It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web warriors expanding Gaza battlefield

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Web warriors expanding Gaza battlefield

www.miamiherald.com

People around the world are using blogs, YouTube and social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter to weigh in on the conflict in Gaza.

Israeli officials say that it's part of an effort to win the wartime battle of ''hasbara,'' or public relations, which many think that Israel lost during the 2006 conflict with the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Yet another interesting story of the growing impact of the Internet where politics are concerned.

I must admit there are days in the past few months between the Presidential Elections and now Operation Cast Lead being waged by the Israelis that I feel like a cyber warrior.

Knowing that most of what I post on the Internet can be viewed by people virtually anywhere in the world does add a real degree of gravity and in some ways responsibility when it comes to the impact each one of us can have when it comes to sharing opinions and knowledge publicly.

Out of curiosity how many of you feel like you are engaged in a form of active warfare when it comes to posting in relation to the current Israeli/Palestinian conflict?

What makes posting an important thing for you do?

Do you consider yourself to be squarely on one side of the issue, and side with just one of the belligerents or sitting closer to the middle looking for people on both sides of the issue to share knowledge and facts to help you better learn and decide?

www.miamiherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It's difficult, at least in my case because I have a very empathetic heart. While I hate both sides of the current conflict, I don't hate the Jews or Palestinians, only the Zionist Regime and Hamas Military Tactics.

I've come to find that expressing my points of view; whether or not they are agreed, helps, at least it helps me be able to do something. It allows me the ability to not feel helpless, that at least I am putting up an effort, that perhaps somehow I might get across to someone.

Once the conflicts hit our shores and cities I will be up in arms and ready to fight along with my other brothers and sisters. Until that time though, I'll be fighting the good fight over the wires.

new topics

join