It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Piece of Paranormal Investigative Equipment. What do you think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I put this piece of equipment together for use in our upcoming investigations. What do you think?

It's a Sony DCR-HC30 Camcorder that has the ability to record Analog Input. I added a Cold-Foot to a NiteMax Ultra Digital NightVision device, allowing me to place the NiteMax IR camera on the Sony's Cold Shoe accessory mount.

The reason? The NiteMax's IR range is far greater than the Sony's, and the NiteMax can be used in daylight as well, where as the Sony has to have a special filter for daylight IR using NightShot Plus. Should I want to use either device for IR at night, I can. The NightMax is just better in my opinion, and the IR lights are far brighter than the Sony's. Additionally, I can use a bracket ColdShoe on the botton of the SONY to add even more IR light if I need to. And Finally, the LCD screen on the NiteMax no longer works, so coupling it with the Sony, allows me to see with it again.

Just thought I would share.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Oh looks good! Will be interested to know how you get on with it when you take it out to a investigation,

So keep us updated!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

Im with asala. It looks great.

I hope after your investigation you post your findings here for us to see!

Id love to se some of what you get with that thing, even if you dont get any apparitions. I hope you do though!

Good luck my friend!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

Comrad "Oreyeon" it looks like it works really good. You wouldn't mind expanding more on where you got your parts and more on how you put it together, because I would like to build one of those myself, because they can be used for all kinds of neat things.

Did you think about adding the Sony camera that lets you see through things, that might or might not add an extra dimensional effect of some unknown type. What state are you located in?.. if you don't mind me asking.

Have you had any great experiences that might make us salivate more, I can feel the drool starting already. I've never seen a ghost, but I've been to one place that made the hair stand up the whole time while I was there, and that was during the day time, and it was well lit with all of the large windows.

I like to explore old homes, and I saw a rather large two story old limestone home out in the middle of a field about a quarter mile off of the road. So I drove out to check it out. It looked like it was some sort of mental institution that was private and probably no one knew it had existed for that purpose. The place had simply been abandoned probably about 1929 according to the calendar behind the rocking chair on the wall in the big living room on the first floor.

The windows were barred and had half in square wire covering them. The kitchen was fairly good sized and was filled with all kinds of religious statutes, including the Virgin Mary, there must have been around 100 statutes in that kitchen. Most of the statutes were 2 to 4 feet in height, and the were very interesting, but old.

There was a huge underground cellar that was probably 30 to 40 feet in length that was arched all the way back to the back of it, and it was probably 20 to 25 feet in width. The floor was dirt, and the underground cellar was not under the house, but sticking out from one side, but you could not tell it was there from the outside, even though its ceiling must have been about 10 feet high.

Upstairs on the second floor, it was totally covered with books on helping people that were mentally ill; they were lying everywhere and even stacked up, and this place is big. There were also thousands of old letters scattered all over the place that had been stamped and post marked and sent to that place, but they were "all unopened" and laying everywhere, you couldn't walk upstairs without stepping on the letters which were probably 1 to 3 inches in depth all over the floor, there were thousands of unopened letters and they were dated around 1919 plus or minus a few years from what I saw.

Yes, the place gave me the creeps, the moment I stepped in the front door which was open. The place was full of dust, or at least the dust was thick everywhere, and it had been undisturbed for what must have been decades. Suprisingly the place was clean inside, but very dusty.

Whenever I was downstairs there would be loud banging upstairs, and as soon as I went upstairs the loud banging would start up downstairs but in a different area. I'm pretty sure the reclining chair down stairs was doing the banging while I was upstairs, but when I investigated it, I could not see that it had moved. There was no air movement in the house that could have moved anything. If ever there was a place that I thought had a ghost in it, I'm sure it was that house, even though I never have saw a ghost.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
You have to watch out using more than one IR device at one time. I know it really throws things off if you are near each other and at an angle, " like it will make it look like things are there that are not." Directly on top of each other I have no clue what it will do but the IR lights my cross and show something that may look like something but is really only the IR interfearing with each other. I could never get used to how it throws off your depth preception. I am sure you know all this but others may not. Post some pics of some hunts so we can see how well it works.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
reply to post by Oreyeon

Comrad "Oreyeon" it looks like it works really good. You wouldn't mind expanding more on where you got your parts and more on how you put it together, because I would like to build one of those myself, because they can be used for all kinds of neat things.

