It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Monson charged with mischief; ESPN not an accomplice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Jeff Monson charged with mischief; ESPN not an accomplice

sports.yahoo.com

Jeff Monson is either really dumb or really smart. I'm leaning towards the latter.

The fighter, who last appeared in the Mixed Fighting Alliance, winning over Ricco Rodriguez in December, has a warrant against him for defacing the Capitol building in Olympia, Wash. This warrant was issued after pictures of him painting an anarchist symbol on the building appeared in ESPN the Magazine.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
deadspin.com
www.lewrockwell.com

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Now I'm not an anarchist, but I can appreciate Monson's anger towards the government. An outspoken fighter diplaying his beliefs on Washington state capitol building. I only wish he were a little more creative with graffitti.

sports.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-1-2009 by becomingaware]

[edit on 17-1-2009 by becomingaware]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
What a maroon. I hope he gets tossed in the clink for 10 years.

Line 2.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Yea I'm sure that deserves 10 years in prison. If your going to argue a point can you please be a little more realistic?

If you and I were police officers and we found this guy doing this...I'd let you take point...

How about something more attention grabbing?

Or are you being sarcastic like your signature? Your signature is sarcastic right?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Though I hate most graffiti, in this case it doesn't bother me as much, however if I caught someone painting my property I would figure a couple days in jail and cleaning up graffiti would be appropriate.

The fact that he's being over-charged is pretty typical for our government who I believe truly fear people like Monson. Hmm I guess he's another terrorist.

What's most amazing is the governments claim that it cost 14k to clean up, I guess they do that in order to inflate the criminal charge or they must pay the government janitors 1k an hour.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Maybe he's a member on here

Article

Text"I'm not some sort of conspiracy theorist," Monson says of his political leanings. "I'm not talking about how the government is trying to hide UFOs. I just want to do away with hierarchy. I'm saying that our economic system, capitalism, is structured so that it only benefits a small percentage of very wealthy people. When I was traveling in Brazil, they had us staying at a really posh hotel. Outside the hotel there was a mom sleeping on the sidewalk with her two kids. That's when reality hits you. What did that woman ever do? Who did she ever hurt?"

Anyway, it's up for discussion. I have a rebelious spirit so this article appealed to me. I'm sure many can relate.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by becomingaware]

[edit on 18-1-2009 by becomingaware]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
on a side note----did u see that other former fighter who did that huge bank robbery in the uk somewhere,,, it was on espn's e60 show

he almost got away with it too,,, i think someone involved eventuaslly ratted

found it
lee murray---made off with 92 million

www.guardian.co.uk...

uk.youtube.com...://mmalinker.com/xViewer.php?vidid=6724&vidt=i

seems like mma fighters and pro wrestlers are always in trouble,,drinking,,, drugging overdosing,,, murdered or dying

[edit on 18-1-2009 by shortywarn]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

Wow, I had no idea that the Securitas Heist was done by an MMA fighter. Good find, thanks Shorty. That was the biggest cash haul in world history.

Yea, these guys obviously have a violent nature in and out of the ring. I wonder if they are just more susceptible to go over the edge than everyone else.

I mean it's in everyone to act out like that, most just have better control.
In Monson's case he's obviously sick of BIG Government, and has at least the sports media as an outlet for his beliefs.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
yeah,,, brock lesner has control issues as well,,

many wrestlers beat their wives,,,,not that plumbers or ups drivers don't as well,,, but u know what i'm saying

jake the snake----total alcoholic

honkey tonk man as well

i saw a youtube clip called---50 dead wrestlers under 50 years old

also rampage jackson ran from the police

Jeremy Jackson Arrested for Sex Crimes--a mma fighter
www.cagepotato.com...

UFC fighter Josh Neer arrested after police chase
mmajunkie.com...

as link u may like
The 10 Most Despicable People in MMA
www.cagepotato.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I was way more suprised that Jeff Monson had a masters degree than I was that he was caught spray painting graffiti on walls

I like watching the guy fight though, he never gets choked out because he has no neck.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Cage potato is awesome, I'm on there pretty frequently thanks again Shorty
and yea I saw that thing about Rampage, I love his interviews though, funny guy.

Yea Blackops he's a monster, and evidently has some smarts to get his masters, or maybe he has an agenda? Man these guys have aggressive personalities. Hopefully Monson won't murder his family or anyone else for that matter.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
ps,,, since it's kind of quite---is that your boxer in the avatar

i have a half boxer,half english bulldog

i love him to death,,and such a great dog

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Yea, that's Mongo. Awesome dog, loyal, smart as heck, and hates being left alone.
Half Boxer half Bulldog? That's awesome! I'd like to see that, I don't think I've seen that mix.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
i'll get some pics up,,, most people think i have the fattest boxer ever,,,and sometimes i get looks of evil like how dare you overfeed that dog you terrible schmuck

he has the short and stockiness of a bulldog but the markings and head of a boxer

best dog i ever had,,,my best buddy and goes with me everywhere,,,you can't leave a car door open without him jumping in and then refuses to get out,,,loves the car and drooling all over my windows

i go to mcdonalds and get 2 doublecheese burgers for me and 1 plain for him

also---just found out uga the bulldog---the georgia blldogs mascot died a few months ago,,,but have an new one from the same linnage ready to go

also i thought i had a mut but there is a breed called boxbulls,,,although i guess not akc recognized---that made me feel better

[edit on 19-1-2009 by shortywarn]

top topics

join