It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let the greedy be homeless.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
In my opinion this problem lies here, the banks were not at fault it was the homeowner's ( not the one's with the ARM loans) that were living "credit rich" The time of being able to distinguish wants from needs was obscured and people were (and probably still are) buying up everything and anything they could get their hands on. A drive through a typical " cookie cutter, middle class neighborhood" at the beguinning of 2007 could have proven this point, Mercedes Benz, Lexus Suv's, even Hummer's could be seen dotting the driveways and even worse the way these vehicles came from the factory was not good enough people had to go and buy the 20inch rims and the $3000 stereo systems as well as the special light kits and anything else sold after market.

The temptation to "just put it on the credit card" was too much for those keeping up with the Johnson's to resist.It dosen't stop in the driveway though how about those plasma tv's everyone just had to have and you wern't anybody unless you went out and got one( most likley purchased on a credit card) the list goes on and on and most if not all families that find themselves "homeless" right now were the ones living far above their means and now they have nothing, their selling their Benze's and their Hummer's( or at least trying too) and their plasma tv's and all of the things that they "just couldn't live without. And now all of the sudden the world is supposed to feel sorry for them I don't think so, I feel sorry for the ones that got sick or lost a job or became disabled and got caught up in the mess, but not the others.

Those houses that now stand empty and rotting, they should serve as reminders of how disgusting and greedy American society has become and they should be torn down and eventually rebuilt, sold for what a house should sell for( not the astronomical amount that you see everywhere) as well and rebuilt eventually the way houses used to be built , with the "needs" of the future owners in mind, forget about the marble floors and countertops, forget about the jacuzzi bath in each bathroom, forget about the pool in the backyard and all of those things that people"want".

Bottom line here is that our society has gotten completly out of control and people spend spend spend and don't think about the concequences until it's too late, I feel bad for all of the displaced animals due to incompetent owner's inability to continue to pay their mortgage.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
You are correct. People in quest for a luxury life, spend more than they can afford and before they realize it, they are bankrupt and ask the government for support and our tax money goes for their greediness, and it is a loss for us. This clearly shows why we should plan the spendings and make some savings for the future.

And I hate people using credit cards, they dont realize that using it is actually loan, and how they sometimes pay more interest than the amount spent and live in a cycle of debt.

A flag for you.

[edit on January 15th, 2009 by peacejet]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Thanks peacejet, Iam just sick and tired of people feeling sorry for all of these "homeless" people and not realizing that many lost their homes due to zelous overspending and greed.

join