It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Discover "Universe is Giant 3D Hologram"

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
So, let me ask a hypothetical question of the super and not so super brains here on ATS. You must open your mind on this one and forget preformed beliefs to answer correctly.

What do you think we are if an intelligent being who is worshiped as God by billions can and does, from time to time break the known laws of this universe.

Who is able to change the properties of ALL matter within an instant, create a new state of that matter within an instant by rearranging the physical elements, to slow or even stop/reverse the passage of time, including to stop or reverse the path of the planets.

So, if hypothetically speaking this were true, what would that make us and this environment we live in, and explain why?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeeGee

Originally posted by Vehemens
This is getting better and better. For every other scientists there is a theory of what the Universe is really like.
Now we are holograms...loool
And that, folks, it's what happens when you try to make the universe fit the math.

Nikola Tesla was right, these new breed of scientists who create theories from math don't know anything about science.

For the last time:

This theory is not new and it is based off of experimental evidence, not mathematics.

It's been around for a long time and evidence is piling up for it. You are not a projection of light. You are taking it literally. It simply means the universe displays characteristics very similar to that of a hologram.

Ok then, I thought it was this Holographic theory that for me is beyond absurd:

Anyway, I truly believe the Universe is a mix of some theories like "electric Universe", "fractal universe" and "vortex based math". I think in the middle is the real key to the universe.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Vehemens

That video has nothing to do with the theory described in the OP.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Vehemens

Ahh, finally, a post of discernment. Yes, The Middle Path is the Light of knowledge, as described by the Buddha.

I'm not into dogma, period: however, the term has been misapprehended by the mind: the Middle Path is the revealer of the Double-Vortex and Void Portal. See my "Secret of Light" post, this thread, for Walter Russell's description. He met with Nikola Tesla who told him he should hide his work from the eyes of mankind.

Tesla and Russell

Walter Russell was one of the most accomplished artists, sculptors, writers and scientists of this century. His periodic chart of the elements accurately predicted the location and characteristics of four elements years before they were discovered in laboratories. These are now known as Deuterium, Tritium, Neptunium, and Plutonium. Russell apparently entered into a heightened state of awareness after being struck by lightning. He began several weeks of drawing and writing about the basic nature and make up of the physical universe. Russells' family finally called the family doctor to determine if Russell should be committed to an mental institution. The doctor, upon seeing the results of Russells weeks of work, said that he did not know what Russell was doing, but that he definitely was not mad.

Although the exact time and occasion of their meeting has not yet been determined, Nikola Tesla and Walter Russell did meet and discuss their respective cosmologies. 14 Tesla recognized the wisdom and power of Russells' teaching and urged Russell to lock up his knowledge in a safe for 1,000 years until man was ready for it.

www.teslasociety.com...

[edit on 23-1-2009 by SS,Naga]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Can you people read? From that article on newscientist:

"No one - including Hogan - is yet claiming that GEO600 has found evidence that we live in a holographic universe."

Speculation is fun, though, but there really is no evidence for that theory.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

Do you know what this is ??? or where it has come from ?????
Or of what system it comes from ????

Just because some can not find evidence does not mean something does not exist...

Does humankind know All ????

I don't think so do you ????

The Drawing above is well known by some and the system it is from, is used regularly.

Humankind is at the lowest end of the scale, as far as the rest of the Universal community is concerned, regarding the program we are experiencing which we refer to as our Universe...

Hell, most of humankind is Unconscious of "Consciousness", Few know where there conscious state has come from, or even where it is in The All, with regards to its graphical location, let alone The All....

Who are Humankind, to lay in Concrete the Rules Regarding The All ????

[edit on 25-1-2009 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The real question here is how the world's religions view and react on this information. Will they see it as God's work or will others feel that there is no reason to continue this fake existence. Imagine the impact if this hits main stream.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller
Hell, most of humankind is Unconscious of "Consciousness", Few know where there conscious state has come from, or even where it is in The All, with regards to its graphical location, let alone The All....

Who are Humankind, to lay in Concrete the Rules Regarding The All ????

