic disease in humans, also animals. With only occasional deaths here and there. To have 50 deaths in one place in one camp is suspicious. If this was due to natural causes there would have to have been one huge concentration of rats, rodents and fleas!

Back in the era of the plague (1300s) it was thought that respiratory spread was possible. In the early stages of plague sneezing and nose bleeding were often present. So it is possible that someone was working on weaponizing the disease for aerosol dispersion.

top topics

join