It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who was the POTUS for the last 24 hours?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
According to CNN (and other sources), Obama re-took the oath of office after the blunder during the inauguration yesterday.

Who was really running the country in the mean time?

Bush was in Texas, Obama was not the legal president...

-K

[edit on 1/21/2009 by Knobee]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Obama was the pres.. According to the constitution, the new president takes effect at noon on Jan 20th, no matter the status of the oath. Good question though.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Yes, it's the time that matters most. At 12 Noon Mr. Obama became the President of the United States of America.

But there could be some type of challenge, I would guess, if he did not or refused to take the oath in a timely manner.

I'd would like to hear the legal arguments both for and against.

- Boat

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Is it true that they omitted "I swear to uphold the constitution" line in the oath? Heard it on the radio, but I did not get confirmation.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I know we're all only human but you'd think the Chief Justice should be held to a higher standard and that mistakes such as this are unacceptable. Screwing up the Oath during the inauguration of the first Afro/Ameri President is just... pathetic. That Judge's life, despite whatever successes he's enjoyed thus far, now has "Fail!" written all over it.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Was this a mistake or a planed confusion of the oath of office? Did something take place that we are not aware of between the original swear in debockle and the 2nd swear in of Oath of office of Obama for the Presidency of The United States Of America?

Was the 2nd swear in video taped and what was said during the 2nd swear in of Oath of office of Obama for President?

I know this will sound crazy but how do we know that what we have been told was the 2nd swear in of office was not, but was the third swear in of office of the Presidency but was done in secret?

If hypothetical this was the case what did Obama swear to and was there a Koran involved in the 2nd time he was sworn in office secretly if we actually saw the 3rd swear in a picture or video?

You are correct I do not trust anyone anymore in our Government.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by amari]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I reacon the first one was a body double personally.
All those people, who could really protect him?

Maybe the law states the PRESIDENT ELECT MUST take the oath, not a body double.

So he took it, in a quite room surrounded by his people

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari
Was this a mistake or a planed confusion of the oath of office? Did something take place that we are not aware of between the original swear in debockle and the 2nd swear in of Oath of office of Obama for the Presidency of The United States Of America?

Was the 2nd swear in video taped and what was said during the 2nd swear in of Oath of office of Obama for President?

I know this will sound crazy but how do we know that what we have been told was the 2nd swear in of office was not, but was the third swear in of office of the Presidency but was done in secret?

If hypothetical this was the case what did Obama swear to and was there a Koran involved in the 2nd time he was sworn in office secretly if we actually saw the 3rd swear in a picture or video?

You are correct I do not trust anyone anymore in our Government.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by amari]

No religous text was used the second time around.

So we can put the muslim conspiracy away, because he is an athiest.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly
I know we're all only human but you'd think the Chief Justice should be held to a higher standard and that mistakes such as this are unacceptable. Screwing up the Oath during the inauguration of the first Afro/Ameri President is just... pathetic. That Judge's life, despite whatever successes he's enjoyed thus far, now has "Fail!" written all over it.

The Chief Justice is taking the blame, but I think it is both of their faults.

The first line is six words long and President Obama jumped in to recite after 3 words. This threw the CJ off a little and he left out one word.

This is his first swearing in so he probably hadn't memorizedit for to long ago, throw in being interrupted and the thought tens, maybe hundreds of million people watching and it is excusable.

Try and remember a short paragraph and have to recite it infront of a huge crowd. Now have someone interrupt you during your recital and try to continue without starting over without missing a word.

top topics

join