It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AISS UFO Report: Pilot's Car Engine Suddenly Stops; Spots 4 UFOs (Discs) That Have Landed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Good Day Forumerions!

Here's a few pages of an "official AISS UFO report" investigating a pilot's encounter with 4 UFOs that landed off the side of the highway in Nevada in 1957; the pilot stated that his engine "suddenly stopped" and after getting out to investigate he heard a "high pitched whine"; following it off the roadside he was stunned to see "4 disc-shaped UFOs" that apparently landed there:

AISS UFO Report: Pilot's Car Engine Suddenly Stops; Spots 4 UFOs (Discs) That Have Landed

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

Great find! Was this requested by you via a FOIA? It does look authentic right down to the form numbers.

Does anyone know why UFOs in general stop car engines?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by GTORick

Quote from UFO Physics page:

Vehicle interference: Gasoline engines stop (but oddly enough, diesel engines are apparently unaffected). CUFOS database lists 441 such cases. Several ideas have been proposed to explain this phenomenon, the two most prevalent are:

* A strong magnetic field might saturate the ignition coil and reduce voltage to the spark plugs. Joe Kirk Thomas, while employed as a EM interference engineer, did some experiments which led him to believe that "interference with automotive ignition systems could occur at magnetic field levels (at the point of interference) of 0.1 Tesla / 1000 Gauss and frequency of 100 Hz." (src: MUFON Journal Sep-1987, Oct-1989) Under this scenario, automobiles with diesel engines are immune to being stalled by the proximity of a UFO, because diesel engines do not utilize a high voltage ignition system.

* Another idea, suggested by J.McCampbell, was that the ionization of air around the UFO. Once ionized to form a plasma, air loses its normal insulating properties and will conduct electricity at lower voltages (commonly referred to as the insulator 'breakdown voltage') and thus short-circuits the high-voltage part of the ignition.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GTORick

Spielberg never did tell us how that worked.
Rail Road crossing gates started operating and road signs started
vibrating and a truck and radio stopped and a mail box flew open.
Check this out:
www.rumormillnews.com...
Bill Lyne's dad had all his car lights blown out in a close encounter.
Little light wires are like antennas and just picked up too much signal.
If the whole operation of the saucer is to electrically force the air
to oscillate so fast that it can't react, that has to be fast.
I have never seen Tesla state a one million frequency but he
did get a million volts. Somewhere the gas reaction must
power the ship.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Mornin' GTORick, dhatz,

Great find! Was this requested by you via a FOIA? It does look authentic right down to the form numbers.

I was not the original requester in this instance; however it was indeed required via FOIA; I was culling old files I have, looking for UFO sightings at Missile Launch sites, and came across this report.

dhatz--thanks for the most informative added information!

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
What is this about?

I wonder why someone was interested in his "subsequent work" after study? Anyone else see that?

[edit on 19-1-2009 by becomingaware]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Mornin' becomingaware,

Originally posted by becomingaware
What is this about?

I wonder why someone was interested in his "subsequent work" after study? Anyone else see that?

Good catch! They actually did a psyche profile on him, as well as an investigation to determine if he was "hoaxing."

The "TV angle" was looked into on the chance that he was just trying to get some publicity, or perhaps "write" something etc.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Afternoon Frank,

Thanks. This caught my eye as well

This guy actually got out of his vehicle after the craft left and checked out the landing site. He has alot more brass than I do. Then again he had just finished survival school, I'd feel pretty tough too.

Also, I wonder if one can find these other sketches.

Star and Flag. Never heard of this one.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
BA,

reply to post by becomingaware

The "other sketches" are not of the craft, and not as impressive . . .

Frank

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Don't know about UFO's in particular. But engines can be stopped by electromagnetic radiation. Likewise many other electronic things can be stopped by enough electromagnetic energy. That's the whole idea behind an EMP (electromagnetic pulse) weapon, except that an EMP is meant to not only temporarily disable, but also literaly burn up the insides of electronics by inducing currents high enough to fuse transistors and IC's.

So if UFO's cause engines to stop, then one could assume UFO's radiate electromagnetic waves, maybe on purpose, as a "weapon" or maybe as a side effect, just like trucks radiate sound waves. Maybe it is the primary means of propulsion. I guess without a UFO in my basement to analyze it's only speculation on my part.

-rrr

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
On the subject of time travel, I think its possible that the mind can without anything but meditation, or sometimes "meditation". Ancient war advisors i ancient asia claim to have been able to travel into the future to see the batlefield and count to detail the men on the field using some brilliant system of counting fast..lol

And since all technology is basicly following a signal through its path to observe and replicate effects, well there ya go folks.

I just cant wait to pilot a super disc in the future, i want mine to have a fully interactive piloting seat, using hull symetry projection of a 360 degree view inside the pilot shell. with long range scanners and aft shielding enhancements,

[edit on 19-1-2009 by mastermind77]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
This is an interesting post. Its true that vehicles are known to stop on occasions where UFO are involved, what I find interesting however, is that the stoppage was accompanied by sighting of several landed UFO. In many previous cases , engine failure is followed up by missing time, but this fellow has witnessed something extraordinary.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Mornin' TB,

Originally posted by TrueBrit
This is an interesting post. Its true that vehicles are known to stop on occasions where UFO are involved, what I find interesting however, is that the stoppage was accompanied by sighting of several landed UFO. In many previous cases , engine failure is followed up by missing time, but this fellow has witnessed something extraordinary.

What interests me in this particular case is that it was investigated by the AISS, opposed to regular "Blue Book personal"; remember the "Bolender memo" which in part stated:

" . . . reports of unidentified flying objects which could affect
national security are made in accordance with JANAP 146 or Air Force
Manual 55-11, and are not part of the Blue Book system (Atch 10).. . ."

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Indeed! I hadnt thought of it from that angle. So many questions , and ideas spring to mind on a topic of this nature. I would give my right arm (and possibly other areas of my anatomy) to have been there, seeing , feeling and smelling what he did. Theres no replacement or appropriate substitute for being somewhere when the big stuff goes down.
This thread has my full attention... cant wait to see what else comes of this.

new topics

top topics

join