It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Redirect?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Do what Shroedingersdog said.
Copy the address of the place and send it to administration!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by dooper

Do what Shroedingersdog said.

Now that's what I call a signature.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

LOL!
I am ingratiating myself to the mods!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I get the redirect to yellowpages too.

Oddly enough, I also get a pop-up from the yellow pages website for a spy-ware scanner program, if I leave the tab out long enough.

The only other site I've received the same redirect too was from a image/video hosting site.

Here is a screen shot of what I get redirected to:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Wow, I have thawed out, the freeze is gone!

DJMessiah,

Good work on capturing the screen shot of the entire thing, including the ad!

I wasn't really meaning that I have access to Skyfloating's photobucket account I just thought with the entire address with the URL I thought some poeple (not me) might have capability to take it further.

Anyway................

I can post again!

[edit on 13-1-2009 by interestedalways]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

It even had my hometown on the yellow pages search index!

Whenever anyone visits a website, that website identifies the visitor's Internet connection by a code known as an IP address. Every computer has a unique IP address. What most people don't know is that the IP address itself contains all sorts of information about the visitor such as the physical location of that person's Internet provider (which is usually the same city as the visitor).

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by orgyofthedead

Originally posted by interestedalways

It even had my hometown on the yellow pages search index!

Whenever anyone visits a website, that website identifies the visitor's Internet connection by a code known as an IP address. Every computer has a unique IP address. What most people don't know is that the IP address itself contains all sorts of information about the visitor such as the physical location of that person's Internet provider (which is usually the same city as the visitor).

I have heard that before and I suppose this proves it to be true.

I just wonder why this is moved to computer help when it seems to be something that more than one member is experiencing. It would seem that it is originating from something on the site since at least 5 of us have been redirected to a particular ad.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

I'm not sure why it has been moved here.
The truth is that the best place to post this issue any time it comes back up is in the "ATS issues thread."
But the advice you will get there is the same I gave to you earlier. Try to capture the redirecting link's url, grab a screenshot, and send all info to member of staff, preferably admin.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
I get the redirect to yellowpages too.

Oddly enough, I also get a pop-up from the yellow pages website for a spy-ware scanner program, if I leave the tab out long enough.

I got this one earlier this evening too. Both the yellowpages and the spy-ware scanner.

Did you send this to SkepticOverlord?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I can't post in the thread anymore.

I do hope someone forwards this to to the right people.

Interestedalways.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Browser hijacking. Ugh.

Here's a pointer to an easy to read article on what is happening, how to avoid it, etc.

www.pcstats.com...

Somebody asked what temp internet files are. Here's a short description:

Definition of: temporary Internet files

In a user's computer, a collection of the most recent Web pages and files downloaded from the Web. The files are stored in a folder that acts as a cache so that subsequent requests are retrieved from the local hard disk. When the user requests the same page again, a request is sent to the Web site for the date of the file. If the date is newer than the one stored locally, the page is downloaded. If it is the same, the page is read locally.

A storage setting determines how large the folder can grow. When the limit is reached, old files are discarded when new ones are added. In Windows Internet Explorer, the temporary files storage allocation can be found by going to the Tools menu and selecting Folder Options/Settings. See temporary file.

www.pcmag.com...=temporary+Internet+files&i=52741,00.asp

top topics

<< 1   >>

join