I think our universe and each subsequent parallel reality exist to provide valuable information to the god-mind. I think God is in the same predicament we find ourselves in -- the pursuit of true self awareness. This driving force could be running all these universes as one mammoth distributed computing project, where each life lived, each cycle played out entirely, each universe's expanse and collapse all provide information back to the god-mind in order to build God's own concept of self.

We think we are self aware, yet we are confused by our own essence. A brain that can study itself boggles the mind, literally - it's like an inescapable feedback loop we exist in. We have no idea where we come from. We have no idea where we're going. We have no idea what our purpose is here, and yet we say we are conscious beings. We are in fact only conscious of the fact that we still have no idea who we really are. We spend our lives trying to figure this out. And how do we try and learn this? Through experience. And that could very well be what the god-mind is doing, gaining information through our experiences -- and if we're all part of the universal mind (which we most certainly are) then we contribute directly to this pursuit with our every thought and breath.

Hologram, simulation, program...whatever the case may be, it all seems to be based on the necessity for the collection of knowledge and information, which in turn leads to the true self awareness that we're all a part of.

Below is a video I put together the other day for another thread I'm working on regarding consciousness and the nature of the multiverse - I thought I'd post it here as well.

It begins with a colossal zoom-out from Earth, beyond the boundary of the universe and into hyperspace, eventually leading to the multiversal realm. Then you enter a parallel universe and zoom in all the way down to the subatomic level.

Portions of the movies Contact and Stargate were used, as well as bits of science documentaries and fractal animations.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rawsom
Can you people read? From that article on newscientist:

"No one - including Hogan - is yet claiming that GEO600 has found evidence that we live in a holographic universe."

Speculation is fun, though, but there really is no evidence for that theory.

I think what you mean is that there is no proof. There is some substantial evidence of the possibility of a 'holographic universe' but nothing yet that essentially proves beyond a doubt that the theory is true. I think the topic is fascinating and I just ordered a few books on the subject. Whether or not I can comprehend it remains to be seen but the jist of the theory makes sense to me.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This is one subject where you definitely have to try and think outside the box, unfortunately most of the time you hit a brick wall or there's just nothing there.
What I hate is when people knock a theory, like they have all the answers, but don't enlighten us as to what they know.

www.spaceandmotion.com...

Interesting theory Evasius, It's probably the most plausible theory.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by kindred]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I do not know if anybody else already mentioned this, but it is the holographic plate that is all in one. The hologram it self is dead. So for the Universe to be one (every part is the whole Universe), it needs to be the plate and not the projection. Or better yet it needs to behave as the plate.

I wonder if we figure the one-ness out, what are we going to do with it?
And furthermore, the one-ness and now-ness how does it effect us?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This theory is BUNK

there is no source of the projection

dont be counfused with symmerty and what this no brained is telling you

THE universe is not a hologram NORE is it a holographical projection

end of debate..

and if you think im full of # Look up the word symmerty

thats what the only connection with hologram and this dumb ass theory has in common the rest is his brain up his own #

and just to add... if its a prejection wtf is it projecting? "DEBUNKED" FULLY

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, simply because no one knows what this universe is or isn't. I personally think it's a step in the right direction. When talking about theories such as the holographic universe, you have to think outside the box. Can anyone even imagine the internal workings of a super quantum computer running a reality simulation, never mind it's power source. It's like a goldfish trying to make sense of the world outside it's bowl. Very dfficult, if nigh impossible. It probably just doesn't have the intelligence to comprehend & understand and we humans are probably in the same boat in regards to our own the bowl.

SYMMETRY & HOLOGRAMS - every part of a hologram contains all the information possessed by the whole.

www.crystalinks.com...
www.mi.sanu.ac.yu...

