It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GANGS should be declared Domestic Terrorist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Ah yes, we still have lots of soft hearted/headed folks who refuse to make decisions in this matter of "gangs". They are equating what should be self evident to any thinking person i.e. gangs - vs - ordinary social organizations.

They are not the same thing folks. So don't get carried away there with the falacy of the "slippery slope".

You know what a "gang' is!
Everyone knows what a "gang" is.
There would be no problem rounding them up and putting them all in the camps that the US has around the country.

Personally, I think it would be good for the country and society in general if large numbers of the members of these gangs were executed. In fact those leaders now in prison should be executed. That would sure stop them from being leaders of the gangs outside on the streets now wouldn't it? The solution is really simple when you put your mind and rescources to the task.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muundoggie

If this doesn't open your eyes nothing will !

And you wonder why Nancy Pelosi wants them to become voters!

It's no coincidence that the democrats control all large cities, many states and the whole congress and now the presidency.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Intothepitwego

I never said anything about executing them but if they eliminate each other like they do every day? They need to be separated from the neighborhoods they hold hostage some way.

As far as the other crimes you list, they need to be dealt with in a real manner also.

I'm only addressing violent crime where innocent people suffer death or injury at the hands of these monsters. Gangs are a special case in that they literally enslave neighborhoods. Their turf becomes little Dictatorships. The only way to stop that is remove them. What would you do with them?

As far as victimless crime goes, I'm a Libertarian in that regard. Violence however can only be dealt with harshly.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Ive watched a lot of the gangland series now and have come to the conclusion that, going by the series, locking people up isnt solving the problem at all.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
Ah yes, we still have lots of soft hearted/headed folks who refuse to make decisions in this matter of "gangs". They are equating what should be self evident to any thinking person i.e. gangs - vs - ordinary social organizations.

They are not the same thing folks. So don't get carried away there with the falacy of the "slippery slope".

OK, great, you know what a gang is. Now you really still feel that they should execute the kid that sells weed on the corner while a child rapist serves his 6 years in medium?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I'm only addressing violent crime where innocent people suffer death or injury at the hands of these monsters. Gangs are a special case in that they literally enslave neighborhoods. Their turf becomes little Dictatorships. The only way to stop that is remove them. What would you do with them?

As far as victimless crime goes, I'm a Libertarian in that regard. Violence however can only be dealt with harshly.

The I suggest that you do some study and come back. Look at the reas stats of violent crime comitted by gang members verses that of the rest of the population. Most gang crime is victimless crime. Sorry but the truth really gets in the way of this thread.

-no you did not say execute, you said to send them off to either kill each other or just wait to die. Sorry if I fail to see the difference.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by Intothepitwego]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I think part of the problem is people are naive about what it takes to join a gang. By the time they are a member they are incredibly dangerous people, no matter their age. These are not a bunch of boy's getting rowdy due to their hormone levels. Their leaders are people my age and by the time they become leaders they have killed other humans and destroyed lives. Many wear special tattoos that advertise each of their kills.

If it is not stopped there will come a time you will no longer be able to go out your door safely. Many innocent people live in neighborhoods now where they dare not go out after dark or let their children play outside.

Inner cities are becoming war zones and the hands of the police are tied. They can be looking right at a person who they know has killed many people and hurt many more, but can not do anything because there is no way to get evidence.

We had a gang here recently that got an innocent verdict even thought there were many witnesses. They somehow managed to scare the Jury into letting them go and all we can do is shake our heads and wonder if we should get bulletproof vests. These clowns shot into a crowd of people at a sporting event and got away with it. What would you say to their next victims grieving family? Their rights are more important than your right to live?

I'm old enough to know that violent people of that nature can not be rehabilitated. When released they will just go on doing what they were doing. Every time one of them walks out of the jailhouse door it is written in stone they will hurt another victim. This is not TV and it is not the safe little world of some peoples deluded imaginations.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

You are defending Gangs? You have never been around them, have you? Do you know what they have to do just to fly those colors? Why would you want to protect them?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Intothepit, I don't think the kid who sells "weed" is a bad memeber of a violent gang do you?
That "weed" should be completely legal. It is outrageous that it was ever made illegal. I could do quite a rant on this.

I take it that you do not know what a "gang" is in the context of this thread.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I think part of the problem is people are naive about what it takes to join a gang. By the time they are a member they are incredibly dangerous people, no matter their age. These are not a bunch of boy's getting rowdy due to their hormone levels. Their leaders are people my age and by the time they become leaders they have killed other humans and destroyed lives. Many wear special tattoos that advertise each of their kills.

Turn off the History Channel. Maybe go outside, work with some gang members. Get to know these people that you seem to feel so able to speak authoratatively about. Where do you get all this gang knowledge? Which ones have you done outreach work with? What volunteer group do you work with?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intothepitwego
Now you really still feel that they should execute the kid that sells weed on the corner while a child rapist serves his 6 years in medium?

That explains it. Your on a different topic. We are talking about Crips, Bloods and the like where they have to do a drive by just to wear the full costume. Not the same thing at all.

Your guy selling weed on the corner should not even be arrested if that is what you are talking about. We are clearly on two different topics.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Man did you pick the wrong person. I'm an ex-Junkie who was probably mainlining before you were born. You have a very naive view.

