It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca Cola foreign products at home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Not sure if this is a conspiracy as such but here it is.

I live in the UK and drink a load of coke. From time to time cans appear in the shops that are produced in foreign countries such as Germany or Ireland or the USA.
Why?
Recently I bought some 12oz USA cans, full of high fructose corn syrup, which I dont want to drink and probably made with fluoridated water. Simarly I dont want to drink German water. Anyway the foreign cans always taste bad to me.

Another thing is how can it be profitable to produce cans in say the USA and ship then to UK for sale when its produced in the UK anyway!

I just wanted to post this and see if anyone has had similar experiances and if anyone could offer an explanation.

I have emailed coke a couple of times but they never reply

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Oh, it goes so much deeper than that I gather.

For example, I can order a CD from UK and pay less money for it at the end than if I bought it here in Canada. The whole demand and supply thing is messed up and it really appears to be (among other things) about cornering (destroying) local markets and making a few gigantic corporations raking in extreme profits at the expense of the local manufacturers. People are just collateral damage at that point...

I'll oversimplify it, but the way it seems to work is: a virgin market will be identified and since most countries need to borrow money, the IMF will "determine" that in order to get the money, a country must import certain amount of goods (and stop exporting or producing their own). The market is flooded with foreign goods (produced at some other country, at the expense of their cheap labour or whatever) and cheaper than what's offered by the local producers.

In order to compete with the new influx of the foreign goods, local producers have to lower their prices which literally runs them out of business. Then the huge corporations move in all the way and establishing themselves as the only supplier and producer. They will then start producing something else perhaps with the labour there and export it elsewhere under the same scheme.

Perhaps I missed a step or two but that's the gist of it.

I remember the example of Jamaica who before the IMF "moved in" was producing all their milk requirements, locally. When they got blessed with a "loan" they were told that they had to import condensed milk. This imported milk was much cheaper than their locally produced milk that the local dairy industry went under. Same thing happened with potatoes, which are now mostly imported.

There are thousands of other examples, just go to your local grocery store and see what's imported, note the prices. Find out whether it is/was produced locally as well and how much does/did it cost from local producers. Somewhere in the process you'll need to dig out why it was switched from local to import (and I do not mean the "it was cheaper for the grocery chain" excuse, think bigger) and you'll bump into some kind of global trading agreement that was made.

This is just my partial understanding of it, probably just tip of the iceberg, eh.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by beefeater

What are you saying? You mean the coke over in the UK doesn't have high fructose corn syrup?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
thanks amigo for your reply

i had never thought of it that way and i dont doubt it knowing what b*stards the coca cola company is. shame i cant stop drinking it

shopkeepers think im strange because i check the back of the cans before buying them, if i explained to them that buying this coke from other countries was not suporting the local economy they might change their views.

and yes TH3ON3 coke here is corn syrup free, its water, sugar, caramel (e150d) phosphoric acid and flavorings.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by beefeater
thanks amigo for your reply

i had never thought of it that way and i dont doubt it knowing what b*stards the coca cola company is. shame i cant stop drinking it

shopkeepers think im strange because i check the back of the cans before buying them, if i explained to them that buying this coke from other countries was not suporting the local economy they might change their views.

and yes TH3ON3 coke here is corn syrup free, its water, sugar, caramel (e150d) phosphoric acid and flavorings.

Just wanted to point out one thing how do we really know what is in the products it may be corn syrup free but what are the flavorings ? You can look on any ingredients list and it will say flavor, flavoring, natural flavor etc. almost anything can be classified as a natural flavor

Products that list flavoring and natural flavors always gets me uneasy if everything on earth that is non man made is a natural flavor technically since humans had nothing to do with it.

So couldn't corn be a flavor/natural flavor or any other natural substance that is dangerous ?

The only way you could be somewhat positive that corn, corn syrup or anything else is not in your food is to know every name for a given planet or by product of the plant.

