It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Discover "Universe is Giant 3D Hologram"

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

False to you possibly. Not to me.

No... you misunderstand. A false dichotomy is a faulty train of logic that states basically that "If B is false, the by default A must be correct." This isn't a proper line of logic. What about C? What about D? What about a completely out of left field idea like X?

The idea that there is a "My Truth" and "Your Truth" is completely fallacious as well. What about a subject truth that isn't reliant on personal testimony or experience? You know, because what we perceive and reason is highly subjective. Everything we see or experience is merely a mental construct built from sensory input. There's always the possibility that your brain is fooling you. Optical Illusions are a great, if but only one of many, ways in which this is demonstrated precisely because they prey on well known tricks of perception.

For instance:

Which way is the silhouette rotating? Left? Right? The truth is, it's not rotating at all.

Religion is highly auto-deceptive in this regard as well, but on a much more advanced level and with far more complicated mental processes involved. People have a tendency to mentally manifest phenomena, even in some cases real physical effects, based on claims taken at face value from someone they see as an authority source. This is why you have the placebo effect of diseases being cured by mere sugar pills - and is a required as part of a blind test in medical trial to determine the veracity of a drug's effect.

Perhaps I'm not articulating my position to the fullest, so I offer this video as consideration, which rather nicely sums up my own thoughts.

However, I as a final note: Just because someone projects their religious belief upon a scientific discovery does not constitute evidence of their deity. Again, I would love for anyone to point out anywhere in the OP article where it mentions anything about god or the supernatural. I would also love for anyone to find indication in the article about it being anything more than mere speculation based on an errancy which in all likelihood is merely background noise.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Lasheic]

(img tags)

[edit on Mon Feb 2 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lasheic
...However, I as a final note: Just because someone projects their religious belief upon a scientific discovery does not constitute evidence of their deity. Again, I would love for anyone to point out anywhere in the OP article where it mentions anything about god or the supernatural. I would also love for anyone to find indication in the article about it being anything more than mere speculation based on an errancy which in all likelihood is merely background noise.

I agree -- and even if we stipulate for a moment that this theory may have some validity, nowhere in the OP's article do the researchers say that they think "someone" is running this "Holographic Projector".

Like I said a few posts ago, the projection of the lower-dimensional Real Universe into a higher-dimensional "Perceived Universe" does not need to be controled by anything or any deity -- it could simply be the way nature works.

I'm not saying that there is no God (nor am I saying there is) -- I'm simply saying that this holographic projection theory says nothing about there being a need to have a god "run the projector".

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This thread should realistically only be 4 or 5 pages long, if you were to remove the total amount of self absorbed "I know better than you" and "I am light, awaken or be doomed!" gibberish (which means nothing to anyone but those espousing it and has NOTHING to do with the OP) this thread may have been interesting... Having to wade thru all that just made it irritating.

Sheesh... the sun has an eye? WTF? We are god? Gazelles and lions??

Takes a really special topic to bring out the 'enlightened' ones, eh...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

its funny that only when the scientists say something is true, then it actually gets accepted by the mainstream, spiritualists have known for decades the universe is/was 3D, but because scientists didn't accept that theory, it wasn't to be believed by the collective consciousness. Why are things only acceptable if scientists say that it is so?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

God is not a guy

its the Methord...

Hologram theroy IS correct in only ONE way...

selft replicates.. its source and we are the source

we cant seeeeee the line..

Turn on your TV set and untune it untill you see fuzz.... compleat chaos

that is what god is... "unfathermerble" to us

then turn over.. what do you see? An ordered outcome

a picture..

= Hologram theroy

sorry to put it in a stupid crazy way but its true

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

Yeah that is good. God's visa card. But my father always told me that life is just an illusion. But maybe we could be on God's Black card instead of a mere visa if we took the time to understand and accept that life is an illusion and we have the power to manipulate it.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
whats funny is that everything in the known universe is made of atoms and 70% of atoms is blank space, so how is everything so real?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Forgive my ignorance....but...If we are to say the universe is a hologram, then how do we know? if all we are living in beams of light then how can we detect it (I read the analogy somewhere on this thread) if we are the record, can the record play itself? somewhere there has to be a source, as holograms have to have a source of somekind, and if we are a hologram then what is the source......whats controlling the halogram??
or is this some bad movie....And Sleeeeeeep!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Takes an awful lot of Faith to believe the theory that the Universe is a 3D Hologram...How is this topic not religious?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scottus
Takes an awful lot of Faith to believe the theory that the Universe is a 3D Hologram...How is this topic not religious?

[sigh]...because nobody -- not even the scientists in the OP's article -- are saying that the universe is an actual holographic projection.

All they are saying is that some aspects of the universe ACT LIKE a holographic projection, in that the actual universe may be one dimension removed from the universe we can see -- that only 2 dimensions of information is required to describe the 3-dimensional universe we experience. The hologram is merely an analogy used to explain it in laymen's terms.

