It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL George "Dubya" Bush tribute!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Ok.. I wanted to start a thread that was a respectful, non-critical and impartial look at the "reign of terror" i mean presidency of GWB.
However... we are talking about George W. Bush... so that is not really an option.

Starting with the "2000 election scandal"... his role was never going to be easy, And the whole re-count thing...well, i think we all (well most) know what happened there.

So without further ado... and without dwelling on "what-ifs" and "shoulda-would-coulda's"... we shall begin.

First of all, I'd like to take this opportunity to familiarize those who are unaware, with a certain phrase, that has been and is being banded around at the moment.

I refer of course to....

The "Bushism".

I will refer to WIKI for this, as they sum it up rather well.

The term Bushism is a neologism that refers to a number of peculiar words, phrases, pronunciations, malapropisms, and semantic or linguistic errors that have occurred in the public speaking of United States President George W. Bush and, before that, of his father George H. W. Bush, a former United States president. The term has become part of popular folklore and is the basis of a number of websites and published books. It is often used to caricature the two presidents. Common characteristics include malapropisms, the creation of neologisms, and spoonerisms. This occasional misuse of the English language in formal and public speeches has spawned several books that documenting the statements. The first, Bushisms/President George Herbert Walker Bush in His Own Words, was released in 1992. Bushism books have been released in Germany, France, and Italy. A poem entitled Make the Pie Higher, composed entirely of Bushisms, was compiled by high school English teacher Dirk Schulze under the pseudonym of Richard Thompson, as an example of a found poem for his students.

Source

So, now that we all know what one is.. let's enjoy some "our president" Bush's finest moments.

Some will make you laugh, some will make you cry... and others...well.. you'll see.
Enjoy and feel free to add any other important "historical" data to the thread as we progress.

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" --Florence, South Carolina, Jan. 11, 2000

He actually answers his own question

"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on --shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again." --Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." --Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." --Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." --Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000

"My answer is bring them on." —on Iraqi insurgents attacking U.S. forces, Washington, D.C., July 3, 2003

"Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere!" —President George W. Bush, joking about his administration's failure to find WMDs in Iraq as he narrated a comic slideshow during the Radio & TV Correspondents' Association dinner, Washington, D.C., March 24, 2004

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000

I would love to add many more, but i open the floor to allow others to share and contribute in this thread.
Good on ya George... you have been truly terrifying and yet... truly hilarious.

[edit on 16/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Fool me, can't get fooled again
that's my favorite aside from, "our children's is learning"

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Also, as the "image issue" is still being waived in the FCP, i guess that we can still post images.

Make the pie higher.

Make the Pie Higher I think we all agree, the past is over. This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen And uncertainty And potential mental losses. Rarely is the question asked Is our children learning? Will the highways of the internet Become more few? How many hands have I shaked? They misunderestimate me. I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity. I know that the human being and the fish Can coexist. Families is where our nation finds hope Where our wings take dream. Put food on your family! Knock down the tollbooth! Vulcanize society! Make the pie higher! Make the pie higher!

Source

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
LOL BlupBlup!

This is the tonic we all need. I near p*ssed myself when I opened this thread! Here's a collection of funny pictures I thought I'd add.

Hehehe

IRM

[edit on 16/1/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Awesome man... excellent work.

Some hilarious pictures there...is there no end to the man's genius? (stupidity)

We will surely find out during the course of this exercise..

mobush=

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
How original.
Another flaming Bush thread.
Apparently you got your ideas from MSNBC.
Nothing new. The internet is full of this stuff. How about some creativity for a change.

You better save your energy for the new puppet that is about to be sworn in. Umm Ummm Umm he is only as good as the words that are given to him.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Bush vs Chimp on a Segway

Had to add this one!

IRM

[edit on 16/1/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Originally posted by jibeho
How original.

Another flaming Bush thread

Ok mate, no need for profanities
Flaming hell!

Apparently you got your ideas from MSNBC.
Nothing new. The internet is full of this stuff. How about some creativity for a change.