I wouldn't be surprised if some companies listed corn or corn syrup as maize or maize syrup in the ingredients since lot's of people in the US have no clue what maize is.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jatsc

I think you are right, how do we realy know? we just take the word of the company. However there are some independent tests done but they are usualy for specifics like pesticides

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Every Coca Cola product in Australia is made using water from Sydney water in the Warragamba dam. Nothing sus about that? but interesting fact, i think that its Mt Franklin spring water owned by Coca Cola isnt spring water at all...its just filtrated Sydney water haha

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

Actually if they do that they could probably still win a case against with some bs like all water came from a spring at some point over the last billion years or so

They could be putting whatever in foods and drinks they make, like you said the companies that do the test they don't test for everything. Household cleaners get around calling there products natural because the product is something like 98% water.

Think about this if they wanted to hide crap under the natural flavor, or natural ingredient they could

Anthrax you can find it naturally in some places

the sprouts of all nightshade family plants become poisonous and those include tomatoes, potatoes, chili peppers, bell peppers, tobacco and eggplants most of them have some amount of chaconine and solanine if they were to get some potatoes and tomatoes with lots of solanine in them you could wipe out a good amount of people by just feeding it to them.

*Mercury

*Lead

*Cyanide

*Many different plants can close up your throat, eyes, gentiles or give full body rashes if consumed

*Most of the other elements on the periodic table

* Heck all you got to do is
Put some typical process food feed american cows milk in nut and bean products and vice versa put nuts and beans in the milk you'd give about 30 of the human population extreme allergy attacks

[edit on 13-1-2009 by jatsc]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
My personal Opinion

I think American Coke and Canadian Coke are made with glucos and fructose.

Mexican and I'm assuming England from the post above must still use cane sugar.

I think there may be a story about an importer in the USA being sued by pepsi for importing mexican pepsi which uses cane sugar.

if this has already been explained then sorry but I didn't read the whole discussion.

my personal opinion

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Interesting, I would have thought the ingredients in coke, no matter where it came from would be identical.

This would keep the unique taste consistent.

Maybe people from different countries take a pic of the ingredients on the can/bottle and post them so we can see the differences.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I remember a guy who found out what cokes secret ingrediant is and it is PRUNE CONCENTRATE .... ha ha - now how do we prove it...

I just called him and he said he heard it from dried Aprocot & Plum wholesaler\supplier in Sacramento, Ca. he believes the guy. I dont know - Prunes ... yuc

[edit on 12-3-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

They taste bad here too, friend.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I'm not a big Coke drinker, but when I lived in Germany I noticed that (and I can't remember if it was Coke or Pepsi) tasted very different. It seemed to be much more carbonated or something. When it was in my mouth, it seemed lighter and if you swished it around in your mouth, it seemed like you were swishing airy bubbles instead of liquid.

Maybe I am crazy?

I do know that Mt. Dew sold in Canada has no caffiene it it, where as in the US, it's loaded with caffiene.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I drink an unhealthy amount of diet coke ::blush:: I could almost throw a rock from my house to where my coke is made and distributed.

Beefeater, am I matrixing or really seeing "coca-cola" in your avatar?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
I drink an unhealthy amount of diet coke ::blush:: I could almost throw a rock from my house to where my coke is made and distributed.

Beefeater, am I matrixing or really seeing "coca-cola" in your avatar?

WOW dayaaang it is a coco-cola avatar.

WTH?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I drink US Made Coca-Cola. All the time. From the can.

I prefer Coca-Cola bottled in Mexico and sold at the Supermercado in the next town. In the tall, one pint bottle.

Cane sugar brings me back to childhood.

Oh, prune extract is NOT used in Coca-Cola. It's put in Dr. Pepper.

An interested drinker,
Cuhail

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

It's strange, I've had many different cokes from many countries, and the UK coke is the BEST!

The one from America is second best, but maybe a bit too sweet?

A couple from the european countries are ok, but taste strange and cheap. And there's one from 1 country that tastes like crap.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yup---Mexican coca-cola is made from cane sugar, as is "kosher" coke. You are missing something (not counting the original coca leaf extract) by drinking coke made in the US or Canada. Try it some time from a local Mexican or kosher store. You will be astonished at the difference.

top topics

join