It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you really want to live forever???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Most people greatly prefer the idea that they will continue to exist throughout eternity, as opposed to being snuffed out like a candle.

But do you really want to exist for all eternity? Try to wrap your mind around eternity. It goes on and on and on. You're trapped. You can't ever escape.

Maybe you're happy, but you will never not be happy. There is no chance you will be excused from beingness.

A billion billion years is less than an eyeblink in terms of how long you will exist. And then multiply that times a billion, and you're not even close to saying how long eternity is.

Do you actually want to exist forever?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Interesting question...
i am one of those persons who is fascinated about the afterlife and the possibility to exist for all the eternity...
I touched the death and from that experience I learned that we are soul first of all and when you arrive to "live" the death you feel that is not the end but only the principle.
I am not scared about the possibility to exist for all the eternity, from my experiences I can say there is nothing of dreadful made the last step...
Don't forget, you will not have a body, not physical pain, no physical constriction. Try to live your actual life in the best of the way possible, and your soul will be ready to live for all the eternity.

But this is only my opinion...

Sorry for my english!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Aha a question I've asked myself before. Eternity and concious existing within it for eternity.

Nope, in my philosophy you don't exist for eternity, necessarily.

I believe after completeing your spirit's mission, whatever it may be, you ascend from the plane of existance in my opinion the 4th dimension to the 5th dimension.

The 5th dimension is what we consider "God". I don't believe God is someone, I believe it is something. A force.

So if you've ever read Siddhartha, then you know when acheived "Nirvana" he became one with everything, the trees the birds, the wolf the fish.

When you are done with your spiritual mission, and you have became fully enlightened in a concious set, you will no longer make concious decisions, you will become a part of existance, a force of life.

And at some point, you'll get recycled and thrown back into the 4th dimension then into the 3rd where we reside writing these messages.

Thats my theory, anyways.

=)

I would spiritually kill myself if I had to exist for eternity =P

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Well...we that went through the catholic school system are taught that we will indeed live forever...as long you believe that jesus is the son of god..
well a child could believe that with blinded devotion...but as we mature into adulthood we discover that life is no bed of roses.we fall in and out of love..we get hired and ungracfully get fired..those of us poor souls that live in the real world see little evidence of eternal life...just leachers that just want to suck the last drop of blood or money out of your life..
I am now 54 years old and I'v seen some really bad and bizaar people..
but then I'v come across many wonderfull people,that would do just about anything for you.. so from were I stand in life I see everything on a balance..good is in balance with bad...greed is in balance with generosity
war is in balance with peace..etc etc.. And I ask myself Why do I feel that I believe in eternity,While there is no phyisical evidence of it..Why do I feel as though I'm a spiritual being.Why do I feel my father Who has passed on....follows me around. and talks to me...
Well I do believe in eternal life...and I dont understand why.. I just do...
If you believe in eternal life your not hurting anyone...But if there is nothing after death......Then were in real trouble..

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by droid56
Most people greatly prefer the idea that they will continue to exist throughout eternity, as opposed to being snuffed out like a candle.

But do you really want to exist for all eternity? Try to wrap your mind around eternity. It goes on and on and on. You're trapped. You can't ever escape.

Maybe you're happy, but you will never not be happy. There is no chance you will be excused from beingness.

A billion billion years is less than an eyeblink in terms of how long you will exist. And then multiply that times a billion, and you're not even close to saying how long eternity is.

Do you actually want to exist forever?

certainly, but only If I can expand my conciousness somehow, we aren't evolved enough to be able to live forever as we are now, we would have to evolve some more, (alot more hah)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I believe we will continue to live in some way, in my perception, its impossible to just die, what would happen ... everything would go black and ... it doesnt make ANY sense ... really ... at least for me ...

I believe that there is something else, and I would like to find out what the hell is going on in this life thing that we all are in ...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I believe we do live forever all ready. The final step in an individuals existence would be to merge with God. Once merged with God you are no longer an individual or really anything for that matter. You are practically non existent. You are but a droplet above a giant sea. Once merged with God you drop into that sea. And then your life gives life back to the cosmos. Too bad your memories and ego will be shattered.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Why not?

I'd rather live on in other forms than cease to exist. With the short lifespan of a human you may as well have not been here, it is more likely your impact on the world will amount to zilch and you won't be remembered unless you become famous or infamous in someway.

That doesn't give enough time to leave your mark on the universe, or multiverse. That to me would be an incredible disappointment. But I also don't like the thought of reincarnation, it sounds too repetitive.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Well that wouldn't be me. I would hate to live forever. Like that? Yeah....Not me.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
there is a basic flaw in your veiwpoint,friend; time as we know it is a construct of this reality here in 3rd density; the Quabballah states there are 22 levels between here in 3rd to the level of the god-force and all are very different constructs.

the soul energy is supposed to be eternal; reality isn't. Talk to someone or read up on near death experiences, for it may help you with your perceptions;

I had an nde in 1980; according to my drs I was legally dead for 13 minutes, but seemed far longer than that to me; one thing I will share from that experience is that you can grasp everything from the beginning to the ultimate end at once; just not anyway to really describe it;

needless to say, I have no fear of death, for it is just a blink to a new reality experience.

just my nickel's worth.

seeker

top topics

join