It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist shown in a public school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
My apologies if this is in the wrong forum, I signed up just to share this.

I go to an alternative public high school in Washington state (I'm a senior there) and on Wednesdays we have classes called 'workshops' on a variety of things (art workshops, physical education workshops, science workshops, etc).

Today when I went to go look at our choices, there was a sign up sheet for a class showing of 'Zeitgeist' (the first one) and a discussion and assignment after wards.

There was around 50 students signed up for the showing (there's only about 100 at my school)

Next weekend Zeitgeist: Addendum will be shown and discussed in an optional workshop. A teacher even suggested that Loose Change and Esoteric Agenda be shown.

I thought it was very interesting that such a controversial film would be shown in a public school and that over half the student body signed up to watch it.

I'm not going to get into anti-zeitgeist vs. pro zeitgeist.

Maybe this isn't that special, but I thought I'd share.

Anyone have similar experiences?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
No Similair experiences,

But I do think it's a great thing that the school, or that particular teacher is doing this.

Out of 50 of those kids 10 will understand, and they will be better off for it, and perhaps even spread the word.

That's all that is needed, exposure to the truth, understanding, and a certain level of acceptance of the truth.

Change will follow.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I think it is an encouraging idea.

I would certainly like to see the assignments that the students produce as a result of viewing the documentary (that may be subject to their agreement of course)

Would they debunk it as a result of their existing knowledge or would they question the principles within which they are currently living?

Whilst I am not a great advocate of Zeitgeist, I believe that young students will soak up the principle message - interesting concept!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Wow.. there is a big "Religious" portion to that movie. I am very surprised that it was allowed in public school for that reason... promoting a new age religion though in the guise of Anti-Christianity.

Well, Below is some information you should know about the agenda behind Zeitgeist.

www.redmoonrising.com...

Share International Foundation is a member of the NGO (non-governmental organization) community at the United Nations

SI has a long list of prominent, well respected international diplomats, religious leaders and political figures who have had articles published in this magazine. They include articles written by former UN leader Boutros Boutros-Ghali; present leader Kofi Annan; former President of Ireland Mary Robinson; Gro Harlem Brundtland who is director-general of the World Health Organization and former Prime Minister of Norway; the Dalai Lama; and recently even Britain's Crown Prince Charles.(7) Even though the average man on the street would most likely dissolve into hysterical laughter upon being presented with the beliefs of Creme and Share International, it is easily shown that this magazine is well-respected and taken seriously by many influential members of the Global Elite. In fact, Share International Foundation is accredited as an official non-governmental organization (NGO) by the United Nations,(8) and the magazine, as stated on the inside cover of each issue, is published by SI "...in association with the Department of Public Information at the United Nations."

Now The Lucis Trust, formerly known as the Lucifer Publishing Company was formed by Alice A. Bailey a Theophsist and disciple of Madame Blavatsky (Helena Petrovna Blavatsky). Blavatsky was the founder of Theosophy and is considered the "mother" of the New Age movement and modern occultism. She taught in her Secret Doctrine that Lucifer was "higher and older than Jehovah. She further expressed in her "great work" that Satan, under different god-names, is really an allegory of "Good, and Sacrifice, a God of Wisdom." Blavatsky believed that Satan was the only god of earth, "is one with the Logos," and is the "cosmic reflection of God.". Blavatsky also equated Lucifer with Jesus Christ.

The Lucis Trust (or Lucifer Publishing Company) is a United Nations Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) and is represented at weekly sessions at the United Nations in New York and Geneva and a member of the UN Economic and Social Council.

The Lucis Trust promotes IoNs as one of the "New Group of World Servers". The Lucis Trust are pushing for the establishment of a permanent "Age of Aquarius" ruled by one "christ" figure, "Lord of the Word" or Maitreya (the new age messiah) and a One World Religion.

Lets take a step away from IoNS for a minute and take a look at the intenet movie Zeitgeist which appears to have taken in millions of people across the world:

Zeitgeist Part I used the controversial author Archarya S as the consultant for the movie. Part I of the movie is based on her book "The Christ Conspiracy", she also penned the companion guide for Zeitgeist.

