It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel declares unilateral Gaza cease-fire

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

JERUSALEM – Israel declared a unilateral cease-fire Saturday in its 22-day offensive that turned Gaza neighborhoods into battlegrounds and dealt a stinging blow to the Islamic militants of Hamas. But Israeli troops will stay in the Palestinian territory for now and Hamas threatened to keep fighting until they leave.

news.yahoo.com...

And so maybe now it will end, maybe. How long before Hamas breaks it, again?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

I think you meant how long before Hamas OR Israel breaks it, again.
Life isn't always so 1 sided my friend. Cool that there's a ceasefire. Hopefully it lasts and either side doesn't do anything stupid.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by ZombieSlayer]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
And so maybe now it will end, maybe. How long before Hamas breaks it, again?

Uh, you do realise Israel broke the current cease fire by assassinating some high-profile members of Hamas - right?

Aside from the OP's blatant bias, it's good to hear.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hamas has already launched 8 rockest since the cease-fire went into effect. They all landed harmlessly into fields. Just watch though, Hamas will continue firing but there will be no Israeli response for a time so that they can show that they are trying to show "restraint" and blame it on Hamas for the continued violence. Smart PR move by Israel.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
As we already know hamas broke the cease fire in less then a day. And even better? With all these soldiers in Gaza do they aim rockets at the IDF? Nope, at little kids and pregnant women. Amazing, a dozen soldiers ten feet away, or an eight year old kilometers away, and they go after the little kid.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
so if I understand this in any way
it means that Israel rolled in, killed a bunch of people and established militant troops in the area then called..... "hey stop shooting we dont want to play anymore" then expect to just stay in those area's with-out the locals fighting back.....

well thats one hell of a tactic they have there.......

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Well thats exactly what happened if you choose to ignore why they rolled in there in the first place. A cease-fire expired about 3-4 Friday's ago and Hamas didnt want to renew it and they began firing rockets (many more than usual) daily at Israel. The rest is history and now this is what we have. Israel made their point. Keep firing rockets at us and we will come in here and decimate you. Oh and make no mistake about it, everyone is crying about the "damage" thats been done in Gaze, well it could be 1000 times worse if Israel wanted it to be. They delivered a disproportional response on prupose......to drive home the point: QUIT FIRING YOUR *snip* ROCKETS AT US!!!

Now Israel has stopped and we'll see if Hamas does. If not, then it will all resume. All Hamas has to do is very simply QUIT FIRING THE FREAKING ROCKETS!! Dont the Palestinian people see what their "leadership" is doing to them?

Why is the West Bank so quiet?

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Originally posted by Disclosure Agent
so if I understand this in any way
it means that Israel rolled in, killed a bunch of people and established militant troops in the area then called..... "hey stop shooting we dont want to play anymore" then expect to just stay those area's with-out the locals fighting back.....

well thats one hell of a tactic they have there.......

[edit on 18-1-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Hamas kills any Palestinian that speaks out against them. Hamas kills more Palestinians then Israel, both through missile mishaps and exterminating the families of those who disagree with them. So even if the Palestinians got tired of them they can't do anything since they would be killed.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I really would like to see where your coming from. Is there a way you can post sources to back up your diatribes?

AAC

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I found a couple of interesting sources of Hamas whacking Palestinian civilians on a google search.

www.youtube.com...

GAZA - the Real Murder HAMAS execute FATAH & Civilians youth Woman, Etc.. more then 750 Murdered

www.youtube.com...

This one with comments

www.youtube.com...

Plus the normal training of children to die / hate / and murder...
This speaks a 1000 words.

www.youtube.com...

Hamas Mickey Mouse Teaches Terror to Kids
www.youtube.com...

Hamas children shows (Broadcast TV shows even)

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

HAMAS was funded by Israeli Intelligence. Need proof? MASSAD "War by Deception"

I don't mind that you use this evidence to support your assertions. It's just that when evidence from the other side manifests, you refused to entertain it, and revert back to tunnel-vision support of Israel.

AAC

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
As we already know hamas broke the cease fire in less then a day. And even better? With all these soldiers in Gaza do they aim rockets at the IDF? Nope, at little kids and pregnant women. Amazing, a dozen soldiers ten feet away, or an eight year old kilometers away, and they go after the little kid.

Its so convienient for you..isnt it...to ignore Israel's obvious faults in all of this. Why dont you give us an up to date and verifiable body count of Israel's civilian losses vs the Palestinian civilian losses, say...for the last whole year, up to today's cease fire.

I for one am glad all the genocide by Israel is over. The world opinion is definately not on Israel's side by even a fraction.

When your ready with that verifiable count..please do post that for all of us.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
OK, Let's not be silly here... If this kind of crap happened to the US or UK we would take them out in much the same way if not much worse. And by stacking up "body" counts... should it be more even?? Should the US have taken more civilian casualties to justify the Afgan casualties which are much higher? Should Israel let a few more of their civilians get killed so the casualties are more even? Don't be Ridiculous Guys, If someone were fragging US civilians, all hell is going to break loose. Kind of hypocritical but I get the feeling most of you don't approve of the Afgan invasion either (Not talking about Iraq here, I am not happy with that one either)

Sure Israel is going to use overwhelming firepower to limit THEIR casualties the same way the US or UK would.

And for those who complain so much about it... go do something about it. Why don't you throw some money together and send yourselves as envoys to Hamas to share some "goodwill". They would LOVE to see you. I would be willing to bet good money that warm welcome would be far from boring.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Actually, Mexico has shot at US people before when trying to get drug smugglers in. But that was technically US border patrol and not civillians. But if Mexio had fired 3,000 missiles at Dallas then yeah, I can see America turning Mexico City in to a crater. But Dallas is Jerusalem, the victims wouldn't be Jews, so it would be ok to eliminate the Mexicans. And an update. Hamas fires more rockets, IDF sticks to cease fire. news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 18-1-2009 by GamerGal]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
HAMAS was funded by Israeli Intelligence. Need proof? MASSAD "War by Deception"

It's MOSSAD. No-one says MASSAD. Except you.

Just thought I'd make a short pointless interlude.

GamerGal, please see here. There's your Massad connection.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by YourForever

You'd have to have a turban tightly wrapped on your head to believe Israel is launching rockets at their own children, what utter nonsense.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

Ideology feeds itself opportunities. If they were interested in protecting children and living in peace perhaps they would not of murdered so many Israeli and Palestinian.

That's just my opinion. The funding, however, is a fact. You are silly to disregard because it does not fit in your picture.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by YourForever

Talk about a twisting of truth. Hamas is funded alright but it comes from Iran.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Iran funds Hamas. Iran sends them weapons. Why Israel asked Bush to attack Iran. But without Halliburton giving permission Bush said no.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join