It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Israeli nukes threaten world'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obliterated They used white phosphorous. au.youtube.com...

Right, I'd seen that on national news.

Based on your assumption that using WP is somehow akin to a war crime, may I draw your attention to the recent Gulf Wars.

Alliance or Coalittion Forces used WP during those conflicts and I cannot remember anybody crying in to their cornflakes when that was shown on the news.

Did you?

Hey. Don't get me wrong. Israel went over the top during the recent Gaza conflict and should be brought to account.

But there again, who will stand up and briong Hammas and Hezbollah to account?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by donhuangenaro

Originally posted by slicobacon
A nuclear Iran would be very scary!

of course it would be scary

for you...

easily intimidated people like you would be scared, but we don't see iranians butchering their minorities (jews included)... nor we have seen iranians waging war on their neighbors...

CRUSH THEM!!!

WE WILL STEW THEIR BONES! DDAAAAARRRRRRRR!

STERILIZE THEIR DISGUSTING WAYS FROM THE EARTH!!! ARRRRRRRGH!

WE WILL...whaaa?

HEY.

why are you yelling?

Oh sorry...... I am pretending I am half neandertal and half neocon...

Oh... I get it now

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Israel has developed, allbeit with help from the United States, some 150 to 200 nuclear devices.

I would say that much like the West developed their nuclear devices as a deterrent against Russia, the Warsaw Pact and China, Israel uses her devices as a deterrent against a massed attack by the surrounding Arab countries.

The fact that the Arabs have not launched a carefully co-ordinated military assault against tiny Israel, is testament to that deterrent.

Instead these Arabs support the terrorist war against Israel knowing as they do, that tiny, puny little Israel can wipe the floor with their forces, any time a country attacks her.

I would like to pose another question? If it is so dangerous for Israel to have a nuclear deterrent, why then did America not take military action against India or Pakistan when they developed their nuclear weapons.

To allow India and Pakistan to acquire nuclear weapons, especially with their recent warlike history, is quite beyond me.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
so do america and/or israel officialy has nuclear weapons? i'm kind of confused now..

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Reignite[/url]

In a word - YES.

America has loads of them and freely admits to having them.

Israel also has lots (allegedly) but nowhere as many as America but unlike America, Israel denies their existence.

It's a bit like UFOs. People know they're out there but ........................

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Israel, nor Iran will ever use Nukes here... or abroad. Jerusalem is one of the Holiest sites for both the Jews and Muslims, and the Israelis afre not this all encompassing, hate filled, muslim killing society... as some of you might think.
I am currently in Tel-Aviv in the moment for work, and have been here for around 5 weeks. I have had plenty of time to get to know the people and get around to the different regions. My being here has totally changed my perspective on the whole situation that other people continue discussing on this site without firsthand knowledge. Most of your statistics and information that is being fed to you by the media is sensationalistic. They only focus on the dramatic side of things and fish for ratings. What better way for Western Media outlets than to dramatize events in the HOLY LAND???

The whole idea that Israel is on a genocidal mission is completely Bogus. The Israelis have been sending truckloaods of food and cash (yes.. cash) into the Palestinean people since the sacking of Gaza ended. This is a normal thing that is done when action is taken, but this is never talked about by the news. There are also plenty of Muslims that live here in perfect harmony with the Jews. Yes, there are fences to segregate the West Bank and Gaza areas where a majority of the hostile activity has eminated from, but what do you think would happen if a small portion of your state or region was constantly attacking your citizens and your government was leaned upon by the rest of the world to stand down at all costs? Most Israelis would like nothing more than to have real peace in the region, and not have to deal with groups like Hamas, but when some 5,700 rockets and another 4,000 mortar shells have been launched at Israel since the beginning of 2005.. What do you think was going to happen??? What would America do if Mexico did this??? And when Israel finally responds.. it is condemnation.
Israel does have a conscriptive military, but this is to balance the amount of hatred they contend with in te region regularly. The culture here is actually quite balanced and informed. There is variance on political opinions and in how their government handles things (just like in other democracies). I have coworkers that have questioned ME on why the U.S. is still in Iraq even.
I was one of those who felt originally that what was going on here was Israel strong arming the area with brute force... until I got here. If you really want to know why this will never end, watch the attached video... come here to visit (it is actually quite safe).. and THEN form a real opinion. Not one based on fed statistics and media glamorization.

