It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor said "The Next President tries to be the next Lincoln" Is there any doubt Civil War is

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon

I don't think there is anything anyone could say about the future that you or IR man would not condemn as "Obscure but obvious" after the fact.

"An african american man will be elected president in 2008!" - anytime before say, NOW, that would have been a prediction.

You are referring to this Lincoln nonsense and I am sure things like CERN. So he read available info and posted it. You ate it up as you learned about it LATER and then attribute this man with being the for bearer of the knowledge. NO. He just brought it to YOU first, he did not get it first. This is specious at best. A prediction could be a clear prediction and someone like me would recognize it instantly. I do not understand where you are going with this anyway since even Titor claimed to not be able to predict anything. All he did was beg you not to believe him and promise not to predict before giving you all the evidence he could make up to get you to believe him and then telling you that a lot of stuff will happen and there is a 98% chance it will happen to us. Unfortunately, he was wrong about everything that was not already available knowledge. Please feel free to prove me wrong on that.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
If you travel in time... wouldn't the future after the point you returned too potentially deviate from the future you knew? After all, the future is not fixed, and your perceptions and unique ideas and experiences change the universe around you (actually rather determines which future you take) as there are infinite futures from any given point (but only one past so we imagine the future must be the same). Don't play the G-d card either, cause He just knows all the infinite possibilities, as only someone who is infinite could know. I'm not saying I believe this guy, cause I don't, I'm just speculating that if this guy went into the past, and entered a slightly different future without knowing it (after all he would travel back in a straight timeline) but then the future would be changeable again, even though he thought of the future as fixed, as it was perceived as the past to him. Just a random thought

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sun tzu

Go start a thread. This one is specifically about a hoaxer named Titor, not what concepts we can use to make time travel work out.

No offense but if you take time travel seriously, any of you, and really care to explore it - you would be best to keep it as far from John Titor as possible.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Luciferdescending]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Luciferdescending

LOL I was actually referring to the reasons why a time travelers predictions could be wrong, but that sounds like a better idea, since I'm fairly certain that this man just has some sort of delusion (Titor)
Then again, what do I know, I'm not him!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sun tzu

LOL I was actually referring to the reasons why a time travelers predictions could be wrong, but that sounds like a better idea, since I'm fairly certain that this man just has some sort of delusion (Titor)
Then again, what do I know, I'm not him!

He is not delusional, he is a liar and nothing but a detriment to the entire idea of plausible time travel. I tried to get colddragon to go start a thread where people could have an interesting conversation about the concepts of time travel but he wanted to stay here and argue it under this banner. Since you do not seem all that familiar, I suggest you either study up on the fraud or start a new thread. I hate to see any more possibilities for interesting discussion get trashed by being aligned with a science fiction writer.

I love religious discussions on certain topics but I would never entertain a serious discussion on the ideas of higher powers in a thread about L. Ron Hubbard and you should not toss any more good thoughts away on this trash either.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I always see articles and stories in the media about Obama and how each president usually has their own "role model" that they attempt to loosely base their presidency on. I saw one by the AP that mentioned Clinton had one, Bush had one, and Obama actually does see his "mentor" as Lincoln.. Now, I've seen a LOT about this, Obama compared to Lincoln, how Lincoln is his "mentor", how he admires Lincoln the most.

I wasn't thinking of Titor when I first saw all this stuff but the other day when somebody mentioned about Time Travel I thought about Titor and remembered that prediction about the next president trying to be "the next Lincoln" and all this stuff about Obama looking up to Lincoln, etc. really does make for a renewed interest of mine in Titor (even though I know it was just a hoax).

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I really doubt this is true, I bet John Titor is just some dude laughing at everyone right now over the fact that people are debating him.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
You know what i find totally funny?
Titor claimed to be a historian, yet he doesn't remember when the last Olympics took place, or even the fact that bush was in office twice.
lol! what a crock of sht.....

