It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: David Cameron Backed Down On ID Cards?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I would have loved to vote for David Cameron in the next general election. Simply because he was talking about abolishing ID cards. Forgetting the civil liberty issues, the sheer cost of such a system is rediculous, especially in todays climate.

Yet on "The One" show on BBC 1 he stated that there were more important things to be worried about, like the economy. However abolishing ID cards would save billions so surely it's one and the same thing?

So the big question, why has he seemingly backed down on these cards? Has someone had a quite word and told him to slowly accept them? Will he honestly let them go through? Has he realised that it's to late and the infrastructure is already in place?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
You actually think he would have abolished them when he got into power?..you do know hes a politican who lies as naturally as i breathe.He will tell you anything to get you to vote then stick the fingers up because he knows you cant do a damn thing..

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
You actually think he would have abolished them when he got into power?..you do know hes a politican who lies as naturally as i breathe.He will tell you anything to get you to vote then stick the fingers up because he knows you cant do a damn thing..

Well in fairness politicians do do some of the things they say when they get in and for a long time that was one of his major campaign issues. Take a look back and you will se he mentioned them in nearly every interview he had chance to.

We have to take some things they say at face value otherwise no one would vote for anyone. The politicians have to carry out some of their promises or they won't get reelected.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
You can view the interview here.

www.bbc.co.uk...

If you are outside the UK you won't be able to view this. However you can get around it using a proxy server with your web browser if you want to view it.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well, it is an issue that he can milk to increase positive public opinion, but I seriously doubt it is at the top of his agenda. If he says he will abolish an issue as big as ID cards, I am inclined to believe he may, as otherwise it will be used against him in the nex the general election by the opposition...
However, you are right in not taking everything at face value. These are some very slippery people we are dealing with.

top topics

join