It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pandemic of Gnomey Evilness.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Okay,

I've noticed a great deal of posts on Vampires and Werewolves, after all the transformations and bloodsucking make for interesting reads, however I believe we are missing the real terror.

That is right...the gnome epidemic. Oh sure, laugh until you carelessly sit on one of their pointy hats. Vicious creatures indeed. While lacking the strength of werewolves and powers of vampires they are clearly a more serious threat with their invisibility that activates when they are withing two feet of a standing person. This combined with their mastery of "roaming" techniques puts us all in danger. Perhaps the only greater threat being zombies...or *gasp* a dreaded gnome zombie...

I have seen youtube videos of "Gnomes" and as a musician I own several "nomes"...my question is...what is a gnome?

Like this video.

www.youtube.com...

Are they friendly. Do they get drunk and make passes at your kid sister...or is that just leprechauns? Do they get drunk with leprechauns and gossip about your kid sisters morals? Haven't even wikipedia..d them yet so I really have no idea what a gnome is other than a garden ornament who moonlights as a very successful travel agent spokesperson and likes to show up in youtube videos from time to time.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
LOL!!!

This did made my day

Thx for the comic relief

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

A gnome is a mythical creature characterized by its extremely small size and subterranean lifestyle.[1] The word gnome is derived from the New Latin gnomus. It is often claimed to descend from the Greek γνώσις gnosis, "knowledge", but more likely comes from genomos "earth-dweller", in which case the omission of e is, as the OED calls it, a blunder. Another possibility is that it comes from the Arabic نوم (Noum),[citation needed] which means sleep. It is also possible that Paracelsus simply made the word up.Paracelsus includes gnomes in his list of elementals, as earth elementals. He describes them as two spans high, and very taciturn.[2] Sometimes they are seen as a type of fairy, though at other times are seen as a distinct species in their own right

heres you wiki def.

Yes I agree, they are some evil little bastards. Thanx for the laugh man.

And heres a little on their history via wiki

Some confusion arises as the gnome is one of many similar but subtly different creatures in European folklore; mythical creatures such as goblins and dwarves are often represented as gnomes, and vice versa.Gnomes feature in the legends of many of central, northern and eastern European lands by other names: a kaukis is a Prussian gnome, and barbegazi are gnome-like creatures with big feet in the traditions of France and Switzerland. Further east, tengu are sometimes referred to as winged gnomes.
According to certain medieval beliefs, Gnomes were deformed, usually with a hunchback, and were led by their king, Gob, who ruled with a magic sword.[3]
Today, Gnomes are traditionally thought of as being small, bearded and wearing pointed, colorful, conical hats. They live in natural areas close to the Earth and care for wildlife. They are more benevolent than other folkloric creatures such as goblins. This traditional view is supported in such fictional works as The Secret Book of Gnomes. Gnomes have also made popular by appearances made in many online games.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Ant4AU]

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Ant4AU]

join