It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"BELLY BUTTON" or "BLOW HOLE"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Opps pease feel free to move this thread if its worthy of a topic!!!
I was in debate on the proper forum!
I can't help but ask, after much research........"do to overweight family members"there seems to be a "COVER-UP" of info. on a global scale.
DOES McDonalds and the fast food chains kill more PPL than cigs. ?
I have some facts, but its as bad as looking for "REAL" UFO pics
First I believe in freedom, "EAT ALL YOU WANT"
And smoke if you please.......
We are all addicts of some sort, weather its info. or nict. or food, ect ect....
Why should anyone, be able to say, you are not allowed to, "pick your nose" or "smoke" or "spank your child"
Should we just let the big video BABYsitter "TV" do it all.......
OHHHH look another addiction, "TV"
Lets bann it too..."wishfull thinking"
Back to topic.... if anyone has info. that fast food kills more than cigs. please let it roll..........
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Great thread, thank you very much. I've been thinking about the same thing and I find this further food for thought.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Most likely a bad "title" I acctually thought this would be a fair topic, thanks for the reply, maybe next time............

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
You know what, im so tired of this!

Dude, i LOVE Mcdonalds, and i LOVE Hungry jacks!!

But you know what ?

I eat it in moderation, sometimes once a week, sometimes twice a week, sometimes i won't eat it for a month!

I also smoke, but only when I have a few beers, and I only smoke rollups, i don't touch cigs, whenever i take a drag of a cig i choke, i can taste the chems, rollups are way better, but once again, it's all moderation, i'll only have a few rollies while a have a few beers! and i like it, alot...

But i also eat healthy, and i also walk alot, and i exersize, and gym and drink water and eat fruit etc.

Just because some people have to always do everything in excess doesn't mean the rest of us have to suffer for it.

Don't take Mcd's away, it's delicious!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellsing

They also load up on flavor enhancing chemicals like MSG (monosodium-glutamate). I have found Hardees/Carl Jr. to be better since they just make ouright burgers and fries rather than the crap McD makes. Way to much grease for me.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Give ya a Mcrib for a pack of smokes........
Not my point, the PPL eattin Mcd's "mass's" are the same PPl calling for "NO SMOKING" bans
Thats my only point.....
PS I Like Mcd's too.........
But, to have a 350 lb lady push in front of the line to tell me I smell of smoke and that smoking should be banned , cause it will kill me.........while she orders a double quarter cheese STUPID SIZE with a DIET coke?
COME ON......

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It's probably some sort of cover up.
There's no way to test "Which kill's more" because of the factors:

How long the person has been smoking compared to how long the other person has been eating.
And, how much someone smokes compared to how much the other person eats.

I don't think there's any good way to see which kills first.
So I bet they're trying to cover up something.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

I have no clue what Mcd's is like in the US, but here in Australia they use 100% real beef, the burgers aren't greasy and it's damn tasty!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Well I could smoke for 10 years and still live
Could you eat Mc'ds for 10 years and live ?

Case closed.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Isn't the calorie/dietary stuff placed on the wraapper, a global thing or jus here in the USA?
Not to mention the, long lines of sheeple, backed out into the streets to get their daily, Mcd's allotment...
This was never meant to be a Mcd's HATER" post, it was meant to be a refferance of the mass's.
That the PPL eatin Mcd's "in general" are the same PPL voting for smoking/bans.........
SO why? Can they kill them selves with food.....
And then vote to ban smoking.......
Seems a little/twisted......
that someone can order over 1200 calories, "for one meal" and top it off with a DIET coke and a vote for NO_SMOKING while we still have to, pay for their health care the same as the smokers.......
Sorry I just don't see both sides of the argument...
Just seems like the same arguement, with two different addictions....
Point being that more PPL eat Mcd's than smoke....
But no one can give that a number for study......

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
American Mcdicks is completely different from Canada's. The burgers are smaller and greasier and the mcChicken is downright gross. Out east (Nova Scotia, Newfoundland) you can get lobster sandwiches at Mcdonalds.

I would assume that Australia's Mcdicks is similiar in quality to Canada's.

I think the company realizes that 95 % of Americans don't know there ass from there elbows and saves some money by giving their largest customer base the cheapest ingredients.

Peace

[edit on 13-1-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Man, i got a craving for a double quarter pounder now...rawrrr

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I hate to sound old... especialy since I'm only twenty, but I remember when I was a kid and they had GOOD burgrs at McDonalds.
Now, i can still sorta stand the fries though thy tend to backfir, but the burgrs are just flat out nasty.
Same with Krystals, Burger King, Wendy's ect.
I've been to some of thee smaller, non franchised restaunts and that is where to get a good burger.

As for what kills more, I'm mor of the opinion that the ole' burger and fries lead more to dcreased quality of life, whereas smoking brings about serious issues with health.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I guarantee the new Angus Burger gives one of those Mom'nPop places a run for their money.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The fast food industry is not going to get closed down any time soon or ever and for good reason. In the same way if someone had pasta or bake beans or meat pies as often as McDonnell's they'd have health problems. If someone dies from too much junk food that's not McDonnell's fault, it's the consumer for not eating responsibly.

They know this risks from eating fast food as they do for eating sweets and chocolates. The fast food industry can't be held responsible for the eating habits of the consumers.

top topics

join