It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA detects booming sound in space!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

ARCADE's mission was to search the sky for heat from the first generation of stars. Instead, it found a cosmic puzzle.

"The universe really threw us a curve," Kogut says. "Instead of the faint signal we hoped to find, here was this booming noise six times louder than anyone had predicted." Detailed analysis ruled out an origin from primordial stars or from known radio sources, including gas in the outermost halo of our own galaxy. The source of this cosmic radio background remains a mystery.

www.nasa.gov...

What do you guys think?

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review This Link

[edit on Tue Jan 13 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
A high energy, widespread radio source. Interesting. I'll leave to the astrophysicists to come up with a theory.

Remember that the cosmic microwave background radiation was a complete mystery when it was discovered.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Very interesting! Maybe a "white hole" spewing out matter everywhere?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Well, I always wondered where the black hole energy went.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
that doesn't sound good.

I recently heard that the sun's heliosphere has disapeared however I am not sure how reliable this information is, Anyone care to confirm?

If the above statement is true then could this have an effect on us because its down?

Sorry I really have no idea what I'm talking about... If you couldn't tell already. lol.

join