It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoping all goes well tomorrow for Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I hope all goes well for Obama tomorrow because ive been talking to a few people who are mostly republican, (I dont have a party, i was rooting for Ron Paul) So anyways... A lot of Christian folks think that he is the Anti Christ and that he will cause chaos...

A lot of others think he is part of the bilderburg group and that he will put all the plans into motion...

And others think that Obama is a muslim terrorist...

SO whatever the case, Here is hoping that everything works out and is not a conspiracy!! No matter my own opinion, i wish all of us and him the best.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I am sincerely happy for all Obama supporters and can only guess how elated so many of the black people are to see an African-American become POTUS for the first time in the history of the country. We've come a long way since Rosa Parks picked and held her seat on the bus. Here's hoping and praying for an outstanding Presidency. God knows how sorely we need a great leader at this critical time. Congratulations and stay vigilant America!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Ditto on the well wishes for Obama, the USA and the world. I feel we dodged a hail of bullets that could have left us even worse off and yes that was possible. For one the US said no to Israel request for support on war with Iran and we all know that would have turned out bad. We also dodged the possibility of a Palin presidency which could .... I don't even want to think about it. She was an irresponsible choice at the very least.

Bush set the bar pretty low while the bar has been set pretty high for Obama. Here's hoping he does a good job.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Here here! In Australia I've set my alarm to wake up at 3AM to watch this inauguration.

Just heard Cheney pulled a back muscle moving boxes and will be in a wheelchair for a while:

www.news.com.au...

A fitting end to the Bush/Cheney era. I really can't wait to see them gone for good, well, at least until the possibility of Palin running blows over *shudder*.

I wish all the best for Obama, his safety, and that he can carry out all he said he would to for the American people.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
[edit on 19-1-2009 by lel1111]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I am one of the 58 million Americans who voted against Obama. Even so, I am hoping all goes well tomorrow. If Obama is successful that will be good for the country and I am all for that. Maybe he will surprise me in a positive way. Stranger things have happened . . .

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

Well the only sure thing I know is that most politicians are members
of CFR, the one exception to my knowledge was Ron.

There might be a few others as well.

Mc Cain, Hillary, and Obama are all CFR members.

CFR stands for Council on Foreign Relations.

Cheney was a memeber too.

It is not a government organization.

It is a lobby for things desired by Rockefeller and his friends.

I particularly like Cheney's comments how he is glad his voters
from Wyoming didn't know or he wouldn't have been elected.

I guess they were partially informed then...

I am no fan of most politicians, espcially the forked tongue variety.

The test comes down to this for Obama, will the paymaster have
the say, or the people.

My advice hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and the truth is
usually somewhere in the middle.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Lets just hope that Obama has quick reflexes and when the CIA spooks yell out "DUCK ! ", he doesnt think that theres one waddling around somewhere.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
So the much venerated Barack Obama will become accquainted with the deep end of the cesspool of international politics.

I hope he swims through it with the grace he exhibits whilst speaking, it is one thing to speak well but entirely another thing to be effective.

So, I have my fingers crossed for the guy and hope that his security team are switched on.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Good God Almighty, it looks like the NBA All Star Game came to DC.

What worries me is that since people are not allowed to carry backpacks, they can't pack a lunch, which means they may not have anything to eat for some time.
What are they expecting? 2 Million folks?
Once all these people start getting hungry they'll get irritable.

No telling what may happen next.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
It’s a tough call as personally I don't see Obama any different than Cheney.
As the saying goes - no matter who wins it's still government.

But at least Obama has given the young hope - and I can't say I ever was given such a *gift* when I was young.
I grew up with no figure head to inspire anything but disdain for my country the USA.
No one to ignite in me any pride or loyalty, in fact, the reverse.

Now, at a time when America's youth is so obviously troubled, Obama’s offering them hope.
For this we should all be grateful.

Well, my hope is it wont backfire - but it's too soon to know.

We've all just got to stop thinking so negative and believe in hope, believe in the country for everyone's sake, and give Obama a chance.

Good Luck to him, his family, and the USA in this groundbreaking inauguration and first step into a new chapter in American History.

peace

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

...they may not have anything to eat for some time.
What are they expecting? 2 Million folks?
Once all these people start getting hungry they'll get irritable.

You know you're just begging someone to bait this thread with a *bread and fishes* post, but, I wont go there...

Someone slap me, lol.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

**Smack** lol

Yeah im surprised that there have not been more nasty comments.

I didnt vote in the election because I didnt want McCain, Obama seems to young... so i was going for Ron Paul

I hope that Obama does a good job and nothing happens to him these next couple of days, There are a $$$$ load of racist and ignorant people just waiting to shoot him up...

However if Obama is a part of the CFR... i understand why so many people are upset... but who really knows the CFR's Intent?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I know this is kind of redundant, being that it is my signature, but I truly feel this way.

"Obama is not my president. I do not wish him well. I will laugh at his mistakes and cheer his stumbles. I want the GOP to block, hinder and slam him at every turn. I want him driven from office four years from now a broken man with his administration in ruins. In short, I want Obama given the same respect and deference that Democrats have given George Bush since November of 2000." CHRISTOPHER DIGRAZIA

The only positive thing is the change of pace, from defending the President of the United States, to slamming his every move. The other good thing is that John McCain lost, now he gets to show his true colors by being Obama's defacto Vice President.

3 hours away from the Immaculate Coronation!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

If Obama leaves the office of POTUS in ruins then the country will be ready to go in the dumpster. Wish him well, even if it is only for the sake of the masses please.

[edit on 1/20/2009 by sad_eyed_lady]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
reply to post by silo13

Yeah im surprised that there have not been more nasty comments.

That's because non-Liberals behave themselves with much more respect for themselves and for especially for others.
Of course there will be a few that will still gripe about every little thing Obama will do but for the most part most will at least give him a chance.

I know I will, but I'm waiting to see when Leno and Letterman will start up on him.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Case in point....at the innauauration the Democrats, in all their shameless glory, booed our outgoing POTUS with "na-na--hey-hey-goodbye"

That's some serious disrespect on such a significant day.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by deenamarie53

You're kidding me?

Jeez, why am I not surprised?

I think I know what will happen when the honeymoon is over and the Obama bashing begins.
Mark my words, pretty soon now, dissent will no longer be Patriotic.

top topics

join