It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is the difference between the Jew's "good" prophet and Christianities' Christ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
ok, i was watching this show and there was a priest and a rabii sitting and talking to eachother. the host said to the two men, "what are your views on Christ" and the priest said, "he is the savior and God and etc."
the rabii said, "he was a good prophet but not God made man".

my question is what is the difference between the Jew's "good" prophet and Christianities' Christ???

also...

what are the qualities that make the Jews classify a man as their savior???

and...

why dont the Jews believe that Jesus was God made man???

thankz

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The jewish people believe that there will be a prophet, they just don't think Jesus was it. They think that the prophet (christians jesus) hasn't come yet, but will come.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
true. they also didnt believe in Christ 'cause he did not fight the romans and finally free them...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm not 100% absolutely sure, but I'll try to give you an answer.

Christians believe that Jesus Christ was the messiah, the savior, the one who will free us from our sins.

Jews don't believe the messiah has come yet. They see Jesus merely as a prophet, not a divine messiah.

Hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
There are also messianic Jews who do believe Jesus was the messiah.

The main difference between Jews & Christians though is the belief that Jesus was the literal "Son of God" as opposed to just being a wise teacher or prophet.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
That's true too, jezebel. Thanks for the addition =) Didn't think of that one.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I think one cannot say that Jesus was just a good man or prophet.

Why would I say something like that?

Jesus was the only one of the "prophets" to not only claim to be the messiah, but God himself (He calls himself I AM, they actually wanted to stone him because of that)

He is either God or the most profane blasphemer ever. But to say he as just a good man or prophet is at least very nieve.

top topics

join