It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is "Evil"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
In the vain of my previous thread I realized I wanted another base question asked.

What is evil?

What is PURE evil?

Can someone be "made" evil? (Classic nurture vs. nature argument)

Can good be evil?

Can someone be truly sadistic, sick and disturbed and not be evil, such as an Ed Gein or an Albert Fish.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Evil is anything that knowingly stunts or discourages growth and understanding.

That sums it up very simply.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfChaos

Evil is Live backwards. Forward being preferable.

Peace

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Simply put - DISHARMONY

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Evil is my mother in law's middle name.

Seriously, evil is just something natural that we all possess within us. The only difference is that some of us control it better than others.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Seriously, evil is just something natural that we all possess within us. The only difference is that some of us control it better than others.

No it's not natural at all, it is akin to a tumor and acceptance of it is resignation to it. Think again.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Agreed with the other posts, it's the opposite of Light, the absence of Light. The frequency of evil is lower than the frequency of light. Evil can only exist in the lower dimensions, 4D and lower. 5D and up, no evil.

It depends on your actions. I think you can have evil thoughts, but as long as you don't act on them, I think that makes you "not evil".

"Can good be evil" . No. The vibratory state that is Good doesn't jive with the vibratory state that is Evil. They just don't get along.

It's crazy what some people do, though, isn't it? Violence, torture, rape, pre-meditated murder...how can people be that way? It's just not cool.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by coney]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Agreed with the other posts, it's the opposite of Light, the absence of Light. The frequency of evil is lower than the frequency of light. Evil can only exist in the lower dimensions, 4D and lower. 5D and up, no evil.

Maybe they have delusions just like you. how did all this 4D 5D crap got started, and why do you state as if it is factual?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Hmm good question.

Hard to put into words..

For me, 'evil' is the name, idea or concept we humans ascribe to a behaviour or set of behaviours that contradicts what we define as normal or socially accepting. Granted, we all have different levels and tolerances of what is accepting and what our social setting says is 'good'. But I think good & evil are used when we want to attribute a behaviour to someone or something whereby that behaviour could often be seen as 'not their own' or 'more than human'. Or more commonly, simply beyond our level of understanding so we give it these very strong, emotionally laden words like 'evil' to give it a real sense of gravitas.

For example, people will say Hitler was evil. Or that some Charles Manson was evil. Or that symbol on the ancient stone rock in the cave was evil. Or the feeling in this room is 'evil'.

I don't think those things are 'evil' -- the people are extremely messed up and lacking in some very basic social skills and definitely negative. A symbol is just a symbol and it in itself isn't good or bad - it's the value we people assign to it. And a feeling isn't evil, nor is a room. A strange, unknown or unsettling stimulus might illicit a certain type of behavioural reponse in us that makes us feel frightened, scared, anxious, etc -- which we then attribute to being evil because it's put us in a state we don't like.

But for me, saying someone is evil has a "more than human" quality to it and saying some innanimate object is evil gives it a sentient quality that it definitely doesn't have.

Personally, I like to think of it as more "positive/negative" idea rather than "good/evil".

But that's just me.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I figured this out a long time ago.

Evil/Lucifer is seperation. God is the reality. The ultimate reality. All life and all that is. Lucifer seperated himself from that and created his own reality of illusion to live in. In other words Lucifer seperated himself from all other life and created his own seperate reality.

But seperation and evil are both illusions. You cant have seperation without evil. Seperation creates a polarity, unequality, and disharmony. Inorder to commit evil on to another life you would have to percieve the rest of life as seperated from your own. Seperating yourself from all other life.

It is also my belief that the duality of Good versus Evil is the Heart versus the Mind or the Left side of the brain versus the Right. The Mind(left side of the brain) is what seperates reality from self and it is the Heart(right side of the brain) that connects you to other living things.

But in the ultimate reality all is equal as one and you are all life. There is no seperation.

Evil is seperation.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Semper Fi jam. I agree that we all have the capacity to do evil. Evil is the disease, the symptoms are greed, self centeredness, and hate. The cure is to be loving and selfless.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Evil is Knievel

The father of motorcycle madness.

Wheres the mod this is off topic.

Seriously now I don't think evil exists per se, humanity defines evil

without humanity would there be any evil?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It is a human perspective made by social conditions which outline "immoral" behaviors that ultimately are counter productive to the evolution, advancement and survival of our species.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuisance value

Seriously now I don't think evil exists per se, humanity defines evil

This is the absolute truth. Humans define everything. Evil, good, time, distance, language, etc, etc.

Humans set limits/rules in this physical world we live in, when there are actually no such limits.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
A tool for learning and growth. Without evil wouldn't we be content with life?

Would we stop learning and growing if we saw no need to change anything?

[edit on 18-2-2009 by napayshni57]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I have seen unspeakable unimaginable, unfathomable evil, when I made the mistake of googling terms like 'animal cruelty'. You DON'T want to know what I saw. So if you NewAgeys don't like "evil", then how about "monsters"? I have discovered that it's -mostly- men, who perpetrate the things done to little helpless cute furry (and feathered) babies. Why is that? Honestly, I do not understand.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfChaos

EVIL is LIVE spelled backward ie when we live spiritually backward.

Therefore EVIL E-Eliminates V-Virtues I-In L-Life.

groups.google.com...

[edit on 20-2-2009 by ctjctjctj]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
A most interesting discovery, ctjctjctj, of this anagram. I never noticed this anagram before. It's as if 'God' made this 'code'? On purpose? Another Devine message to us.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
EVIL??????????????????

Evil is NATURAL
Evil is the shadow of the light
like a other poster wrote:
Evil is Disharmony like the light is harmony

Evil isnt wrong...its natural
CAUSE:
GOD = GOOD and EVIL
both...

?you dont believe me that? but its real.

GOD IS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHITE AND BLACK
GOOD AND EVIL

Both..
(????? never saw the back of god hm?????)

and we Humans are evil, cause we couldnt exist without the part of god into us.. what means: we are both too.

friendly
Nia Wind

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Evil is in the eye of the beholder.

Evil is either a pathology, or it is something very destructive to a life-form that you value highly.

BUT, this moral relativism is not to be understood as condoning anything and everything under the sun. If I was confronted with evil, I would have to kill it... or at the very least, run in the opposite direction as fast as I could.

I don't believe in absolute evil; something that just wants to destroy the entire universe. Something like that would just be another part of the universe and, therefore, some kind of negative energy... Mother Nature, if you will.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join