Twig

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Twiggie]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I cannot get my edit/ video link to fix on the last post reply.
Here is the link:

Children of Hamas

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by fritz

Since 1949 and especially the 6 Day War, Arab Jews fled across the borders of Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Egypt, to settle in so called Refugee Camps. Why are these Arab Jews still living in shanty towns or refugee camps? Israel does not keep them there. Israel does not force the governments of the those Arab countries to keep these people in camps or tented cities.

You should be ashamed to use such words.

First of all, there aren't any "Arab Jews".
There are Arabs living in Israel. They aren't Arab JEWS.

Secondly, what you call "Arab jews fleeing accross the borders of ..." are the PALESTINIANS, the former inhabitants of what is nowadays called Israel.

Please, take a History curse in reading carefully some historical topics like this one :

en.wikipedia.org...

Then, you will realize how inappropriate were your words ...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by orkson en.wikipedia.org...

As soon as people like you start quoting that insane site, I usually switch off. However in your case, I'll make an exception.

What a pity people do not know what they are talking about when they start spouting about this and that when referring to the Middle East.

Background:

When I attended school colledge, I majoured in Bible studies and the history of the Middle East, especially the so called area of Palestine.

Now, after 30 years of research, I have come up with what I hope is a balanced list of web sites that tell the reader BOTH sides of the story.

Do feel free to browse them at your pleasure because they may, just may change your view of the Middle East conflict.

One thing does stick in my mind though........................................... Why
do the Arab countries who occupy over ONE BILLION square kilometers, want to occupy puny little Israel and her 15,000 or so square kilometers?

They are richer than all the other countries in the world, yet they still want to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. Why?

Go figure!

List of websites:

ancientneareast.tripod.com...
philtar.ucsm.ac.uk...
www.crystalinks.com...
www.mideastweb.org...
www.geocities.com...
www.independent.co.uk...
www.mideastweb.org...

This should keep you going.

Sorry Mods, but it has to be done! There are far too many Arab and Jew haters on this site.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

click for full size

use of WP munitions totally breaking the CCWC and CWC and a WAR CRIME.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Pretty sure that America in general threatens the world more than anything else.

And weapons technology in general.

I wouldn't go blaming Israel for something like that.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
"Israeli nukes threaten the world". What a laugh.

All nukes threaten the world. If one went off above my head, the last thing I would care about is who owns it...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

You have sense man! Iran has not provoked/started a war, the only thing they would use nukes for is defence in case Israel get too cocky

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by donhuangenaro[/url] You have sense man! Iran has not provoked/started a war, the only thing they would use nukes for is defence in case Israel get too cocky

I don't quite understand where you are coming from.

Israel has a lot to be cocky about since the War of Independence in 1948, when she has single handedly defeated most of the Arab nations in open warfare, either singularly or when they came mob handed!

On the other hand, and it is a point I will concede, Israel has lost world opinion through her recent actions in the Gaza Strip.

However and more importantly, Israel is in danger of losing the war on terror in the ME.

This is due in no small part, to the propaganda perpetuated by the terrorists who scream almost daily about Israel's atrocities, thus diverting attention away from their own illegal operations.

The parallel of terrorists forming part of a legal government and the good that can come from that, can be found in Northern Ireland. Unfortunately, Hamas or Hezbollah are not Sinn Fein/IRA.

If they were, Israel would not resort to invasion or bombardment of civilian or UN locations when trying to destroy terrorist rocket launchers.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by fritz]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join