It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOIA Restrictions Eased! Obama Signs Executive Order!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This is epic if you ask me!

www.c-span.org...

Watch that, and around the 5:35 mark he talks about the FOIA policy.

I hope they allow for UFO Disclosure!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
WOW!!! amazing... it seems like he really wants people ro know everything about our government. If i could star and flag I would , but for now im still a lurker... 1 year and counting lol

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I'm as excited as you are about the prospect of openness and transparency in Government Obama talked about, and in particular about the things he said of the Freedom of Information Act requests and how they will be dealt with.

But this is has nothing to do with UFO Disclosure per se. At best, Obama is saying "please flood us with requests about UFOs so we can put the information out". But I don't think that's even it.

I do hope however that this will help to release many documents that should have been declassified and released to the public many years ago, and among those documents are interesting and meaningful ones pertaining to UFOs.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This sounds good, however I hope that once much of the red tape is removed we don't find out that the whole thing is welded, superglued, and nailed shut.

I suppose given there are alot of researchers relying on the FOIA, eased restrictions could allow someone to find the one string that unravels the whole thing.

It's good news no matter how miniscule the new policy changes are.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
EDIT

[edit on 22-1-2009 by ufo reality]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
This is epic if you ask me!

www.c-span.org...

Watch that, and around the 5:35 mark he talks about the FOIA policy.

I hope they allow for UFO Disclosure!

I'm also happy to see that Obama has apparently abandoned NLP speaking techniques. However he was clearly extremely tired, rarely giving a good solid look ahead and dare I say almost mumbling through a line or two with a monotonous voice. In retrospect I don't really care if you use NLP techniques as long as you are explicitly saying what you are signaling. If you say one thing and then signal something else or a new hidden meaning, then its dirty. We'll see if he continues to go where his moral compass wants us to. Such a thing would make our declining economy far easier to digest.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I am hopeful something might come out of thid, but as we have all seen before Carter and Clinton tried and failed. Unless Obama cuts miilitary/CIA /NSA funding, he may not be successful although he does seem like a sincere guy in wanting the Government to be an honest and open one. We shall see !!!
Maybe Obama can pull it off! But i think he has immediate problems to sort out like Israel, Iran etc so it probably wont be until the summer if anything big happens !! But i do wish him well. In compariosn with Bush the guy is a blast of fresh air !!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I recently read an old article from popular mechanics about the release of the secret CIA ufo files,(here's the link "www.popularmechanics.com/science/air_space/1282426.html") in it the writer seems to indicate our cutting edge jets can sometimes appear to do extreme maneuvers when viewed head on.

"One of the features about UFO sightings that has consistently baffled the experts is their apparent ability to swoop downward, hover and then soar into the sky at impossible speeds.

Viewed head on, this is exactly how an A-12 or an SR-71–its J58-powered successor–appears to move at times during a normal flight. The maneuver is called a "dipsy doodle.""

As I undertand it they mean that when one of the affor mentioned jets is headed straight at you from a distance and if the pilot were to yank back on the stick in order to nose up into a 90 degree climb it would appear to the ground observer as if a stationary object had just darted skyward very fast. This explanation seems logical, though I can't see how it can explain all the extreme G maneuvering displayed by UFO's. We have many reliable vid's of UFO's doing these maneuvers(just go to YouTube and search "ufo zig" or "ufo erratic"). I would like to see comparisons between these vids and a control vid of our jets preforming the maneuvers described by the writier of the pop. mech. article. Anyone know of any vid's showing our jets doing these type of maneuvers especially if filmed from head on as previously described?

Thanx

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
An SR-71 or a more recent F-117 don't resemble a silver flying saucer. I don't see how people can say most UFO sightings can be explained away as the SR-71 or F-117 etc.

They don't hover or make hard right angle turns. And they aren't silent like some of the UFOs sighted since the 1940s.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by ufo reality]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I posted this one in General Conspiracy. I used the executive orders as my source. Having read the new rules, I am very encouraged by this new administrations' commitment to openness and transparency.

By Executive Order

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
This sounds good, however I hope that once much of the red tape is removed we don't find out that the whole thing is welded, superglued, and nailed shut.

Sad to say that I feel that will be the outcome.
It's like taking two steps forward then one step back.
They wont give anything up that easily without claw marks on it!

new topics

top topics

join