It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Evil Human Experiments

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Following on from my mind reading thread - from mercola.com...
Here is a list of 10 of the most evil and unethical experiments ever carried out on humans, keep in mind that when they were being performed, no one spoke out against them until, often, it was too late.

research.exercisingyourmind.com...
Human experimentation existed well into the 20th century, and though now frowned upon by any moral scientist, can even be found in the 21st.

Take genetically modified foods, fluoridated water, cloned foods, the numerous prescription drugs being given to children off-label -- even cell phones -- for example......

10. Stanford Prison Experiment
The Stanford prison experiment was a psychological study of human responses to captivity, and its behavioral effects on both authorities and inmates. Undergraduate volunteers played the roles of both guards and prisoners living in a mock prison. Prisoners and guards rapidly adapted to their roles, and soon stepped beyond the boundaries of what had been predicted, leading to dangerous and psychologically damaging situations.

9. The Monster Study
The Monster Study was an experiment conducted on 22 orphan children in 1939. Half of the children were given positive speech therapy, in which the fluency of their speech was praised. The other half were belittled for every speech imperfection and told they were stutterers. Many of the normal speaking orphan children who received negative therapy suffered negative psychological effects and some retained speech problems during the course of their life.

8. Project 4.1
Project 4.1 was a medical study conducted by the United States of residents of the Marshall Islands exposed to radioactive fallout from the nuclear test at Bikini Atoll. In the decades that followed, children began to suffer disproportionately from thyroid cancer (due to exposure to radioiodines), and almost a third of those exposed developed neoplasms. A Department of Energy report concluded that, “The dual purpose of what is now a DOE medical program has led to a view by the Marshallese that they were being used as ‘guinea pigs’ in a ‘radiation experiment.’”

7. Project MKULTRA
Project MKULTRA, or MK-ULTRA, was the code name for a CIA mind-control research program. There is much published evidence that the project involved the surreptitious use of many types of drugs to manipulate individual mental states and to alter brain function. Experiments included administering '___' to CIA employees, military personnel, doctors, other government agents, prostitutes, mentally ill patients, and members of the general public in order to study their reactions. '___' and other drugs were usually administered without the subject’s knowledge or consent.

6. The Aversion Project
South Africa’s apartheid army forced white *** and gay soldiers to undergo ’sex-change’ operations in the 1970s and the 1980s, and submitted many to chemical castration, electric shock, and other unethical medical experiments. As many as 900 forced ’sexual reassignment’ operations may have been performed as part of a top-secret program to root out homosexuality from the service.

5. North Korean Experimentation
There have been many reports of North Korean human experimentation. One former North Korean woman prisoner tells how 50 healthy women prisoners were forced to eat poisoned cabbage leaves. All 50 were dead after 20 minutes of vomiting blood and anal bleeding. Kwon Hyok, a former prison head of security at Camp 22, described laboratories equipped respectively for poison gas, suffocation gas and blood experiments, in which three or four people, normally a family, were the experimental subjects.

4. Poison Laboratory of the Soviets
The Poison laboratory of the Soviet secret services, also known as Laboratory 1, Laboratory 12 and “The Chamber,” was a covert poison research and development facility. The Soviets tested a number of deadly poisons on prisoners, including mustard gas, ricin, and digitoxin.

continued..

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Tue Jan 20 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
*Removed run on copy/paste*

Most of you know of these - just thought it would be of use to put the list up for more to read. Disgusting, barbaric, inhuman, etc. and just think, they do far worse to animals!

Quoting External Sources - Please Review This Link
"post NO MORE THAN 15% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least)"

[edit on Tue Jan 20 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Thanks for removing the list MOD!
All 10 sections were copied as the list would be innacessible to the majority of the ATS readers (whose benefit it is for after all - you included i suppose) as the article is on a subscription website !!

Rules are sometimes left broken IMHO

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I for one agree with you.

Whilst I believe the rules on ATS make this site what it is...(which in my opinion is BLOODY EXCELLENT
) I also believe some 'moderations' can be quite harsh! But MOST of the time that is because the MOD hasn't seen or been told what is occuring. Just a simple case of mis-understanding

Im sure if you just explained this to the MODS in a calm and polite manner they would be happy to allow you to post the other half.

Providing you pay credits to the origional author/site, you won't be plagiarizing.

As we (the ATS members) don't have the luxury of reading this article from its source, i can't see a problem with posting the rest

The only thing that MIGHT be an issue is the legalities of posting material from a site that you would have to pay for?

Good luck!!

I WANNA READ THE REST!!

Peace dude

AoN

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'd have thought the deliberate irradiation of 100,000 Sephardi Jewish children by the Israeli government would have been there in the top 10.

Shooting 35,000 times the normal dose through their heads, under the guise of ringworm treatment, surely must qualify them for at least the top 3.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Anomic of Nihilism
thanks for the support. Obviously I meant no harm in doing this-but legality is legality. The law is an arse isnt it!
I'm copying from a copier who would (i'm sure) approve of more people knowing - thats why it is on a newsletter bulletin (I subscribe to).
But, rules are rules for a reason. fair enough. I'll think of a way around even if I get legal permission to post it.

I would explain to a MOD but don't know how / too lazy to find out. I may have been sarcastic, but I'm usually polite. can the two mix?

I will explain when I do a restructured repost.