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Where2Hide2006

My first post
I read the John Titor stuff and don't know what to think, but I ask this. In John Titors papers when he writes that the next President will try to be another Lincoln. How can he not mention that our next President is our first African American President. I Presume that that did not happen in his time line

Thanks
Zip

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by Where2Hide2006

My first post
I read the John Titor stuff and don't know what to think, but I ask this. In John Titors papers when he writes that the next President will try to be another Lincoln. How can he not mention that our next President is our first African American President. I Presume that that did not happen in his time line

Thanks
Zip

Why would Titor have to specifically say he is an "African American President." To me it's no big deal...plus who goes around saying, "We have an African American President." Anyway most people call him the President.... I thought he was Hawaiian?

Oh and another thing, since there is divergence in worldlines... Maybe Obama is more white looking.... I'm sure there is worldline divergence in our DNA..... Maybe he is more like his mother..... search Google on black and white twins

[edit on 4-2-2009 by imitator]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitator

Why would Titor have to specifically say he is an "African American President." To me it's no big deal...plus who goes around saying, "We have an African American President." Anyway most people call him the President.... I thought he was Hawaiian?

[edit on 4-2-2009 by imitator]

Right, why would anyone bother to mention a very historically significant fact like that? Instead he should talk about the Olympics. Are all Titor fans really this crazy?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I think it makes sense why he did not say the first African American president. For me, the whole Lincolin thing came about after he became president. He brought up many times why he could not name names. Mentioning the whole african american thing would have fallen in the same catagory.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
TextText Redreply to post by stikkinikki

I am only 14 but i do know a lot about william coopers theories and i think that the president that tries to be the next lincoln is Obama...He thinks too much of himself and thinks that he can fix anything. We should watch out for him in the coming days

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
I think it makes sense why he did not say the first African American president. For me, the whole Lincolin thing came about after he became president. He brought up many times why he could not name names. Mentioning the whole african american thing would have fallen in the same catagory.

I think that pretty much sums up his believers right there. Just work something else up to make it work for you.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Stop being such an utterly obscene Troll if you can't contribute to the discussion. If you've already made up your mind then let other people discuss the topic without overt ridicule for their entertaining Titor, Multiworld theorem or time travel/dimensional travel in general.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheColdDragon

This thread is not about multi world theorem or time travel in general. It has a rather specific title. It makes it kind of hard for you to defend the idea of straying off topic.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

It also is NOT about "Believers" why they "Believe" and why you think they're idiots.

Civil war? Possible, considering the situation we're in.

Obama like Lincoln? Their execution styles are very similar, and it's been overtly stated that he is fashioning himself after Lincoln in some respects.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheColdDragon

whatever you say ok. We are just going in circles now because I know I already responded to this at least once before. Have fun with your fairy tale then.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
From the John Titor Archives...

I see this as Yet Another HIT from Titors predictions about out timeline.

I know Titor said 2005...but What if Titor was off by 4 years in his predictions??? After all do you know without looking it up who was president in 1959?

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Where2Hide2006]

It was Eisenhower, and I didn't look it up.

Four years is a long time. If he wasn't paying attention in History class..but claims he knows so much--I would think..you might want to take his contributions with a grain of salt.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This isn't about whether "Titor" should be able to remember a date or what happened, but how much his tale diverges from history.

I think the most important thing to look at is one of his biggest first predictions, the horror that would occur because of -Y2K-.

There are two choices: you can either say this guy is full of it, games over. Or, you can say, how different will our future be from what he has stated, now that Y2k hasn't happened.

In this timeline, if Y2k never happened, people didn't freeze on bridges and turn against one another, what would be different than the one he spoke about?

It seems quite possible that this alone could have just pushed things back four years as people have previously pointed out.

What happened during Hurricane Katrina is VERY similar to the scenario he depicted would happen on Y2k. Therefore, if civil war was suppose to take place 4 years after y2k, then that would mean it was would have its beginnings in late 2008.
Katrina = government blamed for not doing enough, for knowing ahead of time, people stranded, drowning, looting.

Titors Y2k= government blamed for not doing enough, knowing ahead of time, people stranded, frozen, looting.

2004's president then would equal today's president.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join