It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CrAzY pet names!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I was just curious if anyone else out there had named their pets something others consider nuts? Take me for instance, my dogs are named...wait for it....wait for it.... Manpanties and Camisole. Manny and Cami for short.... I have been ridiculed for lavishing such names on my beloved critters, but hey, I like it and they don't seem to mind either!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
A lot of people seem to think that Areomuss is an odd name for a dog but i like it.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Naming my dog "deeogee" has raised a few eyebrows, especially when i'm running thru the neighborhood yelling Dee O Gee (D.O.G) trying to catch her.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Couldn't help it tired of waiting to see what the anon post was.:shk: I know that it's lazy.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

I like it!
It has a nice ring to it!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
lol I get odd looks when i take my Kitty to the vet and they have to call out *Cuppy cake"

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
my cat's name is Poodle.

I used to have a black lab named Stephen....but we called him Steve.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
We couldn't decide what to name our cat......gosh, almost 15 yrs. ago, so when we picked her up this song was on the radio......so that's what we named her...."Little Miss".

Rush

Edit: vid won't work.....what is it with the videos lately, just use the link.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by hsur2112]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Its not that crazy but I named my female dog Ripley after the character from Aliens!!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It's not exactly strange, but people usually get a chuckle out of my cats' names: Itchy and Scratchy.
My goldfish (RIP - 2yrs - sadness) was named Finnster
(And now I have a betta who I call Herman/Arminius, or just plain Grumpy for his betta "frown")
Had a rabbit named Muggsy.
Hamster #1 was Trillian
Hamster #2 was Spiny Norman
Both hamsters were a long time ago.
That's not all the pets I've had, just those with the least common sounding names, I guess.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Naming my dog "deeogee" has raised a few eyebrows, especially when i'm running thru the neighborhood yelling Dee O Gee (D.O.G) trying to catch her.

I tried to get the wife to agree to that name, and Ciattee for the cat (C.A.T.), but she wouldn't go there....

One of my cats is named "Doofus" though...as I had him before we got together. He once had another name (can't remember it), but I've had him forever and my mother kept calling him a Doofus, so it stuck.

Incidentally, he's actually very smart (too smart in fact...he can open up cabinets, refridgerators, etc., and can even get the cap off a can of Pounce...he puts one paw on the can and uses his teeth to pull it off in one swift motion).

Many years ago, I had moved in with my mom to help her with some bills, so that's when she kept on calling him that... (wanted to allay any notion of some older guy still living with his mom, hehe... I did that as a favor to her at the time, and since then live in a house with the wife...)

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
My cat was named Stupid. It was the only thing she would answer to. And, she fit the name perfectly. :shk:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
Its not that crazy but I named my female dog Ripley after the character from Aliens!!

My female dog is named after Andre' the Giant...but I call her Brown

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Well, I suppose Iggy might be an odd name for a cat, but far odder is my 80 year old neighbor insisting on calling him Oogey.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage

Named my cat Jonesy.

I have a rule to NEVER go looking for her.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well, I havent named my dog anyting I consider wierd. Her name is Dusty.

My mom however has a one eyed, epileptic chihuahua whos full name is "Binky Beandip".

Now how she came up with the name Binky Beandip is far beyond me.

She calls him Binky. He actually has papers. She got ripped off. She was told he is a full blood chihhuahua. But he is about the size of a jack russel terrier.He is a cool dog though.

I wish I had a picture of him, if I did I would post it.... Oh well. Your probably better off not seeing his picture. You might just be scarred for life.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I remember another one I had a squirrel we named him Tojo My Grandmother has a Chihuahua named Kia and another one named Taco.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

She calls him Binky. He actually has papers. She got ripped off. She was told he is a full blood chihhuahua. But he is about the size of a jack russel terrier.He is a cool dog though.

Same with my chihuahuas...(well, 3 of the 4 are that big)...and they are papered, and I know the parent dogs well...so I know they're purebred...

The weird name is probably a function of having to have a unique name for the AKC registration...hence the second name, as there are likely lots of registered "Binky's".....

That said, one of our dogs is named "Ling-Ling" from the little anime creature on Drawn Together, who is hyper...just like my dog....

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
These arent exactly that weird but i have 4 cats lol called

Buttons,
Smarty,
Willow and Leo

they RULE !!

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Anti - Government]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
We have two cats. One is named Lucky..she was a kitten found by the side of the road and of course was lucky she wasn't killed.
The other cat, whose name I take no credit for is Raisin. The reason for the name is....if you look under a cats tail at their butts, it looks like a raisin. :shk:
(husbands choice of name)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join