It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Buying Bomb Parts From America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

'Despite Bush Administration Efforts, Technology Pipeline To Tehran Is Flowing At An Even Faster Pace'

Iran Using Fronts to Get Bomb Parts From U.S.

The Iranian businessman was looking for high-quality American electronics, but he had to act stealthily: The special parts he coveted were denied to Iranians, especially those seeking to make roadside bombs to kill U.S. troops in Iraq.

With a few e-mails, the problem was solved. A friendly Malaysian importer would buy the parts from a company in Linden, N.J., and forward them to Iran. All that was left was coming up with a fake name for the invoice. Perhaps a Malaysian engineering school? "Of course, you can use any other company as end-user that you think is better than this," the Iranian businessman, Ahmad Rahzad, wrote in an e-mail dated March 8, 2007.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

go figure,,, again,,, big business,, or military industrial complex,, is basically funding b oth sides of a"potential",, or "future" war

and if you read it,,, it wasn't a very complex plan to avoid detection.. who knew our gov't could be fooled so easily,,,, or is it purposely,,,,, i can see cheney laughing now with his fat checkbook

i mean really,,, wityh such great intelligence,,, or so we're told,,,, instead of said product going from A to B,,,, it went from A to C, then back to B
and we couldn't track,,, find that,,,, figure that,,, verify that,, double check that?????

in the end i'm not to surprised,,, basically par for the course

what's your guys take on this??????

[edit on 10-1-2009 by shortywarn]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

as nicolas cage said in Lord of War

Yuri Orlov: The reason I'll be released is the same reason you think I'll be convicted. I *do* rub shoulders with some of the most vile, sadistic men calling themselves leaders today. But some of these men are the enemies of *your* enemies. And while the biggest arms dealer in the world is your boss - the President of the United States, who ships more merchandise in a day than I do in a year - sometimes it's embarrassing to have his fingerprints on the guns. Sometimes he needs a freelancer like me to supply forces he can't be seen supplying. So. You call me evil, but unfortunately for you, I'm a necessary evil.

wouldnt be supprised if they did on purpose (the US side)

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
tha was a good movie,, true as well, just not an american or involving our gov't,,, he's a RUSSIAN,,, AND was just captured when he went to i believe thailand,,,,he should of never left safe haven russia

[edit on 11-1-2009 by shortywarn]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

if your refering to the Movie
he only got caught by them following his wife, he was later released by some General in the US military

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
no,, i'm talking about the real life guy,,,,,,i just read it in the economist magazine

www.nytimes.com...

The businessman, Viktor Bout, 41, is suspected of supplying weapons to the Taliban and Al Qaeda and of pouring huge arms shipments into Africa’s civil wars with his own private air fleet. He was arrested by the Thai authorities at a hotel in Bangkok in an operation in which undercover investigators posing as rebels from the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, or FARC, sought to purchase millions of dollars in arms.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This surely can not come as a big chock for you, just think of how many WmD devices like, Smallpox, Boutilism etc etc which was also sold from US to Iraq.

How do you think that US intelligence service had down to more or less the grams of what Iraq possed before they went into it.

Best regards.

Loke.

Ps.

Try keep following that road you are on and see how many money the different US politicians earns millions of dollars on weapons sale.

new topics

top topics

join