It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next generation nuclear weapons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
actually i belive neutron bombs are illegal globally, but then again that hasnt stopped the US from doing much...

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Just imagine critical nukes the size of a pack of cigarettes, and neutron bombs the size of volleyballs. That's the plan.

Always cracks me up how the non-proliferation fights and worries go on when the efforts to build smaller and better nukes have never ever ceased.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I would rather use MOABs to be completely honest.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekial

Not to handy for espionage work, and the requirement of a B-52 bomber or a cargo plane to drop one kills that whole plausible deniability thingamajig.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Wow, old topic ressurected.

Neutron bombs were invented by the US and the technology was lifted by chinese spies (probably).

As for the old question I missed, the neutron bomb does not leave behind radiation. There would be lingering radiation but its low levels and fades quickly.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

Originally posted by Ezekial

Not to handy for espionage work, and the requirement of a B-52 bomber or a cargo plane to drop one kills that whole plausible deniability thingamajig.

Oh ok, I was obviously reffering to a combat situation sorry. For sneaky missions I would think the Neutron bomb would work well, even the Hydrogen bomb. But what about plausable deniablity there? "Oh never mind the inhabitants just dissapeared like the mayans."

Of course the US could deny using these weapons, but to be honest every time something like a N or H bomb goes off in the future, but they will be blamed even if they didn't do it. Old habits die hard.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
All of the 5 major nuclear powers have neutron bombs, it's old technology. They still have a considerable blast radius but 90% of it's energy is released as fast neutrons.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
If it were the 60s or 70s China and Russia would be the main suspects. But due to recent military activity the US would be right up the front in my opinion, I don't hate the USA, in fact I love it it's just something I believe is correct.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Here's a link to a grape-fruit size neutron bomb. www.geocities.com...
Know anything about these? They'd probably be the weapon of choice.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Didnt look at your URL but the grapefruit sized bombs sound like the ones Russia are developing that are pure fussion, say around the size of a softball, and have about a 2 megatone yeild...

Apparently they use Red Mercuary (already discussed in the Science Forum, searc it) which is capable stating a fussion reaction in Heavy Water Also, since its pure fusion, its a lot cleaner.

Also interesting to note is that this tech has been around a while and Russia was rumoured to have sold this technology to Iraq, hence our fear of their WMDs, nukes that cant be detected becuase there are no fisionable material in them...

Fraser

top topics

<< 1   >>

join