These scientists are just describing the way they think the physical universe may work -- there is no "Faith" (with a big "F") required to understand -- or even believe in -- this theory.

This has nothing SPECIFICALLY to do with religion, that is unless you belive God truly does control the universe, then one can say that God set up the physical laws these scientists are trying to describe -- but then again you can say that about every attempt to describe the universe.

However, there is nothing specifically inherent in this particular theory that "Requires" a super-deity.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SS,Naga

For a moment you have to get out of the shel to get it!
First the realtive theory have fundamental problems with the time issue. Time in universe do not exist.
Second, no longer any body talk for fundamental equation of mater - equal to ration between the energy of the field to the energy of the object - no time, no speed of light and i.e BS. Any one who respect him self will figure out that the theory of hologram is equal as nonsence as the theory of the big Bang. The universe is transition of energy - from positive to negative and again to positive.... As located in the positive part, we can not see any from the other part. This will requres change of charge. To happens, we need to be extinguished. The fear of that prevent us the look in the other side. Just think for a moment - for hologram you need energy field, objets to present and point of view. So - Lets this "scientist" provide data of that - to present hologram for the Earth, the view poit shall be exactly at the oposite location. Guys, take your brain, not the propaganda
DA

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
There is no separating the two: Matter is force held in bondage. Force is matter released.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

well you are wrong and right...

A Holographical projection :

has 2 things.. IT projects from SOMETING

it also NEEDS to be viewd

its a stupid loop

Nassim whatever his name is says the same thing with fracals

and string theory and m theory

Want me to point out the connection with them all?

IT LOOPS

round and round we go ....

and you wonder why we are in the #fest we see today

the mind boggles at such stupid stuff., infact i feel sick.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scottus

Actually it takes a lot of math to believe it. IF you cant follow the math , well thats another matter, I cant either. But thats the great thing about science, there are always opposing scientist who do understand the math and are willing to go through it and would be happy to poke holes in it. And if they cant poke any holes in it....well they keep trying for years and years.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This is getting better and better. For every other scientists there is a theory of what the Universe is really like.
Now we are holograms...loool
And that, folks, it's what happens when you try to make the universe fit the math.

Nikola Tesla was right, these new breed of scientists who create theories from math don't know anything about science.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
wow yet even more unbelievable inconceivable BS!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

These scientists are just describing the way they think the physical universe may work -- there is no "Faith" (with a big "F") required to understand -- or even believe in -- this theory.

I think they were using lay mens terms to communicate.... However I just want to ask you this, how does it not take faith (or Faith) to believe such a theory? Do you/they know it to be true?

Merriam Websters- 1 a: allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty b (1): fidelity to one's promises (2): sincerity of intentions
2 a (1): belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2): belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion b (1): firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2): complete trust

This has nothing SPECIFICALLY to do with religion, that is unless you belive God truly does control the universe, then one can say that God set up the physical laws these scientists are trying to describe -- but then again you can say that about every attempt to describe the universe.

if that was the true then it wouldnt be a theory it would be a fact right?

[Quote]
However, there is nothing specifically inherent in this particular theory that "Requires" a super-deity.

Well it conflicts with the Torah and The New Testament for starters.

There are many theories but when you start describing how the Universe works "Religion" comes into it....Thats just a fact as it steps on/in/around the Biblical depiction of the Universe and there weren't any holographic equipment involved, I understand it is not exactly a holograph but its a attempt to explain (may I add away) something that is believed with much Faith(huge F inferred;-)) by many..... Its a pretty fundamental thing ..I like to hear the theories I think its people looking for answers and its wonderful the extent in which they will go to find them...the mathematical equations are astounding... such creativity, talent, discipline, passion I think its fantastic...

[edit on 1/20/2009 by Scottus]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vehemens
This is getting better and better. For every other scientists there is a theory of what the Universe is really like.
Now we are holograms...loool
And that, folks, it's what happens when you try to make the universe fit the math.

Nikola Tesla was right, these new breed of scientists who create theories from math don't know anything about science.

For the last time:

This theory is not new and it is based off of experimental evidence, not mathematics.

It's been around for a long time and evidence is piling up for it. You are not a projection of light. You are taking it literally. It simply means the universe displays characteristics very similar to that of a hologram.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

How do you know that the "dancing lady" isn't rotating?
I see her going both ways and she's years old now, and
I've never come across the fact that it is not spinning

But this subject sounds rather interesting.. I read it
when it was first posted but I haven't keept up with the last
15 pages.. So I might have missed something

[edit on 21-1-2009 by makkerskilap]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Vehemens

Check out Karl Pribram's Holonomic Brain theory and David Bohm's Holographic theory (implicate order). This is not new and as a member has mentioned above, the evidence is piling up.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join