Britguy
Point taken. There may be more horror stories (I'm sure there will be). I did not write the top 10 list. Maybe a new post could start soon with permission from the source of my post.
I'll check out the irradiation of the jewish children (Not exactly bedtime reading eh!) and it could go in as a non-mover at #11. Not because it is in any way more/less evil than any of the others!. Personally it is vile - and it may just make #1 in my mind. Of course there was Iraq - pre and post 'Allied' good guys invasion. Highly likely there is a ton of 'above top secret' stuff going on as well.
Would you have a link? is it on ATS? - this site is becoming so vast now I miss much of the topics, and end up reading the ones full of hope and optimism, return of Jesus, etc.

Any other suggestions!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
No worries peeps

Seems it is just list floating around the web, so here are some links.

Not including the "irradiation of 100,000 Sephardi Jewish children by the Israeli government - Shooting 35,000 times the normal dose through their heads, under the guise of ringworm treatment" mentioned by Britguy. Personally I think these are all disgusting. May the 'scientists' come back as the lowest forms of reincarnation - pond scum or something like.

listverse.com... (with pictures)

or even v.mercola.com...

or google results: www.google.co.uk...

PS. Sorry MODs. You know I meant well

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The scary thing is that most of the recorded and horrific human experimentation took place with knowledge of people in government. Now maybe the higher echelons didn't know, maybe they did, but it still happened with government funding and people in power knew about it. It's probably - highly likely - that it's still happening today in various forms either on western subjects or, quite possibly, third world populations and peoples.

People don't like to think of their own governments being involved in such things, it's "others" who do such things. Our guys would never......etc.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

1d.) Cross-Posting: You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive advance permission from The Above Network, LLC). You will not post-by-proxy the material of banned members or other individuals who are not members, but have written a response to content within a thread on these forums.

[edit on Wed Jan 21 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by matsplat
Thanks for removing the list MOD!
All 10 sections were copied as the list would be innacessible to the majority of the ATS readers (whose benefit it is for after all - you included i suppose) as the article is on a subscription website !!

I'm confused here.

The link I included in the External Quote is working fine and does NOT require a subscription.

On a side note... Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Thu Jan 22 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
2 sounded a lot worse than 1 from what the paragraph said. I'm surprised Lobotomy wasn't on the list.

To think that in most these experiments medical doctors were at the helm....uh, who let these psychos into medical school? Then again that's probably par for the course lol. Disgusting what these "professionals" have done to people, when they were supposed to be leaders and trustworthy.

and just think, they do far worse to animals!

Somehow, I don't give a rat's @%$, no pun intended. When people are suffering like this and we think about the poor animals, well give me a break.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I majored in Psychology and English. We studied the Stanford Prison Experiment in detail. All the subjects were volunteers. The fact is when placed into the roles they were given, the "prisoners" actually became violent, and the "guards" became brutal.

The point of the experiment was to determine if prison life actually altered the mentality of prisoners and prison guards. If placed in a different setting, would the same outcome have occured? It was a very interesting study. Not that I agree with it, but it was very interesting to learn about.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

That was cruel. Animals suffer in pain just like humans do. The difference between them is that animals love you unconditionally and they don't understand WHY they are in pain. In my opinion it's worse to hurt an animal. My heart aches for them.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
And a big thanks to all those guys!

Without them we would not have the advanced medical knowledge we have today!

Someone had to do it.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Gears Of War

[edit on 22-1-2009 by matsplat]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beege24

That was cruel. Animals suffer in pain just like humans do. The difference between them is that animals love you unconditionally and they don't understand WHY they are in pain. In my opinion it's worse to hurt an animal. My heart aches for them.

Humans are made in the image and likeness of God, can't say the same for beasts. Animals don't love. They feel pleasure on a very basic level and I guess that appeals to some people. Often times people don't understand why they are in pain either.

So you would rather eat a human over an animal, rather abuse a human over an animal, rather torture a human over an animal? Nice to know. That's like saying its worse to hurt a plant, than an animal or human.

"My heart ACHES whenever my neighbor mows the lawn! I dump chlorophyll all over his car to remind him of his black, deadened heart for the plants. The humanity!"

Come on people, get your priorities straight, its disturbing.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gears Of War
And a big thanks to all those guys!

Without them we would not have the advanced medical knowledge we have today!

Someone had to do it.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Advanced Medical Knowledge. So we could benefit people like you.

What a boon for the human species.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Unfortunatly it doesn't even seem that this medical knowledge gained has even helped us that much. We're as unhealthy as ever, and the treatment options don't even seem that good, cancer for instance. It seems like legit therapies that would help us aren't being used. At the very least, there doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm by med professionals for looking outside the box when looking to cure disease.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

If someone had to do it, then they should have used themselves as the guinea pigs and not unsuspecting PEOPLE or CHILDREN! Your comment says a lot about what kind of person you are. Since you are so gung ho, maybe they should have used you, or a member of your family. That would be okay. Hmmm? A ginormous thumbs down to you.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Izafyre]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Mostly unhealthy because the experiments were ones of bringing the enemy (us I guess now) closer to death and pain.

Makes me wonder what the scientists get out of it - how do they sleep at night if not with valium and a concoction of sleep pills.
Do they get bonus cheques? some sort of evil perverse fun?

All at the same time as say some poor jealous who kills someone in a love triangle gone wrong (I'm not saying killing is ok!) and gets 25 years prison (or the chop); someone who is almost, almost justified in killing someone. Perhaps a guy who finds the person who raped his sister. you get the picture

top topics

<<   2 >>

join