It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Evil Human Experiments

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Izafyre

He could always apologise. We are all here to learn

line 2

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Why wasn't Unit 731 on the list? en.wikipedia.org...

I think that is worse than all of those listed.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Just before I read your post I was going to suggest that Gitmo bay cuba ,and possibly the abu graid prison in iraq, should make it onto a list of this type for the torturing we know went on. Then theres the CIA stations of torture which may or may not exist-it's not official they do yet as I understand.
And I got to thinking that some places in the middle east, some of N.Africa, and saudi too have countless stories of brutality.

The list could go on really....

but then I read up on the UNIT 731 on the wikipedia link - I couldn't read it all. pretty much sickened me to the core. Trying not to get my head around that one.Its disturbing just reading the almost endless list of ...well maybe words cannot describe the amount of evil.

Just when you think you've heard it all, along comes another shocker.
whats next? is what I'm wondering

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I notice the experiment in the English lab at Porton Down isn't included, how strange.

The experiments done by Mengele during WW2 were truly horrific. I read a great deal about them and just can't imagine a human being doing such things to another human. It's a shame they never caught him, he lived 34 years of freedom.

Some of the japanese and Chinese experiments were bad also. I seem to remember one where they infected insects with a weapon and then dropped them on the homes of their own population to test it. I hope i am remembering that correctly.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
I notice the experiment in the English lab at Porton Down isn't included,

Yeah, I said this. Should have made it on the top 10 above the university psychology experiment at least. Guess it's too shameful for a UK reporter to admit your own country is as bad as Nazi's/SS.

The experiments done by Mengele during WW2 were truly horrific...It's a shame they never caught him, he lived 34 years of freedom.

I could have sworn I heard a radio interview that said they knew where he was in South America but left him be!?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
Why wasn't Unit 731 on the list? en.wikipedia.org...

I think that is worse than all of those listed.

I think it wasn't there because it wasn't a single experiment but was, instead, a facility. It's hard to judge how they determined the list...what they used to weight it.

Part of the explanation, I think, is that in general those who did the experiments did not view the subjects as "human" but rather as "sub-human." In societies with a very strict social class system, the lower classes are often though of as little more than animals... and often they are treated as badly as (or worse than) animals.

Since the end of WWII there have been many changes, driven in part by the horrors committed by Hitler's men -- Dr. Mengele comes to mind. There are review boards and a system of checks and balances (voluntary, mind you) in place to avoid these abuses. New laws protect patients and inmates... though, as we have seen from some of the recent incidents of torture (waterboarding comes to mind), exceptions can be found.

There is also a movement among some scientists to end some types of animal testing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join