It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Approval Ratings Obama 71% Bush 34%

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'm not skeptical of him.

I think he has potential.

He just has to earn my respect first. So far he's doing fine. But it's only been a few days.

I want him to succeed. But, he has to show me that his campaign promises weren't all just talk.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I'm not skeptical of him.

I think he has potential.

He just has to earn my respect first. So far he's doing fine. But it's only been a few days.

I want him to succeed. But, he has to show me that his campaign promises weren't all just talk

Seems like he has surrounded himself with the same corrupt advisors and politicans from the clinton administration.Not the change in washington people envisioned..and his campaign promises? like.....

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I'm going to give Obama the benefit of the doubt for all of those picks. I think he probably just looked at those picks and thought that on paper they were good and didn't know about their history. But, I'm talking about his other campaign promises... he needs to show me that he can stay true to the principles of the Democratic party... or he needs to never run on the mantra of change again, or, hope for that matter.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
he hasnt even been in office for a month yet! he still has 3 years and 11 months to go, plenty of time to screw things up.

If you read the first page of the thread, you'll see that I started it to make exactly that point. This thread was started before he even took office. When Obama does something people don' t like and they complain about it, the Obama supporters run in with "He's not even in office yet"! So, I started a positive thread about him to see how many detractors would rush in screaming, "He's not even in office yet"!

And I was not disappointed. Thanks for adding to that throng and making my point.

He hasnt done anything to impress me yet because he hasnt had time to.

You may be surprised to hear that I agree with you 100%.

Thats why I dont understand how people can be so in love.

I think you're misinterpreting something if you're talking about me. I am not in love with Obama. I voted for him and I'm willing to give him a chance. That's all. I have said MANY times that I won't judge his job as a president until a couple years down the road.

So, if you think I personally (and I do think you've gotten very personal in your comments) love Obama or am in a "lovefest" or listening to sweet nothings from him, you're terribly mistaken.

Until then, approval ratings for him right now mean squat.

Again, I agree 100%.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
As I recall, the Ford Pinto and Yugo got good ratings when they first came out too.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Lord Obama has the highest approval rating for an incoming President since........Jimmy Carter! We all know how that turned out. I think Lord Obama is going to give Jimmy a run for the title of worst President ever.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

most people are approving of his handling of things so far.

I would wager a bet, most people are not even paying attention to how he is handling things.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Rasmussen brings the bad news for the Democrats. The Approval Index is calculated by taking the number of folks who strongly approve and subtract those who strongly disapprove.

Obama's Approval Index stands at 14%, dropping three points since yesterday, which, coincidentally was the day the Senate reached a tentative agreement to pass the massive pork bill. It is a five point drop since Thursday.

The 14% rating is less than half of the high water mark of 30% Obama had on January 22, two days after he was inaugurated.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Not that polls mean much ... but here's an UPDATE Rasmussen

Obama approval 58%. Obama disapproval 41%

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Overall, 58% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President’s performance so far while 41% disapprove

www.rasmussenreports.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The latest poll I saw shows Bush is at 45 percent not and he is out of office and Obama is at 51 percent. Crazy how that happens.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I like Obama and he actually is a big change to the White house, but his policies are the ones that I am starting to look at with disappointment.

As he is allowing the politics in Washington dictate the way he is running his government.

But he is a heck of a speaker and that is what people tend to listen and make judgments with.

While forgetting that policies affect their lives and their children life more than any speech.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Have you ever heard: "it is not what you say, it is how you say it"

Unfortunately, people fall for this all the time.

i.e. Hiring someone who is less qualified but talks a good talk, etc.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Rasmussen Daily Tracking

Update ....

Obama approval - 56%
Obama disapproval - 43%

Perhaps people are WAKING UP to the fact that this guy is giving away our country and he's a Bildeberger tool.

The approval rating is still too high.
People need to read what he's doing.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
His Majesty has falling numbers. Rasmussen Reports

The TV news is also reporting that in Ohio his overall approval is at 49%.

Buyers remorse may be kicking in and the koolaide buzz may be wearing off.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I too like Obama, but is more and more apparent that our elected leaders are but pawns in a much larger agenda and completely controlled by the "Corporate Oligarchy".....

Hating and attacking Obama, I now see is as pointless and stupid as when I was attacking President Bush.

I admit, I had hoped for a change that was promised.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

but is more and more apparent that our elected leaders are but pawns in a much larger agenda and completely controlled by the "Corporate Oligarchy".....

Bingo Whaa. It took me awhile to come to this conclusion as well....the last month or so it's really become apparent to me. From the corporate owned media, to lobbyist, to CEO's in high standing government positions, the lack of any foreseeable end to the war supporting the military industrial complex....to the high standers on wall street banking on the failure of our economy and the loss of American jobs.

From the debt Reagan put into full force, to the fiat currency we went to in 1971, to Nafta that Clinton signed, the lack of enforcement of anti-trust laws, the ballooning of our debt to fight a war that will never end...the lack of protection of our borders.

Who benefits from this? Corporations.

We can't even reign them in anymore their have such a stranglehold on our entire economy and foreign policy. this is why the American people never get what they want.

Obama is the fall guy or patsy...and I believe he was picked to be President for a reason.

What reason?

He spoke of peace and talking with other countries...which he has done....while ESCALATING the war in Afghanistan.....i think he was chosen to quell the anger at the USA so we could continue our war. The color of his skin also has a big part to do with this as it as no longer viewed as an angry white man war mongering...which is why his father being Islamic is important.

He's not stopping the war folks...he's not stopping the debt....he's giving more power to the Federal Reserve...there is no transparency.

It's all broken promises....may be he was sincere with what he said in the campaign..I don't know...but he's not coming through.

I just hope the Dems are seeing it. He was bought and paid for by the banks......

Goldman Sach's people....read about them.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
ZOGBY - Obama approval at 48%

People are waking up from the hope-ium haze.
Wonder if there will be a country left after 4 years of this moron.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Story Here

Rasmussen - Obama approval at 47%.

I smell a false flag coming up in order to boost sagging approval ratings before the re-election campaign kicks into high gear. Betchya.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join