[edit on 11-2-2009 by kindred]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

SYMMETRY & HOLOGRAMS - every part of a hologram contains all the information possessed by the whole

eerrrr??? Helloo

answer my question... what is the WHOLE you speak off?? is it the source of the projection???

please tell me more beocuse i wish to understand this also

symmerty + hollgrams? Im sorry but you are confused

Symmerty is a mirror affect

A hologram is a 3d projected image of a recording...

or dont you understand that aspect of it?

so what you are saying is we are some recored 3d projected light wave th

is that what you are telling me?

and just incase.. you forget we only know what a hologram is becouse we are alive.. its a creation from humans...

try to eqaute that into your "holographic" theory

no source = BUNK

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by theresult

I can't agree with your statements, as it appears you are trying to understanding a very long story by jumping into the book on the last page making out you know the whole story...

Usually if we desire to read a book, we start at the beginning.

There is both an "Inner" and "Outer" to your Consciousness, whether you believe it or Not, or like the feeling or Not...
Or whether you are Informed/Uninformed or Aware/Unaware of this...

Having discovered the "Inner", then you may wish to Know the "Outer"...

As All is created of the Opposites, there is an "Inner" and "Outer" to all whether Conceptual or Not or Otherwise...

As the "Inner" Knows "Nothing" at all (although the "Inner" should No "Nothing" which is Something, or at least Understand) while the "Outer" knows All.

When you discover the the Outer of Your Consciousness then you will come to know yourself as well as the flesh you experience...

You will find that the Universe is very much a Holographic Image that also contains Symmetry in the resultant Experience....

There is a Source of your experience that is found in your Conscious state, that is in Fact Non dimensional.....

But to discover the entirety of your self, this requires you to read the whole book of yourself, or understanding is incomplete and incorrect.

As All is created from the Opposites, experiencing the Universe is only a very, very small part, as when we so called die, we discover another part of the jigsaw...

This I can be guarantee but at the end of that experience, I am not informed...

But I can say a little about what we enter (Consciously) after this experience of the Universe comes to completion individually...

One thing I have learnt about the experience of this Universe, is that First impressions are always wrong and it takes many, many, years to make even the smallest advance in understanding of our selves and what it is really all about.

Science is one thing (I am Not against Science), belief is another thing, and Reality is yet another...

But what is the Truth, what is so called Reality ???

Having been through a Death experience in 1973 (Legally Pronounced Brain Dead for more than 30 minutes) I was forced to re-look at what I really am, and what the Universe experience really is, but I have more questions now than 30 years ago or less !

A couple have been answered for me, but 100 Zillion still remain...

But over the years, I have seen the results of science, change dramatically.

Again I have to remind you, I am Not against Science....

For example I remember jet boat being invented, and Scientists said it could Not possibly work, as it is impossible to lift water out of a river at those speeds in the way the design was based on, and that it was simply Mathematically impossible...

At first, the Patent application was refused on these grounds...

But there are now Thousands of Jet boats, used all over the earth today....

Regarding the Automotive Industry, in the Late 1800's Science said you could Not travel, at 40 miles / hour, as it would be impossible to breath! Hell that is only 120 years ago....

And once Medical Science, thought or believed if you bleed a person it may cure a disease..

Hell thy still believe in Lobotomies ???

In some cases an instrument which was essentially an ice-pick and sometimes an actual kitchen ice-pick was used with a carpenter's hammer was simply passed through the eye-socket and struck with a hammer when in the right position.

Scientific ??? You really believe ???

I don't think we have really advanced much at all do you....

We are like Cave men, that have still to look outside our cave....

I think humanity have to wake up and realise how Primitive we really are!

Have we all, forgotten Chernobyl ??? And many other scientific catastrophes ???

If we really understood, We including myself, would Not have to experiment but would be able to know without having to test anything ???

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

Im sorry but no matter how many facy words you wish to bable me with in a constrcut that you may find witty..

There is no holographic projection from US.. "is what you said" to that of the universe..

its imporbable for a start.. becouse you was not here befor the universe.. so with that alone you crush your own agrugment

or are you going to tell me the universe appeard when humans came about??

No you cant the only # reason this nubtard has chosen "holographic" is becouse of the same reason you tout that avatar ...

SYMMERTY dont you udnerstand that word?

