It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone help me take a test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Can someone help me take a test, i have all the notes and test answers, i was wondering if anyone would be willing to help. got a few question regarding the test and why i keep failing.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
An English teacher I had years ago gave me a little tip about tests, just before you go in to write it, go over your notes then go into the test room with just your pencil and what not. Take a blank paper and write down what you have just read.

I was told that this was perfectly legal because you have recalled it from memory.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Something Im Not Getting

Hmm... Well I'm a University Student (Psych Major), and what I find helps, is I write flashcards; not at the last minute. From the very beginning of the course, I write up my flashcards every week. That way, when it comes time to study, I'm not overwhelmed with information or trying to cram (although, in some courses I do a fair amount of cramming).

I'm someone who learns by writing - I can't just read something and remember. I have one book for note taking, and then I transfer all of my notes into my notebook for that class. That way, I have written the notes twice. So by the end of the week, I've written my notes three times (Once in class, once into my notebook, and then on the flashcards).

Depending on the subject too - some other study techniques might work better...

What exactly are you studying for if you don't mind me asking...?

- Carrot

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Something Im Not Getting

1. Do not over study, one hour a day is good.

2. Do not get stressed out. Find something that relaxes you before you take the test.

3. If it is multiple guess, you have an advantage because the right answer is before your eyes. If you don't know the answer, fill in the blank as you have a one in four chance of getting it right. (If more than four, it is higher you will get it wrong; true or false is 50/50.)

4.The test may be timed, so use the time wisely. If stuck on a question, move on to the next one. Be sure to mark said question so to fill in the right whole.

5. Your first answer is probably the right one. Changing answers is not a good idea unless you are sure the first choice is wrong.

6. If taking a test on job skills, be sure to employ all of them before any test. If you are familiar with it, you should be able to answer questions about what you are doing.

Good luck on your test and other aspects of your life.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
An English teacher I had years ago gave me a little tip about tests, just before you go in to write it, go over your notes then go into the test room with just your pencil and what not. Take a blank paper and write down what you have just read.

I was told that this was perfectly legal because you have recalled it from memory.

I used to do that actually, and I must say it really helped me. I was sked once just what I was doing by a teacher. I just told her that I was writing out my thoughts about each answer as it helps me concentrate and think better. She was perfectly fine with it once she realized what I was doing.

Thas a great suggestion Sauron. To the OP, I agree with this suggestion It helped me and I bet it will help you.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Many test sites (especially government) do not allow test takers to take any material with them into the test area. Some spend a good half an hour to explain the test and the procedures, so much may be forgotten due to anxiety. I do like the idea of reading material and writing it down, as people do actually learn material.

top topics

join