It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts at Cumberland Falls KY

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This picture was taken at Dupont Lodge @ Cumberland Falls KY.

This was taken with a standard digital camera. In the picture- you can see the two ghosts near the window. One is leaning on the left wall- wearing period clothing- and the other is to the top upper right- just the figure of a face and cloak. Enlarge to see better.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by xynephadyn]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Oh I haven't seen this type of thing in a while!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
To clarify, the hazy figure is a crew member who was walking by, correct?

If I had to guess, I'd say this is due to a malfunction within the camera. If you notice, the man sitting nearest to her is a bit blurry himself, especially the part of his head that connects to the line of her body. It seems to be an effect similar to capturing a fast-moving object on film. There is also an additional picture (the one you linked--I see it's working now) within that users collection in which, at another location and with another person, their form looks similarly blurry. Digital cameras can play some very strange tricks now and again.

Edit: Did you take these pictures? The first one looks like the man might be standing outside of a window, and the dining hall is a reflection of the room he's looking into. Someone could have taken the picture by tilting upward or to the side at the right angle, ensuring that they are out of frame. Just a possibility.

[edit on 18/1/09 by paperplanes]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

The images are showing as deleted/removed. Is it possible to post them again or provide a working link?

Sounds very interesting - can't wait to see

EDIT: Ignore me - they're up and running again

[edit on 18/1/09 by lizziejayne]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Thats just long exposure photography. Nothing to see here.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This is just a phtographic effect when you get a camera with a slow shutter setting and motion is captured.

Its called "Motion Blur". Nothing unusual about it.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Anyone with a slight knowledge of photography can replicate these effects, nothing spooky about it. I could upload dozens of pictures like this.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TurinPT

That's what I was thinking - not that I'm well versed in photography techniques etc.

One thing that does intrigue me if this is caused by a lengthy exposure - why does the white shoe in the second picture seem unaffected? The rest of the body appears opaque, yet the foot seems quite solid. Perhaps she was swaying, whilst stood in the same place?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lizziejayne

The shutter was open during the time she took a step. When one takes a step, one foot is still, on the ground, while the rest of the body goes forward

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Wow, that tongue-in-cheek tone really IS hard to get across in text!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Alright, I can see how the second photo was a photography mishap, maybe - but please explain how the first photo is see thru and you can see the table setting behind him.

I did not alter these photos and there were no long exposures. But I would love to hear an explanation for the first photo! Thats what this thread is for!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Birght objects are also captured easier than darker parts ofthe picture.
You need to make sure to set higher qualitiy cameras for specific light settings or your pictures will end up messed up like this.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I still don't see how you can explain the first picture as a shutter speed or effect of a camera. Its a picture that is taken with a guy that appears to not be moving and you can see the images behind him. When did cameras get the ability to add an effect of full color x rays that can view solid objects behind the person ?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
the first picture looks like a combination of a long shutter speed with flash light. You can open the shutter for 1/2 or 1 second and then let the flash go off just before it closes. That creates this effect. Try it, its fun.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It seems obvious to me that the guy in the first picture is standing behind a window. You can see reflections of the chandilier on the guys head.

I would venture a wild guess and say that the see through effect is caused by some sort of reflection of the table off the window. does that make sense?

I dont know, but he is deffinatley behind a window in that shot. So perhaps that will be a clue as to what caused this photo to look like that.

The second one is obviously motion blur, even I can tell that.

The third one, I will give you that it looks creepy, but its just an out of foucs shot of a hallway.....

[edit on 18-1-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mister Jones

hmm would you mind creating this effect then? Id love to see if it can be created with a flashlight... Thanks!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Actually it was taken in a doorway. No glass window- no mirror...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Actually it was taken in a doorway. No glass window- no mirror...

So he is just wearing a chandilier on his head then? Seems like an odd and somewhat painful fashion choice to me...

Air doesnt reflect images like that. Glass does though, and that is the reason why I doubt you.

Not to mention that even in that photo there is evidence of slight motion blur. Look at the emblem on his shirt.... Its not moving around by itslef you know.

Infact all three of your pictures seem to have some motion blur or is slightly out of focus.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Judging by the smear from the emblem on the shirt the guy is wearing, and the smear near his face, and the fact that only the right side of him and the headwear seems transparent..Id say your camera is poofed or some setting isnt right.

The third pic you put up, now there is a bonafide paranormal ghost picture! Studying that one closely.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity what hotel are you at? It looks like a haunted hotel I stayed at on the gorge in Oregon

top topics

<<   2 >>

join