It was really easy to build. I just bought these two devices:

Sony DCR-HC30 Camcorder with Analog Input

Carson NiteMax Optical Infrared NightVision Camera

Then I bought this:

Vivitar 283 285 285HV Flash Metal Replacement Foot

The Cold Foot above has five screws in the bottom that hold a metal plate onto a plastic housing. You take those screws out, and the metal plate falls off. You can then break the plastic housing/mount off, it's just glued on. Set the metal plate that fell off aside, as you will need it.
Then I took the four screws out of the NiteMax, and pulled the unit apart. Be careful of connected cables. I disconnected the internal cables to make working inside easier. Just make note of where everything is connected.
Then I took the four screws out of the board in the NiteMax that has the imaging sensor on it. It's the board right behind the lense. Once that's out, then you're ready to work. At this point, just find a place to mount the cold foot. Use the metal plate that fell off to draw your holes for drilling on the bottom of the NiteMax, outside the unit. Draw your holes, and drill them out. Then put the screws in that metal plate, and from the inside, drop it over the holes you just drilled, the screws should go into the holes, holding the plate down on the inside of the NiteMax housing. From there, it's just a matter of lining the Cold Foot up with the screws sticking out of the bottom of the NiteMax, get them lined up, then screw them in. Just make sure you lined up the holes you drilled so you can get a small screwdriver in there to work the screws. Once you have the Cold Foot attched, put it all back together, and you're done.
Or, you could always U2U me, and you can send me all of the stuff, and I can do it for you for free. You would just need to pay for the shipping to get it here and back.

Oh, and to answer your question, I live in Illinois. What about you? Where was this house you went to? It sounds like a prime location.

Oh, and on the Sony Camera that lets you see through things, I have it, but when you're using the setup I have, the actual camera part of the Sony camcorder is not on. The Sony Camcorder acts as a DVR unit for the NiteMax. So all of the video feed is coming from the NiteMax, and being recorded to MiniDV tapes on the Sony Camcorder. I have a separate Sony DCR-HC48 Camcorder with NightShot, and an IR Pass lens on it for capturing as well.

Now you wanted to know about evidence that I've gathered. No video or visual evidence yet, but I do have alot of audio. Here are two pieces that I put up on Youtube. Make sure you turn the volume all the way up, and be sure to read the descriptions:

Gymnasium in Havana Illinois

and

Waverly Hills

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

Comrad "Oreyeon" "Thank You Very Much for all of the information", I'm truly shocked at all of the information that you have given all of us here at ATS that was GREAT!

I'm currently in Kansas, possibly getting ready to move to New Mexico soon. I was coming back from an auction out at Larned, Kansas one day, they have their million dollar auctions twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring; Carr Auction, they are very well known. Coming back from the auction I took a back route home. I was on a black top highway that was running North and South, I'm pretty sure I was between Lyons, Kansas and Larned when I saw that old house. It was about a quarter of a mile to the west of the highway, with the house running East and West in its length. It was in very good condition, the wood was excellent and the windows were not broken. There was no evidence of animals or people or birds or even insects in the house, which seemed very strange, since the door was open. There was so much dust on everything that if something was in there a person would have seen their tracks, just as easily as you could see ours.

My girlfriend and myself went to look at it, and she went in on the main level but became scared and went outside and stayed locked in the car while I investigated the house more. All of the religious statutes scared her, that someone had been hoarding them, and that there were bars on the windows with the half inch mesh covering it. Also, even though everything was very dusty, it was strange that everything on the first floor was like as if someone was living in it. But upstairs was trashed with books and letters. The cellar was perfectly clean without any dust, which seemed strange.

