It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Oath - Fumble on words Conspiracy?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
who cares

everyones a critic

he barely messed it up

it was a flawless process if you ask me

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
That was Chief Justice Roberts administering the oath of office to President Obama, not Robert Gates.

SecDef Robert Gates wasn't even at the innaugeration. He was at an undisclosed location in case of a catastrophic event, for continuity of government purposes.

If you're gonna dream up some conspiracy, at least get the player's names correct.

I swear, sometimes ATS's motto shouldn't be "Deny Ignorance", it should be "Let's wallow in Ignorance, like pigs in mud."

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

Still waiting for someone to post that because of this snafu Obama isn't technically President ... no doubt they'll be along shortly

Definitely a post to go down in the top 100 of the year!

Thanks for that!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack it was a flawless process if you ask me

Indeed.
I will make an observation, though what to read into it is another discussion...anybody else notice that while Bush was introduced as George Walker Bush, Obama was introduced as Barack H. Obama. The middle name 'Hussein' was submitted as a mere initial.

Theorists?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Can you imagine what Bush would have done in the face of such a challenge?
"Uhh...Yeah, I promise n' whatever!"

Oh my. Thankfully, that's over, and IMHO, it was a helluva save.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Madness... I heard it 'Live' on Radio 5Live (UK) am909 and I am almost certain there was no fumble. Then I heard a replay and heard the fumble but assumed it was my ears playing up as I remember the first time I heard it it sounded perfect!!!
Never trust the senses!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
you cant say he was nervous.....during his speech he didnt say the "uh" that he became known for. so he was nervous for a short oath? and not nervous for a long speech? durrrr?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Gates worked without notes, he was nervous and opps. I am guessing that it is not everyday someone gets sworn in as President of the United States of America, and both him and Obama were nervous.

Everything is legal, he is President. They explained it all on TV already...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cio88

It wasn't Obama who screwed up.
washington times

The oath

Take it upon yourself to get the transcripts of what was said.

What does this have to do with his lack of experience anyway?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
Conspiracy?

No. Just nervousness. The important words got said and the meaning of the words weren't lost at all. No conspiracy. Just old fashioned human nervousness.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
After Chief Justice says "that I will execute the Office of President of the United States faithfully" Obama repeats "that I will execute." and nods to Roberts to continue. The silence lasts like 2 seconds and its chilling. Obama then has to be prompted to finish the statement "the Office of President of the United States faithfully".

Was he nervous or was he told to say it? A well known rule of the secret elite/Illuminati who run the show is that they have to reveal to the public their future plans. They have done it in the past. Obama said "that I will execute" and paused. Dont you find that a little weird that he would stop on that word?

Was it just coincidence? Was it synchronicity? Was it on purpose? Was it a freudian slip?

Lets hope that it was just a mistake because he was nervous but I got a bad feeling. Remember this post. And if something bad happens under his command you will see that he told you before he did it. Perhaps I have just lost faith in all politicians because of all the internet conspiracy theory videos and articles I have looked at in the past few years.

Take care

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Oh for the love of.......

You have got to be kidding me. To even suggest that a man who was obviously emotional and trying to get a grip on the fact that he is now the most important president on Earth, and not cut him any slack, is just beyond ridiculous!!!

ha ha ha.

Now i'm looking for the thread that says somebody poisoned Ted K.

Unbelievable some of you.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
sure everyone plays it off that he was nervous. and that is a logical explanation. i hope you are all right! with all my heart.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I believe it's a sign. The elite are giving us clues that his presidency is invalid. Their way of secretly mocking us and laughing at us, because by fumbling the oath and saying it wrong he sort of symbolically nullifies it if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It is public knowledge that the honorable Chief Justice Roberts suffered a seizure during the summer of 2007. Though never stated publicly, it can be assumed that the Chief Justice may be taking anti-seizure medicine. It could have just been the medicine that caused the flub. I also highly doubt that a man as intelligent as President Obama who memorized a seventeen minute speech would screw up the thirty-five most important words in his life. This insight is coming from a Republican who voted for Senator McCain, but who respects and supports his president.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
If I were being sworn in as President of United States I would have practiced my vows to make certain they were articulated correctly. Obama came off sounding like Elmer Fudd!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
it was human error seriously wouldnt you be nervous in the same situation unless your mad for power or something.

one bit that got me was when he was walking down the stairs just before he went out the door he stopped for a second or to and took a deep breathe before continuing which in my eyes shows hes human and understands the enormaty of what he was doing not like the last one who obvously didnt have a clue or didnt care.

he is human after all give the guy a break

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It was not Obama's mistake. Robert's clearly surprised Obama by saying something Obama didn't expect.

As previously posted:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Compared with:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Obama was under pressure at that moment in time and not even close to the pressure that is about to bestowed upon him. Like a quarterback playing a football game the best and prepared do not get rattled easily under pressure. This is our great hope running our country now lets pray that he is prepared to lead and run our country.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I wonder if Bush messed up his oath? His first year, I thought he was going to be great, so maybe the bushisms didn't start until after 9/11?

Anyway, who cares if Roberts messed it up? He's human, and so is Obama.

<< 1    3 >>

join