It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alan Watt: Lies, Threats and Plagiarism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

This is the article with the whole story
www.outlawjournalism.com...

Glen Kealey Alan Watt's Inspiration?
www.outlawjournalism.com...

This is interesting for several reasons.
Alan edited the clip of the caller out of his archives.

he also heavily edited the jan 6th show which had the threats on it, which i was able to find anyway because of itunes.

Kealey who is kind of...eccentric...said the following in a recent telephone conversation..

Kealey: Alan Watt called me for weeks on end to pick my brain, Alan Watt bought a newspaper subscription, read it, and copied material from it. He never, I am told, gave me any credit for having been the originator of all the ideas, however that doesn't matter to me, Im not in this for money, he might be in this for money.

Which is, of course totally hilarious considering the type of things Watt says in the video.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
www.conspiracyclothes.com...

There is the link to the audio clip of Kealey saying the following

caller: ..and i can hear by the way you talk, obviously it sounds like Alan Watt really did rip you off? Kealey: Alan Watt called me for weeks on end to pick my brain, Alan Watt bought a newspaper subscription, read it, and copied material from it. He never, I am told, gave me any credit for having been the originator of all the ideas, however that doesn't matter to me, Im not in this for money, he might be in this for money.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
This guy was always a downer. Info is unsurprising. people should steer clear of this basket case.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This is an awful situation. I've seen the posts of some Outlaw forum stuff. This Andre character is making hay on this right now. I've heard him on a couple of shows now. In one he calls Kealy's stuff bizzare, on the other he calls it amazing and fascinating. ANDRE ADMITS that one of his forum members tried to rip Alan off by producing merchadise without Alan's permission. He accuses Alan of deleting a section of his broadcast, but he himself has had stuff deleted off his own website. He seems to ridicule the fact that an attempt was made to use Alan's face on other material, saying that "(Alan) says that his face is copyrighted". Actually Andre, you should check copyright law. Alan is actually right about this (Check international copyright law). On the moral issue, how would Andre like it if I created a site similar to his, with a similar name, a similar look and feel? How about if someone started making money off Andre's own work, and the advertised that they were going to donate a small portion of it to Andre himself without even telling him or sending him any money? How about if someone set up a site to honour this Andre character, spilling their guts on how much they love him, how much they learned from him, then turned on him like an animal and attempted to destroy his life's work in the process? How about if someone started spending their time smearing Andre's name by putting what he says out of context? How about if someone creates a forum, and members of that forum started calling Andre at home and started threatening Andre and his family? How about if someone linked Andre to some borderline anti-semetic crap without his permission? How would you feel Andre? Because these are all the things you are accusing Alan of, and he's the bad guy? You admit Alan has taught you a lot but now you can't stand him and pay him back by smearing him all over the net? You pay back the community like this by creating this much division? As for Glen Kealy and the image that you say Alan ripped off .... I take it Kealy was the illustrator? I think not. What is the PRIMARY source of the illustration and the writings that you say Alan ripped off? Do you have any idea of how recorded history works? Does this mean that if a writer and/ or historian goes to a primary source that he or she is the only person to be able to report or write about this? Does this mean we can only have one version of history? You say you have learnt from Alan but have you really learnt anything at all? You've written off the leaders of the truth movement like Watt, Jones and Rense in recorded interviews. You've written off people of listen to Alan Watt as a cult and brainwashed. You and your forum members are trying so hard now to discredit Alan, including your friend who tried to rip Alan, by going onto forums and interviews and doing everything you can to "expose" him? Personally, I've tried to stay out of this, but I'm outraged that someone with the history that you and some of your forum members have are doing your utmost best to someone who is working hard to wake people up. Like me, you may not agree with everthing people like Rense, Watt and Jones may have to say, but you may try to produce some of your own PRIMARY work in exposing the powers that be, rather than try to make a name for yourself in attacking others that have taught you so much. You judge a tree by it's fruit. Look at what you're doing and the effect that your unresearched rantings are having on the movement. I'd rather not agree with Alan at the moment and call you under the thumb and rather as someone who is young and nieve about intellectual property and issues like primary sources.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Alan Watt has created a cult on RBN. I feel sorry for his followers

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Digging this thread up from the depths in the hope that someone on here can shed some more light upon it.

Splendid

top topics

join