It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Life on Mars

www.thesun.co.uk

ALIEN microbes living just below the Martian soil are responsible for a haze of methane around the Red Planet, Nasa scientists believe.
The gas, belched in vast quantities in our world by cows, was detected by orbiting spacecraft and from Earth using giant telescopes.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
If this report is confirmed, it would be one of the most important scientific discoveries of all times. However, I think they may be making a stretch to say that primitive life exists simply because they have found methane on Mars. It seems to me like they are making a conclusion based upon eliminating other sources of the gas, such as volcanoes and other geological activity. The way to be sure and really prove the existence of life on Mars is to detect the organisms themselves!

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-1-2009 by LiquidMirage]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Duplicate thread. It is already being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Perhaps it is gas coming from the rear ends
of people who are already stationed there?!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The have known about methane being on Mars since about 2004..Linky
They have theorized that microbes were the culprit pretty much since then. If they just announce the methane discovery and push the microbe theory without any scientific data....or if this turns out to be a true "Sun EXCLUSIVE!" I will get semi-violent.

top topics

join