It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outlook 2003- big problem!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Hi all

I'm calling for help from our ATS experts here... totally bugged by a big problem with Outlook 2003.

Here is a description of what happens:
System: XP Pro
Office 2003 installed (legally!
)

When Outlook starts, it begins by receiving/sending (which is fine).
(I found out the following by opening the task manager) It then starts to load "something" or "some things"... I don't have an idea of what, but it reaches memory usage of over 300Mb!!
All the while (the memory usage increase is steady but "slow", i.e. typically 50-80 megabytes per minute), Outlook is "databinding", and it eventually freezes (most of the times) when there are 2 elements remaining.
At this point, usually, Outlook is totally frozen, and very often the whole system is blocked too.

The personal files (.pst) is just 20 something Mb, so that can't be the problem. The archive.pst is over 130Mb but that shouldn't be a problem either (it's not loaded at startup).

So........ I'm stuck... What's wrong with it?
Can I prevent the "databinding" from occuring? (How?)

Is there a possibility that Office could be reinstalled completely (or repaired) through the original CD's to solve that? I'm a bit desperate actually... Normally I can run my way through problems pretty easily, but this one really bothers me...

HUGE thanks in advance!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

Hi looks like you're .PST files could be corrupt.
This guy had similar problem and solved it by fixing these files.
www.neowin.net...
forums.techguy.org...

and this article might be helpful 2007 How to use the Inbox Repair Tools to recover e-mail messages in Outlook 2002, Outlook 2003, and Outlook

have read through them and the other links on there, this might help you out.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Seems it has worked so far

Thanks a bunch!

I never thought about that kind of problems. Thanks MS again for a faulty software sold at a
price.

Thanks again!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

No problem mate, glad it worked.

top topics

join