It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15th of January, 7:00PM, NASA TV: Microbial life on MARS!

page: 1

join
share:
sty

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

15th January, 7:00PM, NASA TV: Microbial life on MARS!

www.thesun.co.uk

ALIEN microbes living just below the Martian soil are responsible for a haze of methane around the Red Planet, Nasa scientists believe.

Experts speculate that the methane is being emitted as a waste product by organisms called methanogens living in water beneath underground ice.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-1-2009 by sty]

sty

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Well, first it is from the British newspaper called "THE SUN" So take it with a dose of reserve. But, today at 7 PM the nasa TV channel (www.nasa.gov...) is going to talk about it. As I understood so far, it is about detecting gas that should not be there if Mars was life-less.
Is this a gradual disclosure? we have to see. I believe that NASA knows a lot of stuff about MARS, however they only publish it now as they founding could face reduction because of the financial crisis..

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Very interesting.

Nice find

sty

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Expert ... Colin Pillinger (i have no ideea who is this dude)

"We’ve really only scratched the surface — it’s an absolute certainty that there is life out there and we are not alone.

“If there is life on Mars then the logical conclusion is that there must be life elsewhere too.

“If it’s happened here on Earth, then why shouldn’t it happen anywhere? The implication is this is a universal law. "

yes, i am dead curious for tomorrow - to see if this is for real !

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
THE SUN!! YOUR quoting the Sun?!?!?!
This can't be real.... I need nasa to confrim in.. Then I need our magical president to announce it.... THEN I need Pope Ratzinger to bless it...

NO WAY>>>>

Admiting to life outside this rock.... In my lifetime... No way!

DArn sure not by Sun magizine... I could be wrong though...

Heres to hoping

[edit on 15-1-2009 by titorite]

sty

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

naturally I would not thrust "The Sun" but they provide a time : 7 PM, Nasa TV . So we will know if they lie in less than 24 hours, is it ?

sty

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
ow, i see thread already open here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

this one can be closed. I did not see it in the first ATS page.. as expected hehe

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I guess this takes out evolution?
How old is the red planet.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Most of you seem to have missed this extremely important part - "Nasa scientists believe. "

It could be anyone working in nasa, it could be a theory of someone working in nasa, it could be made up.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
I guess this takes out evolution?
How old is the red planet.

There are a lot of theories that show damage to mars has been caused by a massive impact with another celestial body.

Any evolved species would have been destroyed - it might have taken millions of years for bacteria to begin forming again.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Nasa thinks life is on Mars? They're a more diverse group than you think, so I'm quite sure some of them do.

Penelope Boston: Life on Mars? Look in the caves.

sty

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

well, if past life existed on Mars, we will get the evidence for it. But a planet like Mars could not hold enough atmosphere , so I wonder if anything else than unicelular life could evolve..

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

The implication is this is a universal law. "

How Stupid are people??? I mean WAKE UP!!!

I mean HELLOOOO

ok right so what the bigwigs are saying is.. We are wating for god to come down and slam us with some rapture but in the mean time lets go look for life?

LOL so stupid...

and then people are totaly shocked to find out we have BUGs on other planets.. based on what paramaters? our lack of understanding what infact god IS?

god is a load of tripe... why? becouse we KNOW IT IS or why bother go looking for it in the first place???

I never understand why people question god then use there ipod that totaly says god is a load of #

Life is universal for one very very clear reason WE ARE HERE...

its not hard logic to get.. well unless you think god is a joker.. with a dumb sens of humour and tiwsted..

This does not shock me.. never has.. we are being spoon fed this becouse people are starting to wake up to the fact God aint coming back anytime soon and if he does "he will come in a ufo"...

Becouse there is MORE chance of an ALIEN than GOD..

mathamaticaly proven... why? becouse we aint got the foggyest wtf GOD is...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join