.... pointless.. dont try and marvel me with words, it aint gunna happen

The universe is not a hologrpahic projection of YOU full stop

it may be a selfreplication of "something" but get your head out ur # becouse its got # all to do with humans..

egostiscal humans are the reason we have religion and right wing nut jobs telling people about some stupid astral plane we all go and live forever

GET A GRIP this is the real world not some playground for kids who dont know math 101

do you wish to debunk this "inner or outer" when i just told you relaity?

i await ur repsonce..

holographic universe is BUNK end of story

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Just a quick lesson..

Symmetry generally conveys two primary meanings. The first is an imprecise sense of harmonious or aesthetically-pleasing proportionality and balance[citation needed]; such that it reflects beauty or perfection. The second meaning is a precise and well-defined concept of balance or "patterned self-similarity" that can be demonstrated or proved according to the rules of a formal system: by geometry, through physics or otherwise.

Holography (from the Greek, ὅλος-hólos whole + γραφή-grafē writing, drawing) is a technique that allows the light scattered from an object to be recorded and later reconstructed so that it appears as if the object is in the same position relative to the recording medium as it was when recorded. The image changes as the position and orientation of the viewing system changes in exactly the same way as if the object was still present, thus making the recorded image (hologram) appear three dimensional.

The technique of holography can also be used to optically store, retrieve, and process information. While holography is commonly used to display static 3-D pictures, it is not yet possible to generate arbitrary scenes by a holographic volumetric display.

Now what was the point??? are you telling me LIFE as YOU know it is a holographic projection of..

INFINITY?

Infinity (symbolically represented with ∞) comes from the Latin infinitas or "unboundedness." It refers to several distinct concepts – usually linked to the idea of "without end" – which arise in philosophy, mathematics, and theology.[1]

In mathematics, "infinity" is often used in contexts where it is treated as if it were a number (i.e., it counts or measures things: "an infinite number of terms") but it is a different type of "number" from the real numbers. Infinity is related to limits, aleph numbers, classes in set theory, Dedekind-infinite sets, large cardinals,[2] Russell's paradox, non-standard arithmetic, hyperreal numbers, projective geometry, extended real numbers and the absolute Infinite.

do you see your flaw???

The reason its not proven is that alone INFINITY how can one PROJECT something that has no start NORE end?

Unless ONE is ALIVE to see it

hence SYMMERTY

Its clear as day... we do not live in a holographic projection...

simple facts..

care to debunk?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by theresult

Its clear as day... we do not live in a holographic projection ???

Who mentioned anything about being IN a holographic projection...

It is only your assumption or interpretation as I am certainly Not in a Holograph...

First I suggest you read and understand, without going off the rails...

But I guess your beliefs allow you to feel secure in your little part of the world and I suppose I can understand, but please don't try and make out that you are an authority on All, it doesn't go down well with most.
Dogma only displays insecurity and goes nowhere...

Personally I love reading other peoples Ideas, especially those who have something worth while to discuss...

I am all ears and Eyes, and find many articles Interesting on ATS so cool it man, don't be so anti and enjoy, don't try and ram your negativity down peoples throats relax and enjoy the life you have...
And be thankful for what you experience in this world for the short time you are here...

Many people think completely different from you, so enjoy life and accept others, as there is only One and all are a part of that One.

There are many highly intelligent people that are researching this area with government funding and support, they may just be informed of some little knowledge you lack ???

Who knows, you my know more than them, but somehow I doubt it....

[edit on 13-2-2009 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Scientists Discover "Universe is Giant 3D Hologram"

that is the thread topic...

hologram.. see the lesson above..

even another poster said it "the guy" who came up with this retarded theory accepts its not totaly true "it has aspects" of a hologram but its infact NOT one..

I dont mean to ram anything down your neck other than facts..

hologram is a holograpich prejection of "something" and in order for tha to be the case one would need to be inside this hologram correct???

and you even admit you are not a hologram so you debunked it yourself whilst trying to somehow cling onto the idea of it being real becouse of that avatar you have

very nice patten but its only symmerty.. nothing more nothing less. and im all for new ideas "if one can back it up" without leading to conjecture about something that has no basis for its "theory" in the firstplace other than the fact its symmetircal..

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join