I've been clean for well over 20 years and I've donated a year and a half of my life at no pay to help other other addicts. Even addicts won't go near the gangs we are talking about.

I've been shot at three times, how about you? I have a bullet hole in my arm, how about you? I've put the barrel of a 45 directly against a Gang Bangers chest and looked him in the eye, how about you? My Ex-Wives Brother is the head of a Crips Gang, how about your family? He is in prison thank God. He went down for kidnapping a teenage girl and putting her out in the street to work for him. You know, slavery.

Crack, Heroine, Murder and White Slavery are these peoples stock and trade. You don't understand who you are defending.

Sorry, I should not have posted this but its out there now, so I'll let it stay. I'm too emotional about this topic so I'll go away.

[edit on 1/17/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Man did you pick the wrong person. I'm an ex-Junkie who was probably mainlining before you were born. You have a very naive view.

I've been clean for well over 20 years and I've donated a year and a half of my life at no pay to help other other addicts. Even addicts won't go near the gangs we are talking about.

I've been shot at three times, how about you? I have a bullet hole in my arm, how about you? I've put the barrel of a 45 directly against a Gang Bangers chest and looked him in the eye, how about you? My Ex-Wives Brother is the head of a Crips Gang, how about your family? He is in prison thank God. He went down for kidnapping a teenage girl and putting her out in the street to work for him. You know, slavery.

Crack, Heroine, Murder and White Slavery are these peoples stock and trade. You don't understand who you are defending.

Sorry, I should not have posted this but its out there now, so I'll let it stay. I'm too emotional about this topic so I'll go away.

[edit on 1/17/2009 by Blaine91555]

LOL, I am not going to sit here and make a pretty list for an ex junkie. Sorry pal but being a drug addict does not make you an expert on gangs. Having one in the married family does not either. Volunteering to work with drug addicts, does not make you a person who volunteers to work with gangs. You did not even come close to refuting what I said but you sure gave it a cute try.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

That explains it. Your on a different topic. We are talking about Crips, Bloods and the like where they have to do a drive by just to wear the full costume. Not the same thing at all.

Your guy selling weed on the corner should not even be arrested if that is what you are talking about. We are clearly on two different topics.

Really now? It seems to me that I am more on topic than you are. See, the premise is deciding gangs are terrorists and treating them as such. Now you have decided all by yourself just which gangs specifically we mean. Who clarified that and when? Since this is still just a hypothetical premise, you are going to find it hard to answer that. You have decided that just a handful of gangs fit enough criteria for you that all members are terrorists. OK, are they clearing it with you? Do we get to vote?

That is my point, who decides what a gang is, what gangs qualify as "real" gangs according to you, who decides what level of which gangs qualify? Who gets to set these rules and if they step over the line, what is there to reign them in? I would far rather let gangs run the streets they run now than have my government pick and choose which orginizations qualify as enemies of the state at the whim of god knows who. See my point yet?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Are you a Gang member? Just asking based on your defense of them?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The Change Weenie

Ya well... I don't think it would be easy to achieve this... Having grown up in the Rampart division with a different gang on each street I understand the issue. First of all, some gangs protect there neighborhoods from other hoodlums. That being said you will find that
many of the locals would not participate in any of if, not just out of fear out of but out of familiarity. Anyhow good luck.These young gangbangers are mice compared to gangsters of the past, I think the problem with play itself out eventually.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Are you a Gang member? Just asking based on your defense of them?

Is this how you always answer questions to you? So far you have done nothing but deflect and then ask something yourself. I will not play that game. I asked a legitimate question. My affiliation with and what I am affiliated with is completely off point. But thanks for admitting that my question confounds you so much that you must resort to such tactics.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I think the problem here is; people are confusing these gangs of little punk kids running around in a car Mommy bought them playing Rap to the real thing. A hoodie and a giant woofer in the trunk of a kid does not make them them the real thing. They are just kids who's Parents need to be slapped for not raising them with common sense.

The Crips and Bloods (and others even more dangerous) are people my age dealing with millions worth of hard core drugs. They did a drive by just to be let inside. While I was volunteering the neighborhood the facility was in averaged 3 drive by's a week. The dead were kids who just happened to wear the wrong color shirt that day.

What on earth could cause anyone to defend these monsters. It is insane.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I think the problem here is; people are confusing these gangs of little punk kids running around in a car Mommy bought them playing Rap to the real thing. A hoodie and a giant woofer in the trunk of a kid does not make them them the real thing. They are just kids who's Parents need to be slapped for not raising them with common sense.

The Crips and Bloods (and others ......
that you cannot name apparently.

In all of this you have named the same two generic gangs that anyone who has seen boyz n the hood know of. Answer my question who decides?

Are you purposely missing my question here?

Who decides the difference between the kids you describe, the "crips and bloods." and the 1000s of actual gangs in between? Who decides which gangs are real gangs? By the names they remember from tv? Please tell me how it will all be sorted out. Ok, gangs are declared enemies of the state. Now who is in a gang?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

What on earth could cause anyone to defend these monsters. It is insane.

Being an American. This is a great country for many reasons. One of which is that we do not round up groups of people based on association and toss them into torture dens in Eastern Europe. What we do here is catch and convict people who commit crimes. Perhaps you would like another country better. How is the gang trouble in China or Iraq these days?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join