Archarya S plagiarized her book from a book written in the 1800's by a Quaker who claimed without any evidence that there were 16 previous crucified saviours. This book was heavily cited by the Theosphical Society (founded by Madam Blavatsky - see above).

Archarya S expanded on the themes of the original book by drawing on material from Madam Blavatsky; revered 33rd degree Freemason Alber Pike who stated "Yes, Lucifer is God"; controversial researcher "Jordan Maxwell" (a pseudonym: derived from one of Maxwell's mentors, Madame Blavatsky's, works-- i.e., Jordanus Maximus); Gerlad Massey (High Chief Druid and contributor to Blavatsky's Lucifer Magazine); Albert Churchward (Freemason); James Churchward (Freemason); Michael Baigent (Freemason); Godfrey Higgins (Freemason / Cheif Druid) and others. To this day there are unclaimed financial rewards for anyone who can actually back up any of the claims made by Archarya S or Zeitgeist Part I.

www.redmoonrising.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I think this is great for the students in your school. The only controversial movie my grandkids have seen is Al Gore's movie, A Convenient Lie, or whatever it is.
It's nice to see something else controversial being shown to students.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

What I see here does not address the religious issue raised in Zeitgeist. You do not address the content, you merely are repeating. What is important is the content regarding the christian myth. Another thing, Archarya S was not THE consultant for Part 1 of Zeitgeist. She was A consultant only at after the movie was almost 100% complete. She wrote the companion guide as well to answer the questions of skeptics.

I think that showing the movie in a high school setting is fantastic as it is not religious at all. It gives a brief history of mankind and how the religious myth has shaped societies past and present. Humanity must wake up to the truth about the religious myth if we are to progress.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I am a fan of Zeitgeist, and as long as it was not mandatory, then there's no prob.

But a GREAT thing for your school? No, because Zeitgeist has A LOT of inaccuracies throughout. It may be a dangerous thing to show to encourageable minds who may take every word of it hook, line and sinker.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Pretty much the entire religious portion of that film is rubbish.

Whichever teacher decided to play that video at a public school should be fired.

All you have to do is look up some of the stuff on your own that the film says about religion and you will find that most of it must be made up because there is nothing to be found to support their ridiculous claims of practically every ancient god being born of a virgin, having 12 disciples, etc, etc, etc...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This is a very good thing, and will introduce new ideas and ways of looking at the world and introduce critical thinking.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I think its good it was shown, though I belive the Money Masters is the superior film in terms of research and content, Zeitgeist just ripped it off re the federal reserve.

The Religion side lets the movie down, Im not a religious person at all, I have a doctorate in Archaelology and I can tell you their history is based on nothing other than sensationalism regarding religion. They are just good at drawing people in, its just good film making really. They are just feeding people what they want to hear: 'religion is rubbish'.

I think researching history of religions would have been better, as they make it appear as 'fact' when it is not. Makes them no different to the mainstream media who feed the masses rubbish to get viewer/reader numbers, the makers of ZEITGEIST were just marketing to a demographic.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Consider yourself very fortunate Ms Nicole... and thank you for taking the time to register just so you could share this with us.

This "workshop" format/approach is very innovative, i can see how the school could sidestep any liability issues when it is left up to the students to choose which workshop to attend... and maybe Washington has a more relaxed education system that gives more room for such academic freedom?

Please share any handouts, assignments, discussion that has taken place.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
On principle I would take issue with this if was a mandatory showing, but it's great that the students have the option to watch off-the-moinstream videos. I hope the one sponsoring the showing encourages them to research the content for themselves, too.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
As long as the students have the same opportunity to sign up and watch films and lectures by the likes of Icke and AJ and Maxwell and others of that ilk, I would have no problem.

So what happened to the Loose Change suggestion one teacher recommended?

Peace

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
one step...
one step however, in the right direction...

top topics

join