It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julius Genachowski - Obama's pick for FCC leadership

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
In the long list of those President-elect Obama is choosing for his cabinet and Administration leadership, Julius Genachowski, represents another appointment of an industry insider with a history of investment capital management and, of course another member of the Harvard/Yale elite club.

His experience is as a high-level officer in the FCC as legal counsel, and over the years we have seen the FCC give away the people's virtual ownership of the airwaves, over a broad range of the electromagnetic spectrum, while doling out 'ownership rights' to commercial interests like those who spied on Americans under the guise of patriotic duty.

I can't help but morn the continual stream of 'no change here' decisions that seem to be coming out of our new President's communications. It seems as if the party will - once again - just like the Repubs - dominate the government with like-minded ideologues who's interests have little or nothing to do with the people's business, and focus strongly on private businesses with which they are intimately related.

No bang on Obama, just his willingness to accept those who advise him over his clear agenda of 'change'. Seems like the status quo is more important than the future - and it all centers around people with money on their mind.

This has nothing to do with the economy..., but watch how quickly the economy comes up..., it's the ultimate excuse for pretending that 'we must look to the future' while ignoring the past, where all the lessons are.

EDIT TO ADD: source - Be advised this appointment is not yet confirmed by the legislators.

Julius Genachowski picked to head FCC

[edit on 13-1-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
As much as it pains me to say it, I am beginning to come to the same conclusion. Regardless of political ideology, I think we as Americans all recognize the need for Change as being absolutely critical if this country is not going to lapse into complete decay and potential chaos.

The pendulum needs to swing back to supporting the middle-class infrastructure or we will truly no longer be able to recognize or maintain our position as a global Superpower. And supporting corporate interests never supports the middle-class.

It will also be interesting to see if, and how, he divests the inordinate amount of power that has been given to the executive branch in the last 8 yrs.

join