It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Pledges to Restore U.S. Prosperity, Global Prominence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Obama Pledges to Restore U.S. Prosperity, Global Prominence

www.foxnews.com

WASHINGTON -- Barack Obama, addressing his fellow Americans for the first time as president of the United States, offered a sobering assessment Tuesday of the challenges facing the nation, saying that despite the many crises the country faces, Americans will use their ingenuity and productivity to advance prosperity both at home and abroad.

In his inauguration speech, the nation's 44th president told a record crowd of 2 million braving Washington's winter and millions more watching on TV screens around the world that the U.S. remains "the most prosperous, powerful nation on Earth," and America will not be cowed by financial, moral, diplomatic or military threats.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well that last paragraph seem to contradict the healine does it not. How is he going to restore anthing? Its sounds like more of the same, new mannequin in the window and same old policy.

Just what exactly is he going to pull out of the bag. The country is up to its armpits in debt, bogged down in the ME in illegal wars and a thousand and one problems at home. He will have to work miracles to pull this one off.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Well, whatever he plans on pulling out of his hat he might have been better served to do it this morning rather than waiting even one more day. Not that anyone has noticed being that the largest false flag operation in history is taking place on the Mall in DC, but the stock market appears to be heading towards a day that elicits many feelings other than 'hope.' This was supposed to be a huge day of huzzahs, high fives, and at least an initial wave of warm fuzzies... how ominous that Wall Street didn't recieve the memo.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
you make people believe that everything is better than it is. Illusions, whatever it takes to sell to the public that he is doing his best to restore America. I expect to see a lot of posturing and posing to hide what is happening in the background. I can see Obama singing how good Russia is while contemplating how to outsmart them at the same time. I wish him well and can only hope that the American opinion weighs more than the world's opinion.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
you make people believe that everything is better than it is. Illusions, whatever it takes to sell to the public that he is doing his best to restore America. I expect to see a lot of posturing and posing to hide what is happening in the background. I can see Obama singing how good Russia is while contemplating how to outsmart them at the same time. I wish him well and can only hope that the American opinion weighs more than the world's opinion.

Anything to pass the next stimulus payback package, which the taxpayers won't see a dime of, and then it's every man for themselves. Typical political posturing.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Over here in the U.K. we have non stop news coverage of events in Washington.For pity's sake he's your president not our's.
Who elected this clown world president
The BBC make me sick,

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I totally agree with ho chi minh. Yes I watched the inauguration but that is all. I do not care for the rest. Plus half the reason I watched it was to see if some nutter would try to pop him which would have made fascinating TV.

Also as mentioned above over what he said today and in other places where he has changed his promises just shows that he is nothing special. Yes he is the first black president but apart from that he is just a politician and I highly doubt he will bring about great changes (or at least not improvements).

[edit on 20/1/2009 by Cauch1]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
THey just announced on tv another possible "toxic asset" program. The one that was originally supposed to happen with the first bailout. This is coming from his administration.

More spending...here it comes. The proposed 825 bill "stimulus package" which will cost the average household over 6k.

I'm happy for him as being the first black president, that is a great thing...it is historic....but i am absolutely against all spending and all big government.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ho chi minh

Agreed, but we're the ones who will have to put up with it for the next four years. Then again, the media does seem to think they're coronating a king of planet earth today, so maybe it doesn't matter if you live in the UK.

As for his speech...blah, blah, blah. He's just another politician making a pretty speech. Whatever. The time for words is over and the time for results has begun. I'm not at all optimistic, but we'll see.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by vor78]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It would be nice to her what the average American wants the Government to do and how best to go about it. i think a complete change of Foreign Policy for starters. Then show trials for all the corrupt politicians and business men/women. That might put some confidence back into the people. And get rid of Patriot and all the other nonsense Bush brought in.

Looking after the people, making sure no one looses their homes. They can do all of this if they really want too, any Government can.

top topics

join