It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"They misunderestimated me."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Did we ever!

Bye bye, Mr. President. Bush's retirement is likely to have the same effect on comedy writers that Steve Jobs' retirement will have on Apple Corp, i.e. catastrophic. Not that they won't recover, but never again will they have it so easy.

As a matter of fact, Bush himself was probably the greatest writer of malapropisms of his era, but his genius was akin to that of an idiot savant. It's probable that he himself didn't see the humour he created, except in retrospect.

The best comic writers couldn't write George Bush's dialogue. It comes from some sublime fountainhead of folly, beyond human understanding.

A case in point is the great Bush impressionist, Frank Calliendo, who is hilarious, but only reaches peaks of hilarity when he captures one of those completely unexpected Bushian turns of phrase, not when he is simply aping Bush's "style."

The Toronto Star ran an opinion piece celebrating the rhetoric of George Bush on Wednesday. Here's a link for anybody interested a little intellectual humor.

www.thestar.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Bush's father was criticized as having "lack of vision" and if you notice, Bush is all about the "vision" no matter how warped/distorted perception he chooses..

I dont believe it matters..... all past, newly present and future presidents are controlled by people you and I have never heard of and is the way it will continue.

illusion of fairness, perception is reality.

join