It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could it be that global thought is generating our UFO phenomena?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
I am sorry to burst your theory here but alien contact and UFOs are something that have been reported in ancient times before they even had the science to understand what the stars were. Your theory does not hold water when you take ancient accounts into consideration.
There was no global awareness of space at that time. Certainly no preconceived universal notions of what UFOs should look like.

Exactly and what did they worship?
Let’s assume the ancient’s state of mind was such that they already worship a particular animal wouldn’t it make sense to appear in that form. A man with a cats head or something.
The only reason in present day that there has been a common vibe to the UFO saga is the media and more importantly the internet.
You know I’m not entertaining we are living in a computer simulation, I’m not saying this is a hologram, I’m not saying this is generated directly from our minds I’m not say this is not real. I am suggestion that in some way they are reading our consciousness and tailoring the phenomenon to suit.
We’ll just have to see how it pans out but my bet is we are going to see a lot more different shapes making it even more confusing.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild
Because of this: Quote

I am sure those "manmade" Ufo's must have been really something extraordinary, those days of 1897.

Ah I see why you are confused, you didn't understand the point of my post.

I was pointing out that one of the factors that might explain the changes in shapes of UFOs (this was the question I was replying to) is that people in all probability are also witnessing secret or in-development projects in light of recent designs in aircraft and UAVs.

You also seemed to have missed the paragraph right below that one, that said that triangular craft have been reported way before these projects, implicitly saying that there's something more to UFOs than misidentified military projects. I will quote you that paragraph again for sake of clarity:

However, let's not forget that triangular shaped craft were also being reported in the early years and basically throughout all of "UFO history". And the same applies to saucer shaped craft - they are still being reported in modern times.

Nowhere in my post I said that there isn't anything else to the UFO phenomena except misidentifications. In fact, I explicitly say otherwise.

In conclusion, I think these changes in shapes go hand in hand with the statistics (and my personal believe) that only a small percentage of UFOs are indeed something other than man-made aircraft, misidentifications, weather phenomena and other unknown phenomena.

Now if you want to debate if the majority of reported UFOs are alien or not, that would be a legit argument you could raise from my post, but as I stated - and again, this is my opinion - only a small fraction of UFOs are indeed "something else".

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldn1989
To be honest i think your whole theory must be a joke. How can something appear because the human mind wants it to? If that was the case then we would get anything we want.

It’s okay to think it’s a joke, but I’m not joking.
I don’t know how many times I have to say this…
“I wasn’t implying that our thoughts did anything directly more that the aliens have a method of receiving them and then acting on what they receive”
In plain English perhaps they have a machine that receives our thoughts and manipulates there visual presents to us. Why not if we had the technology we would do just that. Perhaps our thoughts or consciousness is in fact be summoning them.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join