Apparently you got up on the wrong side of bed...
The internet is full of everything being discussed on ATS... this is called humour or "light-relief"

You better save your energy for the new puppet that is about to be sworn in. Umm Ummm Umm he is only as good as the words that are given to him.

Very true indeed, and when the time arises, be sure to check back for the Obamaniator thread

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Ahh,good 'ole Dubya.

There are that many cock-ups to choose from,its like being a kid in a candy store....

"If this were a dictatorship,it'd be a heck of a lot easier,just so long as I'm the dictator." Washington,D.C.Dec.19,2000.

"So what?" President Bush,responding to a an ABC News correspondent who pointed out that Al Qaeda wasn't a threat in Iraq until after the U.S. invaded,Dec.14,2008.

"I think war is a dangerous place." George W.Bush,Washington,D.C.May 7,2003.

"I don't know where bin Laden is.I have no idea and really don't care.It's not that important.It's not our priority." Washington,D.C.March 13,2002.

"It's amazing I won.I was running against peace,prosperity,and incumbency." George W.Bush,June 14,2001.speaking to Swedish Prime Minister Goran Perrson,unaware that a live television camera was still rolling.

"The only way we can win is to leave (Iraq) before the job is done." George W.Bush,Greeley,Colo.Nov.4,2006.

"I've coined new words,like,misunderstanding and Hispanically." George W.Bush,speaking at the Radio & Television Correspondents dinner,March 29,2001.

"See,in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in,to kind of catapult the propaganda." --George W.Bush,Greece,N.Y.May 24,2005.

But my fave has to be this,

“The thing that's wrong with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur” George W.Bush.2007.

Absolute class!

Some good pictures that sum up his time in office.

www.topplebush.com...
www.topplebush.com...
www.topplebush.com...
www.topplebush.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DantesLost

"I've coined new words,like,misunderstanding and Hispanically." George W.Bush,speaking at the Radio & Television Correspondents dinner,March 29,2001.

But my fave has to be this,

“The thing that's wrong with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur” George W.Bush.2007.

Absolute class!

Absolutely brilliant mate

Cheers for the contribution, and add as freely as you feel the need.
Like you said though... spoiled for choice

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Hey blup,
Took me a bit to get here, but worth the trip!!LOL
I had created a similar thread a while ago, it wasn't near as tech as your's but here it is anyway for the sharing.
It is just the quotes through out his presidency, no vids.
Great thread "S&F"!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
the MSM has a photographer to make sure they get Bush in compromising positions.

I bet there won't be 1 silly picture of Obama. And to add .. does the Obama-Nation not have enough money all ready?

Why do I see Obama Speech CDs/DVDs, Blankets, area rugs, flags, posters, underware, toilet paper, etc ...

Its a bit over the top to say the least.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88
the MSM has a photographer to make sure they get Bush in compromising positions.

I bet there won't be 1 silly picture of Obama. And to add .. does the Obama-Nation not have enough money all ready?

Why do I see Obama Speech CDs/DVDs, Blankets, area rugs, flags, posters, underware, toilet paper, etc ...

Its a bit over the top to say the least.

Excellent point. If I were Bush my final message to the MSM and official greeting to Obama would be to drop a deuce in the Oval Office toilet and not flush it before leaving the keys. That image would be all over world within minutes of its discovery.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Cheers mate, glad you liked it.
Perhaps we can combine some of the threads and combine our efforts in creating the ultimate "bushism" thread.

Thanks for the support

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Andy Dick does a great skit on these magic moments Slayer 69

au.youtube.com...

LOL!!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I give respect to the man and feel sorry for his ultimate reputation. He just didn't take the presidency seriously.

And for those that say terror attacks were at bay here in US, I say the last foreign attack happened in 1993. So it seems we've never had a trend of terror attacks. And for that I am happy, and attribute that to our fundamental love for the whole world, no matter what the last eight years displayed.

AAC

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Yup he is right up there with the nations greats

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

That's pure gold dbates! Dubya missed his true calling as a Bollywood star!

Man can that guy bust a move!

IRM

top topics

<<   2 >>

join