There are many old houses out in that region that are empty or abandoned and many of them are made of limestone. The largest abondoned house I ever saw was a home out near Kinsley Kansas, it was in the sandhills and it was two stories in height, with a full wrap around porch, and had an under the house garage. The people simply drove in under their house, which is still well built with a cement basement that is very tall for a house that had to be built back in the 1800s, there was even a monstrous sized wall safe cemented into the wall under the house that was closed. People back in the 1800s were very wealthy out in that area of the country.

I have one of the new Sony cams with up to 37 hours of usable video in its memory. I think Ill put all of the stuff on that camera and leave it outside and see what all it can take a picture of during the night to see what all is out there. Did you see the video were the guys put their cam on their helicopter and took infared at night, it was very good quality from so far up in the sky, I might even try that later.

Thanks for everything! I even flagged this thread and gave you two blue stars my friend.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Comrad "Oreyeon" two stars for you and a flag for all that information, I will use it well, and I'm sure others will also.

I myself am in Kansas right now and possibly moving to New Mexico here soon. But the old house I mentioned was on the West side of the road on a North and South black topped highway between Larned, Kansas and Lyons Kansas if I remember right. I was taking a back way home from Carr Auction, they were having one of their million dollar auctions which last three days twice a year.

The house was about a quarter mile to the west of the black topped road, and the house was running East and West in a large field with nothing around but newly planted wheat. There are many houses that are abandoned out in that region and most of them are made of limestone.

I'm not sure what to think about all of that EMP stuff, it seems too unbelievable for me, especially when I see people on TV going out to graveyards to get recordings on their tape recorder for a ghost; but I could definitely hear speach from something on your recording. If I died, some old grave yard that is overgrown with weeds and tall grass is the last place I would lurk if I were a ghost, so it doesn't make sense to me for any ghost to lurk in a place like that. On the other hand, an old house where someone used to live might bring back memories if I were a ghost.

There are many big abandoned homes out around Larned and Kinsley, there were a lot of rich people with big families living in that area in the 1800s, now there are big farmers with hundreds of quarters of land all throughout western Kansas. So there are many big abandoned homes spotted all over the area, and most of them are limestone because limestone is all over that area, and limestone lasts forever.

It seems to me that on that particular trip when I saw that house, I took the highway east from Larned, to somewhere around Pawnee Rock or Great Bend, and then I took the highway South to Lyons, Kansas and it was somewhere along that route before getting to Lyons that I saw and went into that large limestone building on the West side of the black top highway.

There were people on TV here just recently, I think it was on Animal Planet and they were looking for big foot with a rig like yours attached to a helicopter at night time, and the video they took from that camera was awesome to say the least, looking down into the forest. They did film something big moving fast in the forest but they couldn't tell what it was, because when they went looking the next day, it had snowed in the mean time, and I'm not sure they ever got to the spot that the camera had filmed the big animal moving fast, but you could see the animal from above plain as day, because it was glowing white in the darkness. Their helicopter must have been at least 500 feet above the forest to take in as much as it did, and it was a small electric helicopter with blades streching maybe 5 feet. I'm sure there are all kinds of uses for something like this. Thanks!

What about other realms co-existing with our realm, have you ever thought about that? The question is.. how to create a wormhole to that other dimension(s). Did you see the video on youtube with the creature that came out behind the pole and grabbed at one of the soccer players, and then the media came and people with geiger counters came and stated that the area around the telephone pole was higher than their instrument could record. Here is one of the videos that I found, I couldn't find the other.

www.youtube.com...

There was also the woman reporter in Mexico that was giving a report at night and then a large lizard about 6 to 8 feet tall showed up, it looked like a young T-Rex, as it moved about in the night, but I can't find that video, but I know its on YouTube somewhere.

new topics

top topics

join